Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blood Omen 1 on W 7

I do have a FAT32 drive on my computer, though I think I'll try out this here, thank you Wrace =D

I tried installing it from my fat32 drive, still had the same error where after the cut scene, it doesn't fade out correctly and it comes to the tavern where you see only part of it, and if you try to minimize the whole game is frozen until you minimize again. Tried to run it on my USB as well, same thing :/ I dunno what to do anymore.

hm, at first I thought that it is again the problem with frozen after barmen-speeking, but now I read carefully your post and it seems that here there is another problem.
    hm, are there any screens with errors on background (when you minimize the game)? And one more: can you make "Print Screen" and upload image? I want to view what happens.
    Also it is interesting the version of Windows-7 you have (x32 or x64), type of processor (and number of cores) and name of Video-Card (since some strange happens now - some time later all work fine but now appear some new glitches on Win-7 - may be the newest hardware and/or drivers, may be the newest updates by Microsoft, may be something else).

And one more thing: try to install and run the game by the Ber's instructions, but without applying the bink-support, - something will be changed?

P.S.: also upload kain.exe from the folder with installed game and give link on it - I want to compare this version with original ones that I have (may be it corrupted again).
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2yhnmd Here's my .exe and the picture: http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/2...menproblem.png Now I installed it and followed Ber's steps without using the bink support. All I had to do was end explorer.exe to stop the weird colors in the scenes, so the picture is now clear, but the problem is it's stuck in that image until I minimize it, and when I re-open it, it's stuck to the image still, so I dunno why it stays stuck until I minimize it. If you want, here's my PC specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 4030MB RAM

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    Display Memory: 1696 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
    Shared Memory: 1632 MB

hm, I'm sorry but I think that I can't help you now, - to determine the origin of this problem and remove it, it is needed to have your configuration of PC (or Win-7 x64 as minimum) but I have WinXP SP3 x32 and do not planner to change it on Win-7.

The last advice I can give - try to load any save from these ones. (hm, advices like playing under Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 with installed Win98 are too evident.)

P.S.: hm, one guy (you do not listen of him, so I don't give your nick-name) find the solution of the last problem (with the Error Screen when using FAT-partition allows to avoid the problem) - the problem is in DEP (Data Execution Prevention). Disabling DEP (or setting exclusions for BO1) solve this problem. So, you can try to solve the problem with screen-freezing by the same way.

Made an exception on KAIN for DEP, still has the same problem sadly :/ Dunno if it'll work with my version of Windows.

Saves also do not help? One more idea (one our fan also have Win-7 x64 with the same problem): may be the problem you have is just known old problem as described here?

cutscene problem

I have win7 32bit and even though my BO is working but the cutscenes are all weird colours :/ I have installed the bink support with ps1 cutscene swap out, though initial logos show correctly now, the game crashes all the time after the crystal dynamics logo...

hm, the game crashes with an error-screen or without? (hm, may be DEP again since I tested bink-support by myself on Win-7 x32 and it worked without any errors (usual configuration of PC - intel pentium dual core, more than 2 Ghz and 2 Gb, the newest nVidia video-card with more than 256 Mb Vram); also for some fans BO1 worked with bink-support without any errors and on Win-7 x64 too; and for some fans setting Compatibility Mode with Win'98 for kain.exe on Win-7 lead to crashing the game.) And one more: if you rename all logos in the folder KAIN (just to skip all of them) and unset Compatibility Mode for kain.exe (if it set, of course), the game also crashes (with bink-support)?

P.S.: it is interesting that under WinXP all is fine.

I checked the old thread and also used the idea you had with taking out the compability of the .exe, and even with bink-support and DEP disabled on it, it now gives an error when the bartender scene comes on. The patch to avoid CPU grabber also doesn't work on the .exe, if you wanted me to get that.

The error-screen - is very good, since now we can determine the crash-offset (what address is figured in the error screen?) and rewrite it. But if the error like this one:

it means that DEP (in the case it disabled now) already corrupted kain.exe.

