Thread: Moon Base Omega!?

Moon Base Omega!?

Moon Base Omega!?

Ok with out getting too "spoiler-y"

there is a map in the lab with one of the "primary characters" that references a Moon Base, the same Moon base referenced in the Main game when you go through the Picus News building.

I have a feeling that is going to be a DLC, maybe not the next per se, but something, because they have referenced it twice now. The problem is where are they going to put it, they can't whisk Jensen away to the moon for some fun because i don't think there really is a place to put it, except after the ending, but i don't know if Eidos will do that because of the whole "choose your own ending" which is such a part of Deus Ex, locking into a particular ending was the mistake of DX2 (along with alot of other reasons.)

So community, what is with this moon base, you think that's the reason we haven't been back to the moon, because of the secret moon base up there?

Discuss...

Yeah I saw that too. Where do you find the data disc that goes in the slot?

I'd prefer it to remain back-story. It felt more intriguing that way in the first game.

"Hey Jensen! Where you goin'?! The MOON?! HAHAH!"

Speaking of which, I watched a film called 'Moon' the other day. I'd recommend it to everyone it's top notch.
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by Khezef
    Yeah I saw that too. Where do you find the data disc that goes in the slot?
    its on a table next to the level 5 terminal in the same room, next to the "Hydra" hatch thing, if you played the end of the main game you know what I mean.

I joked about Adam going to the moon to fight the decepticons once, but I'd rather have at least one new/un-cut hub in the main game than another disjointed episode, as much as I enjoyed Missing Link.

next DLCs, Australia e Moon. XD

I suppose we'll see the Ayers Rock base which was also featured as a holo next and who knows, this moonbase might be the final DLC.

But as was pointed out before, there are no more convenient gaps in the story line to be filled. So EM would have to pick a canon ending for us in which Adam survives.

The one where they blame it on the tainted NZ seems like the best and most responsible one.

Also,

In the original Deus Ex there was plans for a level to take place on the moon. Maybe just a reference to that?

Originally Posted by FoggertyActual
    In the original Deus Ex there was plans for a level to take place on the moon. Maybe just a reference to that?
    That and possibly an oblique easter egg nod to the 1970's series, Space: 1999. In the series, it was called Moonbase Alpha.
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

I thought that the "high quality 3D render of Moon Base Omega" was just a homage to old Moon landing hoax conspiracy theories. Many of the places you visit during the campaign are modeled after popular conspiracies, or are just modeled after modern-day issues.

-Pharmacy companies and clinics conspiring to keep or make people sick in some way, so that they could sell medicine or control the population
    -Secret FEMA concentration camps
    -Global news network has a secret basement where there is the division specialized for information manipulation and falsification for political gains of third parties. The Moonbase hoax was just a part of that conspiracy snippet. It's just that the people "staging Bin Landen's confession videos with old cameras and makeup", has been changed to fit the future times, to "high-quality holographic 3d rendering technology controlled by a media-manipulation supercomputer".

It's just funny that in our modern world, the propaganda news outlets aren't even trying to be secretive about the "fake 'n' biased Faux news" they spew. I guess for some reason they don't feel like they have to. Maybe Canadians are overestimating the intelligence of the population that are the audience of Picus. (I'm talking about both the people working for Picus in DXHR, and Eidos Montréal who made the game)

I prefer this moon base to be in the next Deus Ex game rather than some dlc cash in.

I just hope the DLC name contains the exclamation point and question mark.

I'm also curious about how any future planned DLC is going to fit. The main quest's timeline is pretty tight, so I just can't see any more main quest-line missions fitting in (other than the Missing Link).
    Although I wouldn't say no to a visit to the moon base, I really can't think of many practical reasons for going there story-wise. Australia on the other hand, if they got good voice actors, would be great!

Post end-game content could be tricky too: I think they would have to make it a pretty sizable add on, as well as pick a canon ending (or most likely just somehow contrive it that all the endings turn out the same).

I'd prefer a moon base not to be in a Deus Ex game at all - there's major Austin Powers potential in that idea. It terrifies me. Please no.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Oh, go cry in the corner then, silly-nilly.

...And since the moonbase is part of the conspiracy stuff, having a game that is set there would destroy the mystique. You would no longer be uncertain about whether the whole moonbase project is a hoax created by Picus to get the project funding funneled to the pockets of private investors. It would be true, and the hoax staging hologram room in Picus would make no sense.

I thought it was just a nod to the original game and the moon level that was supposed to be included but got cut (which if I remember right was essentially going to be what area 51 one was, so it'd make sense that this early hologram for it would exist in a facility that has connections to bob page). i definitely got a good laugh from it when i was checking the other holograms and then that one popped up.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity

-Pharmacy companies and clinics conspiring to keep or make people sick in some way, so that they could sell medicine or control the population
    -Secret FEMA concentration camps
    -Global news network has a secret basement where there is the division specialized for information manipulation and falsification for political gains of third parties.
    The thing is a lot of these 'conspiracy' theories are based on some truth.

To your fist point about BIG PHARMA. I found this an interesting read with several red flags

http://www.prisonplanet.com/german-c...gredients.html

Your second point about media manipulation I found this an interesting watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIw7FEg85E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqRlG...eature=related

I am not trying to pick on or single out Fox. I think all media aside from RT and the newer Arabic network lack any credibility as you pointed out.

With regards to the FEMA camps, something is going on there is no doubt about it.

Youtube ATL International Airport coffins and look at all the videos that pop up. There is even speculation that there are some in Colorado, Pinon Canyon to be exact and DIA. Just humor me and do some research as this is a very hot topic.

Cheers!
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -Albert Einstein

Haha. Prisonplanet right. You do know that Lazarus is a parody of the ramblings of Alex Jones? The man who needs to constantly remind his listeners to "check his sources" so that less people actually do and more people trust him? Jones and his buddies in Prisonplanet are the kings of confirmation bias. They make money by bringing excitement into the lives of bored stupid people who think that the world is too good to be true.

Very few conspiracy nuts have actually seen (or even wanted to see) the video from the other side of WTC7. You know, the side of the building that was entirely on fire from top to bottom? They see the side of the building where you can barely see some flames in a few windows, and then the building comes down. Prisonplanet are the kind of people who deliberately show you only the video of the undamaged side of the building and the collapse. Talk about media manipulation. These guys are trying hard to be the best at it. The difference between them and for example Fox is that Fox actually has a better profit agenda behind their systematic spread of misinformation, and Fox isn't even trying to hide their deception.

Fox has been known to be the main supplier of misinformation for the US forever. What they say is actually demonstrably misleading, there's no doubt about their actions. There was a scene in DXHR that reminded me of Fox. In LIMB there's at some point a biased reporter interviewing a customer, and trying to blatantly manipulate the person to saying what her station wants to convey as the people's general opinion on the subject.

Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity
    Haha. Prisonplanet right. You do know that Lazarus is a parody of the ramblings of Alex Jones? The man who needs to constantly remind his listeners to "check his sources" so that less people actually do and more people trust him? Jones and his buddies in Prisonplanet are the kings of confirmation bias. They make money by bringing excitement into the lives of bored stupid people who think that the world is too good to be true.

Very few conspiracy nuts have actually seen (or even wanted to see) the video from the other side of WTC7. You know, the side of the building that was entirely on fire from top to bottom? They see the side of the building where you can barely see some flames in a few windows, and then the building comes down. Prisonplanet are the kind of people who deliberately show you only the video of the undamaged side of the building and the collapse. Talk about media manipulation. These guys are trying hard to be the best at it. The difference between them and for example Fox is that Fox actually has a better profit agenda behind their systematic spread of misinformation, and Fox isn't even trying to hide their deception.

Fox has been known to be the main supplier of misinformation for the US forever. What they say is actually demonstrably misleading, there's no doubt about their actions. There was a scene in DXHR that reminded me of Fox. In LIMB there's at some point a biased reporter interviewing a customer, and trying to blatantly manipulate the person to saying what her station wants to convey as the people's general opinion on the subject.

I appreciate your dismissive reply. FYI, I started a thread regarding Lazarus and Jones and the parody so yes I am aware: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=122497. However, I like how you only pick at prison planet but not the rest of my post. Not only FOX, but you can put CNN, MSNBC, and BBC in the same mix. They all specialize in disinformation tactics. Watch the breakdown of the NLP. It's the same as what Eliza does. The FEMA scheme I credit Jones for blowing the lid off of that. A lot of people do not like Jones, and I even suspect he is part of the mockingbird program started by the CIA. However,despite my suspicions, I view Jones as the epitome of the active citizen and this video is the reason why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-job9wwKPM . I appreciate what he does as he sheds light on a lot of controversial government actions and I will even take it one step further and say by doing so he impedes the progress of the elite and their 'World Order' to play into the Lazarus parody. There is a plan and lines are being drawn in the sand. George Soros, Brzezinski, and all people like them will only be stopped when the people on the fence are forced to pick sides. There is a quiet war being waged against the middle class in America and it is going to result in something catastrophic event the likes of which will impact everyone and change the course of history. I have been doing extensive economic research and even my professor agrees from our past discussions, I may be onto something. Holler back and please give me some examples.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -Albert Einstein

Oh you

Palpatine is behind it all!

Originally Posted by Zoet
    Post end-game content could be tricky too: I think they would have to make it a pretty sizable add on, as well as pick a canon ending (or most likely just somehow contrive it that all the endings turn out the same).
    Not really, they could do it right after the main storyline and have news reports/conversations/NPC discussions about the different endings (Except the self-destruct one), because the changes won't be imminent.
    Richard Doyle: "Well Done, faithful servant. And now, I have an execution to see to."
    Michael Bell: "(giving the middle finger) (in Raziel's voice) Faithful servant THIS. Spin on this Moebius."

In the lab, on Tiffany Kavanagh's computer, there is an e-mail from Bob Page saying "monitoring Omega requires extreme amounts of computational power."

He says Omega, not Panchaea. I don't think we've seen the last of the Hyron Project.