Thread: "Very well, I will speak my piece plainly..." T4 Rants, Rumour & Suggestions Thread

"Very well, I will speak my piece plainly..." T4 Rants, Rumour & Suggestions Thread

Originally Posted by Viktoria

Contrarian is convinced that T4 is abandoware.
    It isn't.. and never has been... and that is the point I wanted to make.

I enjoy reading his posts though...
    "Hope for the best, but expect the worst" Isnt that what they use to say? My hope is that Thief 4 will come out next week, and bascially be the perfect thief game, but my expectations are that EM ditches it to EA for a low price, and then EA turns it into a Free To Play death match game with killstreaks and perks ala cod.

Perks: Sleight of hand: Bow speed increased with 200%!
    Hammerite: Dual Hammers!
    Keeper Fanatic: Drop a firearrow upon death!

Killstreaks: Control a Mechanist Gyrocopter! Unleash a horde of zombies on the map!
    signature image
    I'm going to the bear-pits tomorrow, wanna come with?

Thief Suggestion: Ability to put faces on opponents/create them using facegen.

Originally Posted by Black-Adder
    "Hope for the best, but expect the worst" Isnt that what they use to say? My hope is that Thief 4 will come out next week, and bascially be the perfect thief game, but my expectations are that EM ditches it to EA for a low price, and then EA turns it into a Free To Play death match game with killstreaks and perks ala cod.

Perks: Sleight of hand: Bow speed increased with 200%!
    Hammerite: Dual Hammers!
    Keeper Fanatic: Drop a firearrow upon death!

Killstreaks: Control a Mechanist Gyrocopter! Unleash a horde of zombies on the map!
    And with graphics that would make Sonic the hedgehog look good.
    A bird in the hand is... Lunch tonight.

I hope Thief 4 is an updated version of the Deadly Shadows mobile game.

I was not aware such a thing existed!

Early Christmas gift to you!

No... no..., mr. garrett no es here.

I remember having that game for my cellphone years ago. Wasnt very fun, the gameplay of thief doesnt lend itself well to 2D platforming.
    signature image
    I'm going to the bear-pits tomorrow, wanna come with?

Originally Posted by wdogify
    check the "about me" in his forum profile.

OOOOOH thanks! I'm lazy!

I wonder if he will show up in here? Wouldn't be much point, since this forum is a decomposing corpse and we are flies buzzing around it!

But if he does and reads this I say HI!. & EM HAS LEFT US IN THIS HERE FORUM WITH ALL INFO SINCE 2009!

Hello,

" I'm very interested to hear from you about what you would like to see from us in the coming months."

When you've got a few years to spare, just go read the whole forum.

Still no matter who says that, but lack of information is a lack of information. I don't care why things are doing like that, i want some Thief 4 news!

There have been pretty much no good information released for Thief 4 and I have been lurking for several years now. I and many others have come here hundreds times over the years and got disappointed every time.

I'm very happy to hear that there finally will be some exiting news coming soon!

Word of advice: DO NOT invent excuses. Do not claim the game was actually never announced. That's what the last CM tried to pull, didn't go over well. Do not claim people leaving the team is somehow a good sign, like a certain moderator. It will paint you as disingenuous.

Originally Posted by Hypevosa
    I guess I find it sad we could not be considered as adults who will understand that information learned is subject to change, as is always the case with such involved and enduring creative projects. Aren't we all on average in our mid 20s or something like that? xD
    Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    Word of advice: DO NOT invent excuses. Do not claim the game was actually never announced. That's what the last CM tried to pull, didn't go over well. Do not claim people leaving the team is somehow a good sign, like a certain moderator. It will paint you as disingenuous.
    I'm not, I'm above mid 20s.

lol yes previous CM did claim that the game had never been announced!

When Kyle replied that T4 had never been officially announced, he was talking about the marketing level, he did explain that... I'm sure you remember..

Obviously our definitions of an official announcement are different. I'm referring to the type of announcement that coincides with a massive unveiling.

Originally Posted by Kodaemon
    WDo not claim people leaving the team is somehow a good sign, like a certain moderator. It will paint you as disingenuous.
    More nonsense from you. I never said that... stop deliberately twisting what was said to fit your own agenda.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by NewUser2
    There have been pretty much no good information released for Thief 4 and I have been lurking for several years now. I and many others have come here hundreds times over the years and got disappointed every time.

