Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News: possibly new LOK in the making...

Exclamation News: possibly new LOK in the making...

A developer from Silicon Knights said in a interview by Kotaku:

"The company is currently refocusing and returning to its roots, working on one of its most requested titles for the next generation," the spokesperson said.
    Could this mean...????

http://kotaku.com/5855314/silicon-kn...ext-generation
    "But I am dead. . . as are you!" - Kain

YEAH BOI!!
    ^_____________________^
    it had better be what i HOPE it is!!!
    (i mean i do wanna enjoy the end to lok before i die.)
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

I hope so too, but doesn't Square Enix own the rights to Kain? Silicon Knights hasn't worked on a LoK title since Blood Omen... I hope they don't reboot it and make what would have been their sequel to BO. It would be interesting to see the series return full circle with the final game completed by the company that started it. But, I'd rather they finish the story properly as do we all.

I don't see how since Eidos or Square Enix or whatever owns it. Then again, Silicon Knights worked on Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, and that was a Konami game, so who knows (and by the way, even though I make it no secret I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, I really didn't care for Twin Snakes).

So Eternal Darkness is getting a sequel.
    Given Denis Dyack's attitude towards LoK after CD took over, the fact that SK parted ways with CD after a legal battle for the game rights and that the rights are most probably still with Square Enix at this point, I don't see any chances for this to be a new LoK.
    If however for some completely unexplainable reasons SK got the rights back you can expect a following scenario: "Soul Reaver 1, Soul Reaver 2, Blood Omen 2 and Defiance never happened. These games were all huge mistakes that ruined our original vision".

I would love to see another LOK game being made.....the current story needs to be resolved in full!

Quote Originally Posted by unspoken View Post
    Could this mean
    No, it couldn't. Of all the LoK revival speculation I've heard, this the unlikeliest scenario of all. Kotaku actually don't mention LoK as being one of the expected titles, but some gaming websites reporting on this story have done so, and I'm surprised that they as journalists didn't do the two minutes of research needed to remind them of the concept of IP law and the acrimonious legal battle Eidos fought to obtain this franchise.

Even if the series were about to be revived and even if he did want it back, Denis Dyack would probably have to beg and kiss the feet of Square Enix for SK in distant Canada to even be considered as prospective developers for LoK 6, and that's something I don't see him ever doing based on his NeoGAF incarnation.

And even if all that were to happen just as I describe, there would still be no good reason to expect any continuity or closure, because Denis has been very clear in stating that he finds all of the content Amy Hennig and CD added to the series "completely diluted and dysfunctional".

Agreed with all. It's something else, but that's good, too. I would love a sequel to Eternal Darkness However, given how long it takes Silicon Knights to make a single game, lol, I don't think, no matter what it were to be, any of us have much of a reason to get excited yet, or for the next ... 5-10 years

Lightbulb It's probably Eternal Darkness...

Eternal Darkness is totally overrated, IMO.

Much obliged for triggering that game in my memory. Off to mention it in another thread....
    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one;
    'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."
    ~ Voltaire

I'm sorry to hear that

Yeah! I sure hope it's another Eternal Darkness! That game rules!

I liked that game too!

I wished i had gotten it when i had the chance back then.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

One of the biggest concerns I have is who would be voicing the Elder God should a sequel be made? Tony Jay is no longer with us (may he RIP), so I am not sure who can fill his shoes. He did an excellent job with that role and now it's hard to imagine anyone else voicing the EG as well as he could, so does anyone have any good idea who would be a suitable replacement for Tony Jay as the voice of EG?

Nowadays can't you just autotune the voice of Jason Priestley to match Tony's? Or perhaps Ian Zeiring had more of an evil definition to his voice. As long as it's someone from the cast of the original 90210.

Quote Originally Posted by KainFanatic192 View Post
    One of the biggest concerns I have is who would be voicing the Elder God should a sequel be made? Tony Jay is no longer with us (may he RIP), so I am not sure who can fill his shoes. He did an excellent job with that role and now it's hard to imagine anyone else voicing the EG as well as he could, so does anyone have any good idea who would be a suitable replacement for Tony Jay as the voice of EG?
    Take a look here.

^Interesting thread!

I hope so I mean I could help you guys.I have connections to the game industry so I could see whats going to happen but I'm not sure if I will give out all information. I herd there trying to surprise us by making us think they are not making a new game better be true. I could also find out who would be playing the elder god.

It really isn't much but I found this too:
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/s...me-coming-5797

I haven't logged into these forums in a very long time only because I've been extremely busy like 24-7 trying to finish a graphic novel & getting it published. (along with other art projects). I probably log into facebook like once every two months.

But let it be known that I am ALWAYS waiting for a LOK sequel/reboot/HD release. If they make one I will probably pre-order it as soon as I can. I own all the LOK games & re-downloaded SR1 & BO1 from PSN so I could play on my PSP. I'd buy them on the PC if they weren't hundreds of dollars. (unless I had a well-paying job, then I would XD) Or if they were on steam. I'd probably pre-order it even if it got terrible reviews and didn't look as good...that is, unless it was like those Zelda CD-i8 games or anything.

Just wanted to let the world know, still a devoted fan here! If there is a new LOK game in development, I just hope they take as long as they need & do it right; to keep the story and quality as rich and fulfilling as it has been throughout the series. I don't mind waiting. Hell, they can take another decade if they want! But I'll always be here, ready for more blood-drinking soul-reaving adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlion88 View Post
    It really isn't much but I found this too:
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/s...me-coming-5797
    Already discussed .

I Argue thaT Silicon Knights would be the BEST choice to do a remake, Also i Doubt they would "innitially" want to do a defiance 2.
    reasons for a remake:

1. they are in a deep heep of doodoo right now & a "successful" remake of this would put them back on the "wanted" map of who's who.

2. they made the original & who else would be better then them in making a remake.There wouldn't be any new plots or twists so i don't see issues other then "possible" past grudges stopping them.

3. the dev time frame shouldn't be all too long since voices & layouts are already done.Getting an engine that's ready to work with ASAP also shouldn't be difficult Unless Silicon Knights to start from scratch which i doubt is in their best interest.

4. ppl like myself believe that this could be a WIN WIN healing situation for all involved if "passion" for the game prevails over politics.This all pieces together VERY well @ a time where BOTH Silicon Knights & Eidos are experiencing hard ships.

5. I bet Deep DOWN inside Denis Dyack probably would enjoy to do a remake of BO1 since it's the best game made by them i have played & was advanced before it's time.

p.s. i Really believe if they work together this could be the start of a wonderful friendship.
    i am also sure Silicon Knights would want more rights to the "blood omen" IP & i totally agree they should get it.

As a fan I have no real desire to see Silicon Knights get their hands on LoK. The series carried on without them for a long time and established a great story, I have no wish to see that possibly erased.

Besides from what I hear of SK they aren't half the talent they used to be. Keep it with CD I say.

It's very unlikely that Silicon Knights would be making a new LOK game. Eidos are the only ones with the legal rights to the series.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

True, but even hypothetically I have no wish to see them take it back.

Silicon Knights should seriously focus on something else than LoK. Now anyway, I think we should all just keep thinking of this as one of the many stupid rumours that have come out since Defiance was released, until we get some more proof, that is.

Personally as I said earlier, I'm just hoping they won't make any reboot, as that would lower the chances of us getting a proper sequel to Defiance extremely much. And it means we will probably just play the same story of Soul Reaver but with some variations to it that we won't care about at all.

Would love to see LoK game\s showing either Raziel and\or Kain's story between Blood Omen and Soul Reaver. I always wanted to see Raziel's progression from Man>Vampire>growing angel's wings.
    Loved Blood Omen. Was the coolest idea I'd ever seen for game story at the time of release, before vampires became a little too gay and were still for the devil worshipper heavy metal kids. Soul Reaver 1 & 2 were also my favorite games for a long time.
    Even a remake of Blood Omen similar to the Blood Omnicide would be nice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast