Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can someone please give me a reason to give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jakobsen View Post
    I never had any PS slim model, don't know why but I never liked them... slims look awkward, while regular ones goes very well with style of time they are released!

P.S. This thread is going away from topic
    yea i agree.. i don't like the ps3 slim model, it just doesn't look luxurious and attractive like the original ps3.. looks more becoming for children audience.

as for the topic, aw well.. it's not the 1st thread that we going away from the main subject..
    :P
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jakobsen View Post
    I never had any PS slim model, don't know why but I never liked them... slims look awkward, while regular ones goes very well with style of time they are released!

P.S. This thread is going away from topic
    yea i agree.. i don't like the ps3 slim model, it just doesn't look luxurious and attractive like the original ps3.. looks more becoming for children audience.

as for the topic, aw well.. it's not the 1st thread that we going away from the main subject..
    :P
    Tell me about it.
    Plus, once the product is finished, companies have a tendency of starting to cut costs by skimping on things. (being cheapskates)
    Cheaper made = brakes more easily >.<

LOL, never thought of calling it "luxurious and attractive" ^.^
    Though I do like how SHINY the original looks ^^;
    "children audience" ??? agreed... perhaps THAT is why they cut costs,
    Why bother making something last, if the person's brat is going to brake it in a day anyway?

As for the topic... I think my issue has been resolved.
    We're just chatting about whatever now ^^;

I felt the same way when i first heard all the stuff about the story line. I am willing to give it a chance though, so I can know at least I did try to enjoy it and appreciate this 'reboot".

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlade View Post

Tomb Raider 2012 seems to have those same pop-ups from Assassin's Creed showing the mission details. It's the exact same, size, position. They even decided to make a small intro thing with music and the TR logo as shown in the E3 demo which is very similar to what happens in Assassin's Creed.
    I'm sure they've done that with every Tomb Raider game, or just the more up-to-date ones atleast...

Quote Originally Posted by SineadLadyCroft View Post
    At first I was not a big fan of the whole "reboot" idea, but now after seeing some footage, reading interviews and looking through screenshots, I am very excited for the game. Crystal Dynamics have to appeal to a new audience of gamers, which like to play a character who they can feel sympathy and empathy for. They need character who is believable, and I think the new Lara is a perfect example of that. Times have changed, and though I will miss the old Lara who was a massive part of my childhood, I will look forward to a new direction of the series. It's not really up to us forum members to convince you to like the game, but it is clearly up to you. Be a bit patient and read interviews and watch new footage/trailers of the games when they are released, and then you can decide. I know the one thing that is making me very patient for the game, even though release for a new trailer and for the game is long away is being a devoted Tomb Raider fan, waiting with excitement and anticipation.
    You me both, I hated the fact they wanted to change someone so perfect to someone so imperfect, but then I read interviews, watched interviews, saw concept art, gameplay (ect )I actually started to LIKE this Lara more than the past Lara's simply because she's so imperfect.

I love the idea that Lara is more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Also worth considering that Lara is not just a 'rich kid' - she's an aristocrat. In other words, she comes from a long line of survivors who battled, brutalised and fought their way through the toughest arenas - both physical and mental - that humanity has ever thrown up. For many generations. So she'll just be doing what comes naturally!
    Exactly, Lara isn't just the rich kid with the rich Daddy.. :')

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    ^ Indeed; people are still assuming too much about her backstory.
    The only thing about the back-story for me is I want to know if her Parents suffered a different fate, since Lara's mum died by going to Avalon then later being shot by Lara, and how Natla killed Lara's father.
    I want to know if that's all been switched up and they're either still living or died a different way. That's all that I really want to know atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
    never know till you try it
    I'm eager for the demo tbh. (If there is one) That'll settle whether or not I want it for me, when I become attatched to a Demo, it's then obvious i'll become attached to the game.

~~

There was a Youtube rant actually, between some guy and some girl, I found it amusing to read, he commented on Lara's breasts, saying nobody would care if she died if she was flat, then the girl responded with "We would! There's more to Lara than her breasts!" and he said something along the lines of "You're right, she has an a**."

That just made me giggle really, but I suppose that is another aspect of the more realistic Lara Croft, the fact she's also being given a more realistic, (More attractive) body and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    There was a Youtube rant actually, between some guy and some girl, I found it amusing to read, he commented on Lara's breasts, saying nobody would care if she died if she was flat, then the girl responded with "We would! There's more to Lara than her breasts!" and he said something along the lines of "You're right, she has an a**."

That just made me giggle really, but I suppose that is another aspect of the more realistic Lara Croft, the fact she's also being given a more realistic, (More attractive) body and personality.
    I love playing games with main female characters that have large breasts.
    But if they're going to give her a more realistic body,
    then sure, I'd go for it in a flash ^.^
    Her breasts aren't big anymore, but it's not like she's flat.
    I still say she's majorly hot ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by chacyung View Post
    I still say she's majorly hot ^.^
    agreed. even with all that dirt and blood on her, she still looks attractive in a way. at least she really looks so much more human and realistic
    signature image

I don't see what men see in women that are structurally unsound. This Lara is definitely the best Lara yet. At least she won't be the laughing stock of the gaming world from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    I don't see what men see in women that are structurally unsound. This Lara is definitely the best Lara yet. At least she won't be the laughing stock of the gaming world from now on.
    agree with you. there are so many people who dislike lara and the latest TR games. now she can be taken more serious. that you are looking at a mature woman after all. this already is worth getting the game.

regarding us men:
    well, lets use the sexy angelina jolie as an example.
    she is attractive, strong willed, determent, intelligent and desnt make a fuss if a nail breaks.
    thats what we pretty much see in lara (well, at least to me). yes, many guys like big breasts, thats something im not really fond off.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    agreed. even with all that dirt and blood on her, she still looks attractive in a way. at least she really looks so much more human and realistic
    I was saying this the day it was revealed. Too many people focused on the surface and not really paying attention to the features, which are stunning to say the least.

There were also the complaints that this "isn't Lara anymore", but I think that was based mostly on holding the "Lara image" to the older games, which are from generations past and designed by outdated standards. Lara in 2013 (or in this generation for that matter) shouldn't have to carry disproportionate facial features (most notably the eyes and lips) to still be recognizable.

This is absolutely the best thing they've done for the 3 generations old Icon and may just bring in new fans, not just cater to us who have been around since the beginning.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    I was saying this the day it was revealed. Too many people focused on the surface and not really paying attention to the features, which are stunning to say the least.

There were also the complaints that this "isn't Lara anymore", but I think that was based mostly on holding the "Lara image" to the older games, which are from generations past and designed by outdated standards. Lara in 2013 (or in this generation for that matter) shouldn't have to carry disproportionate facial features (most notably the eyes and lips) to still be recognizable.

This is absolutely the best thing they've done for the 3 generations old Icon and may just bring in new fans, not just cater to us who have been around since the beginning.
    This! Couldn't have said it better myself!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post

i see what you mean.
    yes, very true. like judging someone before knowing the actual person. well said
    signature image

I think this is the best Lara, up to date.
    signature image

(forgive me if I leave any games out that I didn't play)

I've played Tomb Raider on the playstation for the most part.
    (TR1, TR2, TR3, The Last Revelation, Chronicles)
    And I liked how the graphics improved to make her more realistic.
    (even got the TR1-gold to play the bonus levels)

When it went to the PS2, I was naturally excited about it.
    When I played "The Angel of Darkness" I could see an improvement...
    ...in graphics ONLY. Most people I've talked to agree, that it was the worst TR game to date, and I agreed too. Especially sence they put her on the run from the cops >.< (THAT didn't seem like Lara at all) Not to mention ALL the glitches.

