Thread: Tombcast Episode 1!

Big Grin Tombcast Episode 1!

It's here!
    tune in

Tombcast is a podcast radio show that features segments and fiction written and narrated by fellow Tomb Raider fans.

Our first episode features...

A Lesson of Value
    by MrBear
    narrated by Zebra
    Lara heads to Dhaka in search of a tower or riches, which is surrounded by a mysterious disease and disappearances.

A Famous Explorer Once Said...
    narrated by Greenkey2
    You think Lara's had a bad day when she falls into a spike pit? Check out the dangerous journeys of real-life explorer Isabella Bird.

License to Thrill by Catracoth
    narrated by Quasimodo
    featuring the voice talents of iamlaracroft, Ostercy, and Phlip
    Just because Lara manages to make it out of the tomb alive, it doesn't mean she's safe...

Episode 2 Special Preview: Ask Lara!

Want to audition for episode 2? See [...] for details

Hi Heather,

This sounds like fun!

I think I recognized a few voices from custom levels I've played (and built)

Hurray for good quality modern mics, huh? haha

By the way, if you'd like share details on how to audition, it'll be better to just post it here

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

It really sounds awesome. I soooooooooo wish there were TR audio books, this is such a great example of what could be done! I'll try to audition for the next one, although I'm really not sure that I can work on the accent isssue... but maybe

(On a side-note, and that's just my opinion, but there's a volume balance issue between the music - which is way too loud - and the lines)
    Adventure found me...

Quote Originally Posted by Clara View Post
    (On a side-note, and that's just my opinion, but there's a volume balance issue between the music - which is way too loud - and the lines)
    You weren't the only one who noticed that

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Thanks for pointing that out - I'll have it sorted for episode 2. Speaking of episode 2...

Listen to Episode 1 of Tombcast

Audition for

Episode 2!

Do you like writing, voice acting, or mixing and creating music? We'd love to have you audition for episode 2 of Tombcast, a fan made podcast inspired by all things Tomb Raider! We plan to release Episode 2 on Nov. 21st. Tombcast features TR fan fiction and short segments written, narrated, and musically scored by talented TR fans.

Rules and Deadlines:
    • Submit all auditions by PM to Quasimodo
    • If you are submitting an audio audition, convert the file to .WAV
    • The deadline to PM auditions to Quasimodo is Monday, October 31st.
    • If you are accepted as a voice actor or narrator, you must PM your final recordings to Quasimodo no later than Monday, Nov. 14th.
    • Taking part in the podcast is a time commitment, so consider carefully before auditioning, especially if you'd like to do voice acting or narration.

Writers:
    We're looking for
    • Halloween and horror-themed Tomb Raider fan fiction (no more than 10-15minutes long when read aloud)
    • Fun new segment ideas about 2-5minutes long, either Tomb Raider, adventure, or survival themed. For example, a segment from our upcoming episode 1 is A Famous Explorer Once Said, where one of Lara's real life counterparts is featured.

Voice Actors and Narrators:
    We're looking for
    • Actors and narrators of any gender, age, and origin. This time we are mainly looking for people to narrate short stories and segments. Your final recording will be edited to fill a 2-15minute slot, but you will be sending me more than one take so I can choose the best one.
    • For your audition piece, PM me an audio recording of you reading a 1-2 minute monologue or short story.

Music Mixers and Creators:
    We're looking for
    • Original music or remixes with a TR feel. Your music would be used for transitions between segments or as background music.

★ ★ ★ Tombcast supports TRF's writers! ★ ★ ★
    First-place winners of the Tomb Raider Fan Fiction Competition on tombraiderforums.com will be given the opportunity to have their entry narrated in an upcoming episode of Tombcast. Get writing, or support your favorite TRF authors by taking part in TRFFC voting