Thread: blades in arm augmentations?

blades in arm augmentations?

Question blades in arm augmentations?

Maybe I missed something while playing.
    In each preview I saw for DE:HR, Jensen had these cool blades that would extend/retract from his arms during close combat fighting. I used the "takedown" during the game but Adam only used his hands for this. Was there an aug I was missing. It would be nice to have the option of using this as a choice of weapon along with pistol/rifle/etc.

For the Xbox 360 edition, you just continue to hold down the takedown button. However, you can view the tutorials for the takedown and silent kill moves directly from the main menu.

You need to hold the takedown button to use the blades- that's the way on the Xbox pad anyway. What you've been doing are non-lethal takedowns.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see your post above.

Thanks, I'll try that right now. On some unsuspection resident I might add.
    "In third person, you're controlling a character. In first person, you are the character."

Yep, that worked. Just hold down the "takedown" button (default Q) when close to an enemy.
    Thanks.
    "In third person, you're controlling a character. In first person, you are the character."

Never liked lethal takedowns: there's no point to use them IMHO.
    I think a good use for blades would be in a melee attack, ex. in a "non ballistic" version of typhoon: the classic whirlwind.
    Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees - E.S.

Since Adams characteristics weren't really violent (in my opinion) the blades just felt wrong.. It also annoyed me when excited and one pushed the takedown button too fast and it became a leathal takedown. All the other guards in the area just went mental and I went "Ops. Sorry, didn't mean to kill Steve.. just.. hug him somewhat to sleep."

You have to remember that Jensen didn't ask to be augmented. So wether he's violent or not is irrelevant.

@harill
    that's strange logic. "I was given a gun and started shooting people. I never asked for it. Does that mean I won't go to jail?"

When I played, I hardly ever saw them. On the small occasions they did come out, it felt like a necessary reaction to the situation.

Shooting someone with a pistol would be so much cleaner though. He'd have bits and pieces of people stuck on the inside of his arms and all over his coat.

I'm just repeating what he said in the game.

Originally Posted by spyhopping
    He'd have bits and pieces of people stuck on the inside of his arms and all over his coat.
    That would be particularly gross in the summer. Yuck.

Maybe there's pads they rub against as they retract, or some sort of internal washing cycle and Adam has to pour some soap powder and water in somewhere. Although the former would have to be changed regularly and the latter would need some kind of drain and maybe a pump and could get blocked. The consumables would take up valuable inventory space.
    Rhubarb is a controversial pie filling

The augments use internal nanobots to clean bladed weapons so your arms don't get all ucky. Their power draw is so low you don't notice it.

Ahh, it's magic then
    Rhubarb is a controversial pie filling

magic, technology. one of those

Originally Posted by OldGlory747
    For the Xbox 360 edition, you just continue to hold down the takedown button.

i was wondering about this as well, i have the 360 version, the blades are a lethal takedown only? i guess that makes sense.

do you need the dorsal, double takedown augmentation for it? i dont like going around killing people personally, something about jensen seems like he isnt a murderer. usually i just barely set off a visual alarm and then flank around from the LKP to non lethal them.