The patch to avoid CPU grabber (the pre-latest version) is the same one as Cuban Raul's installer has. Also on the Lost Worlds lies one more older patch (Raistlin633's patch) which allows to run BO1 (under some configurations of PC under Win-7) and for which it is needed to use CPU-Grabber to avoid freezing after Barmen's speeking in the Tavern.

wrace: I get no error, just message "kain.exe stopped working" right after SK logo. it does not display the loading image and menu at all. I might try to install the other bink support though.. The other strange thing is that everytime I try to copy PILL.BIG, it freezes the whole windows :/

The other strange thing is that everytime I try to copy PILL.BIG, it freezes the whole windows :/
    hm, strange. May be there are some antivirus software (which check this file)?
    I get no error, just message "kain.exe stopped working" right after SK logo. it does not display the loading image and menu at all. I might try to install the other bink support though..
    hm, may be it is consequence of one additional fix in the kain.exe of the first version of bink-support. Try this kain.exe from the second version of bink-support.

Okay, I will try to disable antivirus while copying. EDIT: it helped! copied in an instant, thanks a lot.

I have tried that exe you posted but now it doesnt even show any logo at the beginning and stops working instantly...

I also tried that WAwin7 color fix - it freezes the explorer and the game does not even start.. edit: it corrupted my working original bo copy so had to reinstall.

EDIT: IT WORKED!! I have installed the bink support (with ps cutscenes) on a new copy of Blood Omen and both the cutscenes and the game works without any problems! Thanks to you who made the patch, excellent work! Now only wait for the amazing Blood Omnicide

I am glad to hear that the game works without glitches now (I think that anti-virus software just "cured" pill.big).

Also I heard that you with Jake created the greatest resource lostchronicle.com, - my congratulations! (And with 15-years of LOK all of us. )

(Also I removed above link on the program WAwin7 for color fix since it did not work correctly - thanks for testing and sorry for this glitches program.)

About Blood Omnicide: I also waiting for the moment when we can play in the full (or new demo) version of this remake of BO1. I talk with Vortex (the cheaf of Blood Omnicide) some time ago and he said that on the New Year may be some surprises from their team (not one like in the past time). Also now any fan can vote for this project here ("mod of the year 2011").

Thanks a lot! Well, in the end, it was a good thing I reinstalled BO1, now the game works with bink support and without problems

Glad that you like our site, we will put more info there soon

Cool, I hope they will show some video or new screenshots, BO in 3D is totally awesome, I love the real-time lighting. I voted for them too, I hope they will win in MOTY.

Re

Hey there.
    Please excuse me, but I need help, too.
    I´ll try my best to explain, but my english is not the best.
    I don´t really know how to start. My OS is windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
    I tried many things now, although I don´t know much about Computers.
    At first I tried to install the game using the autostart. I runned it in compatibility mode W98 because otherwise the programm could not realize that i have enough space on my PC. When the installation is finshed an error appears which says: "can not create program shortcut" (thats not exactly what it says, i have the german CD version). By starting the data from the installed directory, the screnn gets black and than the game crashes back to desktop. Same thing if i install it on an USB.
    When I try installing it by that Cuban Raul thingy, it says after the installation:
    "The Blood Omen: legacy of Kain installation CD could not be found on any of your Drives!Please insert the CD and restart the installation process."
    But of course the Cd is inserted.
    When i choose : "game is already installed" at the cuban raul, the patch is installed and by executing the legacy of kain shortcut it creates i get into game menu, which is in english and not german, although I use the german CD, but ok. i can go to options and click everything, just the world map is buggy, i have to choose it with arrow keys and enter. by clicking preview or start game in main menu the game crashes back to desktop.
    I hope i could explain my problem and any of can help me.

Some ways:
    1) try to install bink-support (link in my signature);
    2) disable DEP on kain.exe.

About errors-screens:
    1) "can not create program shortcut" - it is usual bag of original installer;
    2) "The Blood Omen: legacy of Kain installation CD could not be found on any of your Drives!Please insert the CD and restart the installation process." - hm, may be some files there are no on the installation CD.
    3) game crashes (after the main menu) without any error-screens?

German vs English: hm, if the ways above is helped for you, then I can apply the appropriate patches on your version of kain.exe (if you give me it).

So I don´t really know what to do now. Every way i tried to install the game, it seemed to be corrupted somehow. Sorry for annoying, but could you write the best known way to install the game again?

EDIT: Is it possible, that Cuban Rauls patch does not work with the german version? Because it always says that it could not find the CD. Maybe the program checks for an data that is different in the german version. Is it possible that one of you guys could send me the datas from the english CD? Would this work?

The better way - you will upload german version of kain.exe on some host and give link on it here, since sending data from the english CD (pill.big) is illegal.
    And it is strange that your version does not have movies.

So now I installed the game by Cuban Raul from the CD. After finishing it says that my CD could not be found. By clicking ignore (cancel will undo installation) the game is installed and i can enter main menu as described. Now i go to C:\KAIN where I installed it, take the kain.exe and send it to you?
    And what do you mean, I have no movies?

EDIT: Oh, and the link for the bink converter is a dead one and i can not find it anywhere else.
    Also, maybe it would help, if you would tell me, which datas are in your KAIN- folder, because it seems as if i have not very
    much datas in it.

EDIT 2: I hope i did it the right way : http://www.speedyshare.com/file/verVr/KAIN.EXE

Now i go to C:\KAIN where I installed it, take the kain.exe and send it to you?
    It is evident that the version of kain.exe from CubanRaul's installer I can download from his own site, - is'nt it?
    I need the german version of kain.exe from your cd, - only in such way I can apply patches to it. CubanRaul's version is already patched and it is evident.
    By steps:
    1. install the game WITHOUT using CubanRaul's installer.
    2. go to the game folder, take and upload kain.exe from it.
    3. wait for my conclusion.

Oh, and the link for the bink converter is a dead one and i can not find it anywhere else.
    On our site there are 3 links on the 3 different versions of bink-support. All of them are dead? If so, then you have problems with your browser or proxy-server, - in this case I can't help you.

KAIN-folder (subfolder of the folder with installed game) has such data:
    ACT1.bik
    ACT2.bik
    ACT4.bik
    ACT7.bik
    ACT8.bik
    ACT10.bik
    ACT11.bik
    ACT12.bik
    ACT13.bik
    ACT14A.bik
    ACT14B.bik
    ACT15A.bik
    ACT15B.bik
    ACT16.bik
    ACT17.bik
    ACT18.bik
    AVERFIN.bik
    EDENFIN.bik
    ENTITY.VAG
    MALFIN.bik
    NUPFIN.bik
    ORACFIN.bik
    PILL.BIG
    PILLFIN.bik
    TIMEA.bik
    TIMEB.bik
    VORFIN.bik
    WILLFIN.bik
    *.bik-files (or the appropriate paires of the *.jam + *.vag-files if the bink-support is not installed) - are the movies (+ there are 3 additional logo-files which I removed from my folder). If your version of the game does not have (in the game-folder and/or on cd) the appropriate files (with the names like *.bik-files), so you have rip-version of the game which was be hacked.

Ha, it's me again

I have two videos for you wrace (regarding the walking speed):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YE3mWVDTYg&t=6m14s
    from the PC version I assume, where the walking speed is kind of... close to mine, meaning slow, but quite a bit slower (imo) than my version.

And yet this PSOne version is even faster:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_11r1yE3FI&t=7m0s

So, could I assume that they are both the PS1 versions and I'm just seeing speed differences that just -aren't there- or...?

Oh, and also I've got a problem with the colors:
    http://www.imagebanana.com/view/ezzddnwu/kainscreen.jpg
    The 'black' is very ugly- having green in it and just generally looking quite .

About walking speeds: hm, the PC-version is already have one speed on all PC's (which is slower than in PS-version) and the fast speed by using of the my trainer (I look youtube-movies and I think that the boost-feature make speed faster than on PS).

About colors: may be it is a Win-7 feature? I don't remember that on WinXP was such ugly colors.

So here is the real one: http://speedy.sh/YwJbR/KAIN.EXE
    Merry Christmas, btw.
    Oh and thanks for all your help.

Merry Christmas.
    hm, kain.exe in your version is 1 to 1 as original kain.exe from the english version. Are you sure that you have localized version of the game (and that something should change - the game menu, for example)?
    And the question that I asked some time before: the game crashes (after main-menu) with some error-screen or without it? (If with the error-screen, so you need to disable DEP on kain.exe; if without - disable any anti-virus software, reinstall the game, apply patch and try to run the game).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast