Thread: THE CITY WATCH 2012 - News/Tweets -UPDATE: EM & Crystal Dynamics collaboration for TR

THE CITY WATCH 2012 - News/Tweets -UPDATE: EM & Crystal Dynamics collaboration for TR

Oh my god!
    Is this really Thief 4?!

Some things I noticed:
    • The fingerless gloves are also used in the elevator "See you next year" picture.
    • The thief's face (at least when he smirks) looks like Garrett's
    • When the thief opens the safe, the mask could be a gas-mask because of the apparent gas that leaks from it
    ...Flames around you, flames, nothing but flames, burning your flesh...

Leaked trailer

There is a leaked trailer on youtube..Don't know if I should post it here since it was removed , so feel free to make your own choice if you want to see or not.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xICYmQmNNv4

signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    "This" perspective switching? What exactly is "this"? Are you seriously drawing gameplay mechanic conclusions out of an obviously cinematic and stylized CG trailer?
    No, I'm not drawing any conclusions here. It just brings a worrisome thought to mind. It's a reasonable concern, considering that DXHR had immersion breaking perspective switching during gameplay. I wouldn't want to see the same thing happen to Thief 4.

I liked the clip.
    The bow caused me some sort of aloofness but if its "mechanical" properties are well supported realistically in the story (just like the mechanical eye from mechanists) I will be ok with it.
    Also the way Garrett draws the bow proves that I was right when commenting the first screenshot leaked in 3rd person.

Sounded almost like...

It's spot on, I love it!

EM, pay attention... PAY. ATTENTION.
    ~You reap what you sow~

Reminds me of the one "Dark Project" trailer from 1997.

Or actually the newer one

Both old Thief trailers are clever in a way that they show off massacre and mayhem, but are actually advertisements for a smart stealth game. They take advantage of the 90's FPS market. Probably exactly what Thief 4 should do, taking advantage of the so-called idiot console players, if they really do exist. Hitman Absolution did it. They drew the attention of the attention-handicapped by showing action'y footage and cool CG trailer graphics, only to introduce later the more subtle approaches that are the main focus in the gameplay.

Hitman Absolution did it. They drew the attention of the attention-handicapped by showing action'y footage and cool CG trailer graphics, only to introduce later the more subtle approaches that are the main focus in the gameplay.
    Sadly, they also did it, to a large degree, with Hitman: Absolution's actual gameplay.
    signature image

I vowed to not ever come back until something credible is released, but I am making an exception here. This "leak" is not credible. I had to come back just to ridicule the gullible masses.

This "trailer" is first year animator junior college drop-out material. Any hack, myself included, could have made such a cookie cutter piece of garbage in one sitting. If, by some unfortunate event, this is really what EM has to offer, then my hopes are dashed. Good day.

Originally Posted by contrarian
    I vowed to not ever come back until something credible is released, but I am making an exception here. This "leak" is not credible. I had to come back just to ridicule the gullible masses.

This "trailer" is first year animator junior college drop-out material. Any hack, myself included, could have made such a cookie cutter piece of garbage in one sitting. If, by some unfortunate event, this is really what EM has to offer, then my hopes are dashed. Good day.
    Cool story man.

@contrarian

signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Contrarian must be the worst prophet ever. In actuality he said that he would never come back if his prediction about Thief 4 in E3 would fail. And he couldn't even get that right. He can't even predict what he himself will do.

Contrarian must be the worst prophet ever. In actuality he said that he would never come back if his prediction about Thief 4 in E3 would fail. And he couldn't even get that right. He can't even predict what he himself will do.
    No kidding. Someone call James Randi, we've got a false prophet in the house!

signature image
    Because boomerangs.

No, no, no. You got it all wrong. My initial prediction was that there would be significant info coming out of E3, and that it may take up to several weeks after the event for it to leak out. This crappy trailer "Leak", which could be considered significant, fulfills my prophecy.

Then, after the MOD @M came on and contradicted another MOD by saying that EM calls the PR shots instead of SE, I ammended my prophecy. Everyone knows that prophecies cannot be accurately cast if there are people that can control the outcome of said prophecy and spoon feed the prophet lies. My ammended prophecy said that there would still be info coming out within the month of June, but not that significant. This crappy trailer "Leak", which could be considered insignificant, fulfills the ammended prophecy.

Remember back in February, I said there was a 0% chance of GDC yielding anything. I was spot on, as usual. My latest prophecy (ammended one or initial one) ALWAYS said some info would come out either at E3 or within 2 weeks. Once again, I was spot on..even though the trailer is junk.

Don't put it past me that I created that pile of dung you all think is "official" and posted it just to make my own prophecy fulfilled. Just watch an Assassin's Creed trailer and compare the quality. Maybe you'll understand my disdain. EM wouldn't dare attach their name to that trailer. I'm surprised they haven't come out disavowing all association with it already.

Ammending prophecy? I knew it. Contrarian is John Hogue!
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Prophecy shmophecy... It *is* a probably early build of a Thief 4 trailer. Anyone can see that and if you keep saying differently, you'll only sink even deeper.

Dung or not, I for one kinda like it.

I'm surprised they haven't come out disavowing all association with it already.
    Why would they? The clip corresponds almost one-to-one to the story board images that leaked earlier, and EM didn't deny (or admit) their involment with those, either.
    ~You reap what you sow~

No, no, no. You got it all wrong. My initial prediction was that there would be significant info coming out of E3, and that it may take up to several weeks after the event for it to leak out.
    Where is this prediction?

This crappy trailer "Leak", which could be considered significant, fulfills my prophecy.
    What are you talking about?

Then, after the MOD @M came on and contradicted another MOD by saying that EM calls the PR shots instead of SE, I ammended my prophecy. Everyone knows that prophecies cannot be accurately cast if there are people that can control the outcome of said prophecy and spoon feed the prophet lies. My ammended prophecy said that there would still be info coming out within the month of June, but not that significant. This crappy trailer "Leak", which could be considered insignificant, fulfills the ammended prophecy.

Remember back in February, I said there was a 0% chance of GDC yielding anything. I was spot on, as usual. My latest prophecy (ammended one or initial one) ALWAYS said some info would come out either at E3 or within 2 weeks. Once again, I was spot on..even though the trailer is junk.

Don't put it past me that I created that pile of dung you all think is "official" and posted it just to make my own prophecy fulfilled. Just watch an Assassin's Creed trailer and compare the quality. Maybe you'll understand my disdain. EM wouldn't dare attach their name to that trailer. I'm surprised they haven't come out disavowing all association with it already.
    Please.

Did anyone notice that when contrarian reappeared and started talking again just an hour or so ago, he had no signature. But immediately after it was pointed out that he's a horrible prophet and a liar, he added a patently false signature saying "100% success rate"

He's really sticking to that formula isn't he? You know, at some point you will hit a wall when trying to apply the opposite in every situation. Like in the case of breathing for example. Contrarian started out promoting ideas that were the opposite of reasonable, in order to produce angry responses from people who coulnd't see what he was doing. Now everything he says is exactly false. The polar opposite of truth. Even his signature.

I guess next he needs to decide that not breathing air keeps you alive. So he'll stop breathing. But wait, that would kill him, except that he lives in opposite-land, so it woulnd't kill him. So he runs into a paradox where he can't do what he needs to do because he needs to achieve the opposite result from what results from what he initially does. wat

I'll just keep this here and remember the post number for when his prophecy of this being a first year animator junior college drop-out's trailer turns out to be false.

I'm actually looking forward to his hopes being dashed.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Originally Posted by Master Taffer
    I'm actually looking forward to his hopes being dashed.
    You might be disappointed too, since he's contrarian, which pretty much means that he gets the satisfaction of being proven right, out of being proven wrong.

This "trailer" is first year animator junior college drop-out material. Any hack, myself included, could have made such a cookie cutter piece of garbage in one sitting.
    Would you please make some "trailers" like this for me? What you consider garbage, I consider AWESOMENESS!

Gah, not again. Is contrarian or the 'trailer' in the center of attention now?

Page 48 of 81 First First ... 3844454647484950515258 ... Last