Thread: What do you want to see in Kane and Lynch 3?

What do you want to see in Kane and Lynch 3?

What do you want to see in Kane and Lynch 3?

I put this thread in off-topic, seeing the general part of the forum is completely dead.

Anywho... what would YOU like to see in Kane and Lynch 3?

For me... I want to see Dead Men's damage/kevlar system back. What made Fragile Alliance so damn fun, was the tension of being able to die at any second, in the most bizzare or sudden way. You always had to pay attention to your surroundings...

In 2, you have so much damn health that even if someone gets the drop on you, there is a 50% chance you can kill them first by blindfiring bullets out of your pistol. In kane and Lynch 1, blindfiring rarely helped, and aiming was a better strategy... it's the complete opposite in 2. For a person who's played Dead Men, this totally takes out most of the tension in 2.

Dead Men's damage system made you think more about traitoring too, seeing that if you traitored one person in front of two other people, you were guaranteed a death... You had to feel and think for the right moment.

The only other thing I would want... would be rank system similar to Trueskill, but tweaked so it can't be abused and boosted. If you were using the Trueskill system legitimately, you always had something to work for. It was extremely exciting to finally meet that goal you aimed for. (And frustrating as hell once you lost it, making you want to play more so you could get it back) Even if you played over 100 hours, you would always be battling to get your Trueskill back to 50, or to get higher in the leaderboards.

In 2, that's a different story. Once I ranked up to mastermind in Kane and Lynch 2, (Which took about a month and a half) I had nothing else to work for. I already set the highest legit spot I could get on the leaderboards... (Seeing it only counts the highest amount of money you received in one match.) so all I had left to do was be an *** in FA. I just started traitoring randomly, not caring about the money. That's when I realized how much dead men was the better game. Don't get me wrong, I still love Kane and Lynch 2, and will continue to play it.... but it just seems like it's a step down from Dead Men's multiplayer.

Wow. I just wrote a lot of . Sorry about that haha. Anyway, what do you guys want back/want new in Kane and lynch?

Man, i wish they would rework the gameplay(shooting mainly) mechanic.While i can't say i hate it, i also can't say that i enjoy it all that much.Bullets scatter all over the place, npcs fall flat on their ragdoll asses the very second you shoot them(Get Euphoria IO), most of the guns feel inadequate.I know lots of people who don't care for that sort of thing, but for me a good gameplay mechanic is half the game.
    So far, the best third-person shooting mechainc i've seen was in Grand Theft Auto 4.It's just so, "bang, bang, bang", so satisfying, shooting pedestrians one after another, watching them hobble for a bit, and then collapse on the ground.
    I guess that's the only thing i want IO to improve in Kane and Lynch 3, cause i'm sure that story and setting will not disappoint...unless it's about Kane and Lynch raiding malls for new sunglasses and then the rest of the game is them dicking around taking pictures... D:
    Oh, and also IO, tell Jarion Monroe to tone down the roars on Lynch, he is a human, not a ***********ing lion.

Originally Posted by JS_Lynch
    Man, i wish they would rework the gameplay(shooting mainly) mechanic.While i can't say i hate it, i also can't say that i enjoy it all that much.Bullets scatter all over the place, npcs fall flat on their ragdoll asses the very second you shoot them(Get Euphoria IO), most of the guns feel inadequate.I know lots of people who don't care for that sort of thing, but for me a good gameplay mechanic is half the game.
    So far, the best third-person shooting mechainc i've seen was in Grand Theft Auto 4.It's just so, "bang, bang, bang", so satisfying, shooting pedestrians one after another, watching them hobble for a bit, and then collapse on the ground.
    I guess that's the only thing i want IO to improve in Kane and Lynch 3, cause i'm sure that story and setting will not disappoint...unless it's about Kane and Lynch raiding malls for new sunglasses and then the rest of the game is them dicking around taking pictures... D:
    Oh, and also IO, tell Jarion Monroe to tone down the roars on Lynch, he is a human, not a ***********ing lion.
    Personally, I love all the rage moments Lynch has.... it's what makes Lynch... well Lynch haha.

And oddly enough dude... for both Kane and Lynch 1/2, I find the gameplay extremely satisfying. In GTA IV, I always feel like I'm controlling a tank the way my character moves... but in Kane and Lynch, I can move where ever I want perfectly. Same with the cover.

In short, GTA IV's movement makes me feel like I don't have full control, while Kane and Lynch feels completely smooth.

I guess it's just all about preferences.

I only wish that the story is not five hours long. I actually preferred Dead Men's shooting to Dog Days. See, the first one just felt meatier, like what Rockstar did with GTA IV (I'm all for IO licensing Euphoria).
    I'm no writer, but I'd like to see a continuation of the "Oh , everyone is trying to kill us" feel from the end of Dog Days continue into 3. That and the close-range beatdowns from Dead Men need to come back.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

Originally Posted by BeardedHoplite
    I only wish that the story is not five hours long. I actually preferred Dead Men's shooting to Dog Days. See, the first one just felt meatier, like what Rockstar did with GTA IV (I'm all for IO licensing Euphoria).
    I'm no writer, but I'd like to see a continuation of the "Oh , everyone is trying to kill us" feel from the end of Dog Days continue into 3. That and the close-range beatdowns from Dead Men need to come back.
    I agree with the shooting. It just felt more reliable, even though the recoil was random.

Oh, I forgot to put one thing into the thread....

A veteran status of some sort. For people who have been playing Kane and Lynch since the beginning... after hour after hour, they should be able to play as older characters through out all three games, kind of like Uncharted 3. Or, they can bring back the Kane and Lynch models back into Fragile Alliance, which (Yet again) can be obtained by being either 2nd or 1st in the world. I was disappointed to see that wasn't implemented into Kane and Lynch 2.

6. I want it to not exist and stop Square Enix *** up the series anymore.
    signature image

Originally Posted by MxOAgentJohnson
    I want it to not exist and stop Square Enix *** up the series anymore.
    Uhhh..... I would have to rightly disagree with you. If anything, we need more Kane and lynch.

Originally Posted by MxOAgentJohnson
    quote removed
    ^ No bonfire? DogMan is sad...
    "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

[mod]quote removed[/mod]

I think some of the writers who did Dog Days did Dead Men, too.
    Surely you wouldn't want to murk the people who wrote a masterpiece? It'd be like killing Sam Peckinpah after he made Conv-oh wait, he did.
    "That cat? Man, nobody talks about him. 'Cause it's like talkin' 'bout the black death" --Miami Vice

10. Oh god, someone still moderates this forum?
    signature image

Hahah, that's awesome to see. I've been trying to get all my kane and lynch buddies to join on this forum. Seeing it alive would be freaking awesome.

Kane & Lynch 3... if there is one at all... needs to do one thing:

Hire some writers... or hire ME... to write the story. Seriously IOInteractive... I'm a native english-speaker and I can make dialogue that doesn't sound awkward and dumb. Call me.

Originally Posted by Kent-45
    Kane & Lynch 3... if there is one at all... needs to do one thing:

Hire some writers... or hire ME... to write the story. Seriously IOInteractive... I'm a native english-speaker and I can make dialogue that doesn't sound awkward and dumb. Call me.
    The dialogue in Dog Days reminded me of Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, for some reason. There were some awkward lines, but a whole lot of dialogic gems in both.

Legacy of a potentialy great game

I really enjoyed both kane and lynch games. While the second one seemed a little short I still liked it. The series would be far more entertaining if lynch's psychotic episodes were brought back. But the fanbase of kane and lynch should have a good legacy and go all out on a third game. It's legacy shouldn't be left to a crappy bruce willis/jamie fox movie.

Inc 'Hitman' in to it. So may be a 'Hitman AND Kane & Lynch'. 'Kane, Lynch & #47'. May be a co-op between them. May be sandbox? May be and Lara Croft too and any others they can fit in a BIG title. Then everybody'd be happy!
    XZX WAS HERE