When they made "Legend" it was like they were back on track.
    Lara was more realistic then ever and it had that good old-fasioned Tomb Raider feel to it again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then they started on "Tomb Raider" (dubbed "Lara Croft Reborn" )
    I saw the pictures and thought, wow.
    The graphics are amazing and Lara looks more real then ever.
    She's beautiful, strong, determined, everything Lara should look like.
    And then I read about the story...

Now I'm not against making prequels, or even retelling the story a little.
    But what they did was mess with Lara's identity. That I don't like >.<

What the creators said they wanted to do, was get away from "Teflon Lara"
    and make her more "human", but what they did, was IMO, brake the reality of it.

Sure they made her LOOK more realistic, but they took away the realistic environment.
    And I'm not talking about the graphics of the world around her.
    I'm talking about the expected realistic reactions to her environment.
    They took a rich girl, right out of an academy, and dropped her into a life and death situation to torture her both physically and mentally.

To note the first part of the game, she wakes up, struggles free to land on a spike, rips it out, and starts stumbling around. I call UNREALISTIC on this !!
    No amount of "academy" training can prepare a pampered rich girl with NO real experience with any amount of extreme pain, to take this kind of abuse. (this IS suppose to be her FIRST adventure)

The pain alone would knock most real people unconscous, to say nothing of an academy rich-kid that would more likely go insane(or faint) just from looking at an environment like that.

And she's suppose to survive an entire island full of this torture,
    just as a way for the developers to give her a "reason" to be tough ??
    Her reason was the loss of her mother, the slow decline of her father's state,
    her tutoring "in the field" under Professor Von Croy, and her EXPERIENCE IN THE FIELD that she has gained on her many explorations even BEFORE the first games story line starts.
    (not to mention the chronicles part when she goes to that haunted island)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is no longer a "Tomb Raider" game. It's a horror game.
    They could have dropped ANY character into that situation, named it anything they wanted too,
    and it would have still been EXACTLY the same.

It is unrealistic to expect someone, that has NEVER experienced that amount of pain and horror to that extreme, to be able to deal with it like that, on their first experience with it.

If someone can provide me with a valid argument against this complaint,
    Or tell me something about the story that I didn't know, that can explain it...
    THEN I will welcome it whole-heartedly.

Because as it stands, this game does NOT look like it's worth getting.
    I'd love to continue expanding my Tomb Raider collection.
    But I don't have the money to buy games that I don't think I'd enjoy.

So to all that actually managed to read my "wall o text" (sorry about that) ^^;
    This is an invite, to prove me wrong on my belief.
    They are trying to make her easier to relate to. The old Lara was already 'finished'. There was no room to flesh her out, as we were just thrown into her life, unable to make changes. Now, she's alot more modern than before, and she can actually show pain and emotion instead of just shooting tigers in the face. Her background will be very fleshed out compared to other games, and we may be seeing aspects of her life that we never were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Correction: If you WANT to get it, find the PS2 version.

(The console version is still a good game )
    Interesting... I own Aod for the PC, and have had virtually no problems with it. I was under the impression the console version was actually worse, due to the inversed control system or something. Could have got this completely wrong though

In the end, I forgot the most important thing... SHE IS LARA CROFT !!!
    Not ordinary, not typical, and NOT to be underestimated.
    This sums up my feelings about Lara... and why I'll never buy into the emotional, "realistic" model She has been my idol since I was about 7 - I don't WANT her to go to pieces like a normal person probably would.

Also, going back to the original question of giving the game a chance, I think it looks amazing in terms of gameplay. I hated what they did to Lara's backstory in Legend and Underworld (also Alistair and Zip, ugh), but the games were both awesome and a lot of fun to play so it didn't bother me too much. Underworld especially blew me away with the environments and puzzles etc. If you're not sure, maybe wait for the reviews before committing.
    signature image

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345