View Poll Results: Is This Game Looking Like Uncharted Ft. Lara?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's unique in it's own way!

89 60.96%
  • Yes, CD is using the exact formula!

10 6.85%
  • No, but it is a little more noticeable.

34 23.29%
  • Yes, but not so much that I care.

18 12.33%
  • I'm not sure

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomb Raider vs. Uncharted

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    What? Noooo you're supposed to say 'i hope you hate the game'
    well i guess i have to admit until now i love it lol
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

TR Rules

why u have to compare a masterpiece like uncharted to a failure like CD's games?
    really get a grip
    Denis: There is something I don't entirely trust about this guy..
    John: Just because he just killed a girl in front of us..?

Quote Originally Posted by Denis.. View Post
    why u have to compare a masterpiece like uncharted to a failure like CD's games?
    really get a grip
    Uncharted plays like a movie. There's very little actual gameplay. I refuse to pay £40 for a movie. It's ridiculous.

^ There's very little actual story too.

I don't own the games but having sat and watched all three of them start to finish, (excluding the endings) I got bored of sitting through gun fight after gun fight after gun fight. Yes the temples and tombs look nice, but if you really have to turn every room into a shooting range to keep people interested, you shouldn't be making games.
    signature image

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by TranceTrouble View Post
    oeh that is cool have fun playing uncharted
    Good choice although I would suggest playing them in order otherwise the ending might be a little off when it come to the character arcing storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by chip5541 View Post
    Good choice although I would suggest playing them in order otherwise the ending might be a little off when it come to the character arcing storyline.
    It was a bundle. So ps3 came together with the game and atm i dont have enough money to buy the other games
    http://hiropon056.deviantart.com/ Do it like a Dudette! signature image

iv startd playing unchartd but never finish, always finish tomb raider games, love them

I'm a huge Uncharted fan and I've gotta say, this game isn't looking like Uncharted, the setting maybe a tiny bit like the original Uncharted's, the gameplay looks very different and I don't see where this comparison is from.
    Tomb Raider 2013 will make
    signature image

Guys take a looks at this Article : A Second Opinion on Tomb Raider's New Direction

it's actually strange that people are still talkin bout this :/ and a little silly , cuz tomb raider is not yet released but they say it's an uncharted copy
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwoodsoftime View Post
    Guys take a looks at this Article : A Second Opinion on Tomb Raider's New Direction

it's actually strange that people are still talkin bout this :/ and a little silly , cuz tomb raider is not yet released but they say it's an uncharted copy
    I just think it's ridiculous for both of them to say TR is copying Uncharted with their only based argument being cinematics. TR was already moving to the more cinematic feel with Underworld and Lara already interacted with the environment with Underworld too. Uncharted, however, basically copied and pasted the climbing interface right from TR.

The article just went over the same thing the whole way through. Nevertheless, adding it to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    Uncharted, however, basically copied and pasted the climbing interface right from TR.
    I honestly don't agree with this! There's only so much you can do with climbing. TR's climbing isn't this super original mechanic to say it was copied! I mean the new climbing that was introduced in Legend had moves that were very similar to those of other games! Tomb Raider didn't invent climbing!

I won't deny that there are similarities between Uncharted and Tomb Raider but the differences are what sets them apart! To say Uncharted copied TR is just not true! Was it inspired by it? Probably, but I would argue that TR was not the only source of inspiration. And the same can be said about this new TR! It's not copying Uncharted but CD is aware of Uncharted's success and took inspiration in some of the things ND did. That's how things work! Healthy competition is important as it keeps raising the bar!

To me this whole this copied that and this is better than that is really getting very old! -_-
    signature image

Here's an interesting read!

I think they missed the point, the demo was later on in the game...
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I honestly don't agree with this! There's only so much you can do with climbing. TR's climbing isn't this super original mechanic to say it was copied! I mean the new climbing that was introduced in Legend had moves that were very similar to those of other games! Tomb Raider didn't invent climbing!

I won't deny that there are similarities between Uncharted and Tomb Raider but the differences are what sets them apart! To say Uncharted copied TR is just not true! Was it inspired by it? Probably, but I would argue that TR was not the only source of inspiration. And the same can be said about this new TR! It's not copying Uncharted but CD is aware of Uncharted's success and took inspiration in some of the things ND did. That's how things work! Healthy competition is important as it keeps raising the bar!

To me this whole this copied that and this is better than that is really getting very old! -_-
    Believe me, I think it's getting old too but if I see plain idiocy in the article just posted then I have to revoice my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    Here's an interesting read!

I think they missed the point, the demo was later on in the game...
    Tiny bit late d1n0. Get with the times!

^ Oh yeah, darkwoods beat me to it
    signature image

I also think this Uncharted vs Tomb raider is Such and OLD discussion ! why those two staffs on IGN decided to post an article bout it today ?! now that's weird it's Like they were pissed bout TR winning all those Awards at E3 , and they just wanted to post something
    Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel
    And the same can be said about this new TR! It's not copying Uncharted but CD is aware of Uncharted's success and took inspiration in some of the things ND did. That's how things work! Healthy competition is important as it keeps raising the bar!
    totally this

Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    ^ Oh yeah, darkwoods beat me to it
    hah
    plz do call me "Daniel" when u guys say darkwood i feel really weird xD i know i know , the username is Lame
    signature image

^ I think it's pretty cool But anyways, nice to meet you, Daniel Can I call you Dan? Can I? Can I?

Edit: I see what you did there, you changed my username to my name in the quote
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by DarkwoodsofDaniel View Post
    I also think this Uncharted vs Tomb raider is Such and OLD discussion !
    Compared to TR, UC is the new kid on the block, so the discussion can't be THAT old

Quote Originally Posted by DarkwoodsofDaniel View Post
    hah
    plz do call me "Daniel" when u guys say darkwood i feel really weird xD i know i know , the username is Lame
    I've seen you posting this so many times now, lol. Don't you just finally want to change your username and get it over with?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by >>>> Draɪbər <<<< View Post

I've seen you posting this so many times now, lol. Don't you just finally want to change your username and get it over with?
    i didn't know i could thx ! i'll pm you Later bout it
    signature image

Lara Croft vs Nathan Drake Live Action Battle!

Why can’t Lara and Nathan just get along?!? Really cool video regardless! Love the stunts.

oh my god... a nightmare that come true

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Lara Croft vs Nathan Drake Live Action Battle!

Why can’t Lara and Nathan just get along?!? Really cool video regardless! Love the stunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    oh my god... a nightmare that come true
    That's a dream come true for me! Lara kicking Drake's arse once and for all. The video actually was quite good. I was expecting cheesy one-liners and bad CGI effects but it wasn't bad at all.

Who won?

Added the video, so now you can see

Yay Lara Croft win by 59% vote.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast