Thread: totally stuck in Detroit

totally stuck in Detroit

totally stuck in Detroit

Hi,
    Can anyone help?
    I can't access any computer Level 2 and onwards because I can't upgrade the capture software. I don't have any praxis points or anything to sell to buy any praxis points. I tried to find the free praxis pack in the sewer but cant break down the door with gunfire (i don't have a grenade). Can't seem to proceed with the main objective or any side quests without hacking level 2 or above computers.
    Thanks

There is literally no point in the game that requires you to have anything above level 1 hacking. You're not looking hard enough.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

sorry I mean I have the lowest level capture software, is that 1 or 5? In any case for example I can't do the 1st side quest because I don't have the right software level to enter the gates of the co-workers' apartment building in detroit.

Originally Posted by mantegna
    sorry I mean I have the lowest level capture software, is that 1 or 5? In any case for example I can't do the 1st side quest because I don't have the right software level to enter the gates of the co-workers' apartment building in detroit.
    You can get up the nearby fire escape by moving crates underneath it, jumping up, then going over top of the gate. There's also an option to go in through a high window somewhere, but I can't remember where abouts.
    "Square Root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed so harmless..."

There are always multiple ways to complete things.
    If there is ever something that _must_ be hacked then it _will_ be level 1 (lowest level) and you will be able to hack it. If you're stuck at a hack that you can't get through then there must be another way around.

Look for places you can get to by moving crates. Look for vents to sneak through. Look for people to talk to. If you have the leg augs look for places you can jump to. If you have the strength augs look for big items you can pick up and move to get over or behind.

If you're still stuck then state exactly where you are and what you're doing and I'm sure someone will be able to give you better help.

For example: If you're having issues in the police station:
    You can convince the cop upstairs to let you in and then the cops aren't hostile. There are ways to get the codes for the back entrance to the station. You can sneak in via the roof. etc...

personally, i like having level 4 capture.

i hack things just because i can.

thats certainly what makes this game so cool. you can proceed however you want and the game rewards you for it.

all things can be altered by saving/loading. its a good way to experiment with potential augs you are interested in.

Use your brain.
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by mantegna
    Hi,
    Can anyone help?
    I can't access any computer Level 2 and onwards because I can't upgrade the capture software. I don't have any praxis points or anything to sell to buy any praxis points. I tried to find the free praxis pack in the sewer but cant break down the door with gunfire (i don't have a grenade). Can't seem to proceed with the main objective or any side quests without hacking level 2 or above computers.
    Thanks
    You don't need hacking to proceed in the game. Explore more.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder

Use your brain.
    thanks i'll try that.