I'm very happy to hear that there finally will be some exiting news coming soon!
    I'm annoyed MOD move my post to this thread, you guys don't care about anything we fans say, we are only problems in you eyes.
    You might aswell trash the whole forum, there is nothing about thief 4 to discuss here anyway expect rumors and lack of information.

Originally Posted by NewUser2
    I'm annoyed MOD move my post to this thread, you guys don't care about anything we fans say, we are only problems in you eyes.
    You might aswell trash the whole forum, there is nothing about thief 4 to discuss here anyway expect rumors and lack of information.

There is no need to be annoyed or to draw negative conclusions.

Apologies, but sometimes posts get moved along with others because they form part of a group conversation and/or because an individual post is better suited to one thread more than the other. This thread suits all general posts about the lack of news/information and helps keep the City Watch thread clean for actual news.

If you have any further questions about board management and moderation, please feel free to PM any member of the team, including myself, and we will be happy to help
    signature image

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Your post was laced with nonsense; and thus belongs in this thread.
    Ouch!

Vik, I know you were talking to someone else, but, as you know, I have kidnapped this thread as raised it as my own child. Anyone disparaging the most important thread on this forum will get me riled up.

I'm not sure any of my 450+ posts have ever been laced with nonsense, but yet I feel they belong here. I think this thread has a special amount of leeway given to the posters so they can speak their mind and rant without being labeled the "T' word.

Originally Posted by contrarian
    I think this thread has a special amount of leeway given to the posters so they can speak their mind....
    Do not worry; this thread exists so that people can speak their minds.

I was referring to matters that violated the ToU; such as personal attacks, innuendos and false accusations etc, plus any content that is consistently off-topic and troll-like.

Such content violates the ToU and is not welcome on this forum; or this thread, sorry.

signature image

Pretty much. This thread offers some leeway and aggregation in the sort of posts that might be unwarranted or out of place elsewhere (Rants, Rumors, Suggestions, as the title says); what it is not is a haven for trolls and "troll-likes" (you know, I think that might actually be a term now). We, the EM forum team, tolerate, even encourage reasonable discussion of a negative sort because everybody is entitled to an opinion here. We refuse to tolerate caustic behavior, because in these facilities, nobody is entitled to attack based on said opinion.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Incredibly difficult...
    incredibly inefficient...
    incredibly frustrating...
    Originally Posted by quasigiani
    Incredible!
    "Inconceivable!"

Originally Posted by dda
    A Thiaf Em 'soon' could mean 1/2 years away.

Originally Posted by b1skit
    Yes, absolutely - this is something I'm very excited to do
    I'm planning some regular podcasts and video casts (more details soon) that should fill this very niche.
    Callllllllm! Calm here and calm here too and calm.

hahah unfortunately, no comment. As I keep saying, I'm under strict gag orders for now, so I cannot elaborate - or even hint - on anything, even though I would love to. Stay tuned, ok?
    Siiiiiiiiiiiileeeeeence! Nothing but silence nothing but quiet nothing but silence.

I actually completely disagree with you here. By definition, dialogue is a conversation between 2 or more people. The hundreds of posts on this forum, hundreds of tweets via twitter, hundreds of updates on facebook, hundreds of shares on Tumblr etc etc etc and our responses to all add up to a significant amount of dialogue. That being said, I understand that you might not have gotten exactly what you're looking for (whether it be Thief trailers, screenshots, plot details or any other type of marketing material), but to say dialogue is non-existent is by definition simply not true.
    Nothiiiing! Nothing here nothing here too and nothing here.
    Waaaaaaaaatch! Watch and spy and watch and see and watch.
    Nonnnne! Found none and found none here and found none.

I ask, again, that you remain patient. We're working hard, and will deliver the results when they're done
    Waaaaaaiiiiit! Wait and wait and watch and wait and listen and wait.

This question is for Adam. Can I just get a definitive YES that Thief 4 will be available for purchase someday and that it isnt just a figment of my imagination?

Also, just as a word of sympathy to my fellow Thief friends...Dishonored is a truly remarkable game that I've been using to satiate my Thief 4 frustrations. Razorfist or the "rageaholic", if your reading this...do a review on Dishonored. God speed you taffers!

Originally Posted by C0RV0
    This question is for Adam. Can I just get a definitive YES that Thief 4 will be available for purchase someday and that it isnt just a figment of my imagination?
    That has been answered in this thread and in this forum many times.

Page 51 of 66 First First ... 4147484950515253545561 ... Last