View Poll Results: Is This Game Looking Like Uncharted Ft. Lara?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's unique in it's own way!

89 60.96%
  • Yes, CD is using the exact formula!

10 6.85%
  • No, but it is a little more noticeable.

34 23.29%
  • Yes, but not so much that I care.

18 12.33%
  • I'm not sure

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider vs. Uncharted

nice videos.
    indiana jones got hired to get the skull back that cracked me up.

the other one was pretty much the same as other videos. for the non german speaking people; the comments were basically the impressions/opinions they had about the game, which was very positive. they were happy to play the demo and that they feel more closer to lara and the game then before.
    signature image

that is one awesome video

That Nahan Drake vs. Lara Croft video was so awesome GO LARA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    nice videos.
    indiana jones got hired to get the skull back that cracked me up.
    Indiana Jones is the father of all archaeologist. But Allan Quatermain is the greatest grand-father of all archaeologist.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Lara Croft vs Nathan Drake Live Action Battle!

Why can’t Lara and Nathan just get along?!?*Really cool video regardless! Love the stunts.

Ha, awesome video!

And of course Lara won against that air head Nathan

*Keeps running over train tracks* -> *Huge bouldering train coming his way* -> *jumps out of the way at the very last second*

"There's a snake behind you" -> "I'm not falling for tha-" -> *turns around anyway*

Yes, dear Nathan, you sure did lose your head

---

@LadyR: maybe put this video in your OP?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Ha, awesome video!

*Keeps running over train tracks* -> *Huge bouldering train coming his way* -> *jumps out of the way at the very last second*

"There's a snake behind you" -> "I'm not falling for tha-" -> *turns around anyway*

---

Sure, Driber. Just a minute.

EDIT: Done

Taken from the latest Q&A:

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hey guys! Here you go! Thanks for being patient on this one – with Karl and I both in different parts of the world, it took a bit longer to tackle these. I intentionally didn’t choose some questions I thought would be answered in this upcoming round of previews, which will go live later this afternoon!

Here we go!

Lara Rocks 2: Will there always be an objective at hand, or does the player get to free roam and decide to do the missions at a later time? Are there load times between areas, or levels?
    "you can choose to stray from the critical path and explore quite frequently"

Let's see Drake pull that off. In other words; NOT. AN. UNCHARTED. CLONE!
    signature image

The game would still be 100 times better (maybe, probably I haven't played it), without the Uncharted-ish moments though.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Ha, awesome video!

---

OMG ikr. This part had me rolling lmao
    signature image

Lara is unique and nothing like Nathan. ^^

You gotta love her!
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

I have never played Uncharted, so i can't comment on any similarities, but there is one thing that i have noticed...

with literally thousands of games, tens of thousands of movies, and millions of books in the world, it is almost impossible for anyone to have a truly "original" idea anymore. Add to that, the fact that we really only have our experiences as humans to draw off of, and those experiences are going to be limited to reality and a bit of imagination. What does this mean? It means that something somewhere is always going to resemble something else. Given the technology levels in gaming and the demand for certain kinds of gameing experiences, i have no doubts that aspects of TR will look like other games, whether they were direct inspirations or not. Many people rely on others for inspiration, then they put their own twist on it. It really can't be helped.
    "I'd like to say it was nice to meet you, but that would be a lie"
    signature image

^^precisely.

Is a seal a dog with fins or a fish with mammalian features? Tomb Raider and Uncharted are different and similar, depending on how you look at them...

^The voice of reason!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    ^^precisely.

Is a seal a dog with fins or a fish with mammalian features? Tomb Raider and Uncharted are different and similar, depending on how you look at them...
    The problem is that most people always see and continue to search for similarities. Unfortunately, I did that, too but I figured out it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    The problem is that most people always see and continue to search for similarities. Unfortunately, I did that, too but I figured out it's pointless.
    if you have or actually anyone have a PS3 then forget about it, just get Uncharted games, get Tomb Raider game, enjoy both, cause IMO both offer something different no matter what, be it the characters, the setting, the story, or the gameplay style.

I as a gamer can't stop myself from enjoying both, I bought every UC game and enjoyed it alot, also I can't wait for TR cause it looks amazing, and I am going to love it and play the hell out of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post

You gotta love her!
    she should have
    and yes I agree, one got to love her no matter what

Guyz! Naughty Dog copied from Tomb Raider once again!!!

^
    because this... (is this a girl?) human has a bow? can also be copied from AC3, The Avangers, Hunger Games, Brave ect ect.... seems like everyone likes bows these days
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

^^For crying out loud, just because Ellie has a bow doesn't mean they are copying TR!!! Like hiropon said, this is the year of the bow, never before has it been so popular.
    signature image

^^ Agree, NG didn't copy from anyone, Bows are everywhere, heck they go way back to Thief if I recall, it just has become so popular after The Hunger Games movie.

Also unlike every other game, The Last of Us isn't focused on Bows, not at all.

TR is unique in it's own way, just because TR is coming cinematic too it doesn't mean it's becoming uncharted, seriously.
    It's freaking pissing me off already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_kain View Post
    ^^ Agree, NG didn't copy from anyone, Bows are everywhere, heck they go way back to Thief if I recall, it just has become so popular after The Hunger Games movie.

Also unlike every other game, The Last of Us isn't focused on Bows, not at all.
    No no no. WE will burn Naughty Dog for this. They must pay for their transgressions.

This. Means. WAR!!!

signature image

Yeah, even Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 have bows, which are FPS games
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Bows in FPS go back before Turok on the N64

lol

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast