Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: CRASH Info Thread

CRASH Info Thread

It's not an issue with my PC for sure, before the patch, hell even in middle of mantinece i could launch the game itself see the new remapped menu but it sent me back to desktop saying it's mantience and i can't play anyway. The freezing of it happens on this start-up logo

Originally Posted by TommyKawaii
    It's not an issue with my PC for sure, before the patch, hell even in middle of mantinece i could launch the game itself see the new remapped menu but it sent me back to desktop saying it's mantience and i can't play anyway. The freezing of it happens on this start-up logo

To be clear, did you install the patch, run the game and get to the maintenance dialogue (that shuts the game again)?

Yes, a 1.4 MB patch, i did get the dialouge about maintenance and etc

I had found a fix that worked before the latest patch but now it isn't working. Before the patch I had gone into the
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010 and run DXSETUP.exe then go to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist\PhysX\9.12.1031 and run PhysX-9.12.1031-SystemSoftware then go to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010 and run vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86
    This worked untill the latest patch. A real pain to have to do but it worked for a while and allowed me to play the game.

EDIT: Ok this still works just make sure to restart your pc before trying to play the game. Derp.
    Last edited by StormFirestar; 5th Aug 2014 at 11:25.

Yes, a 1.4 MB patch, i did get the dialouge about maintenance and etc
    My range of help I can offer ends then sorry

Can you post your system specs/dxdiag for a dev who reads this?

The game works now, all i had to do was a PC restart

Crash on "Assigning Team"

This has been happening to me for a while now, and it's starting to get worse.

If I am in the lobby at the start of match I've got a 75% chance of the game freezing up after the 10 second countdown, right BEFORE the map load screen should appear.

If I'm quick and no one has taken my space I can CTRL+ALT+DELETE, crash Nosgoth, reload, and maybe get back into the match and I'll have no problems once I'm in the match, just the loading.

Video showing the Freeze.
    http://youtu.be/AAQTijIlBGE

DXDiag in the Spoiler

The game works now, all i had to do was a PC restart
    Hehe, glad you posted your solution! Hope the problem stays away

Originally Posted by Linkfan12
    its been over a week and im still getting an error evrytime i launch the game, Nosgoth has stopped working error, ive reinstalled the game multiple times. it started after the Prophet came out, is there a solution to this can anyone help?
    i have this problem too ..... but i can't faund any fix

Originally Posted by Linkfan12
    Mine crashes on start up when loading armory

this happened after the prophet came out and now i cant even start the game HELP!!!
    It seems that nobody knows how to fix this problem: (

Crash Shortly After Startup

Reinstalling the game/restarting Steam/etc. does not solve this issue, nor does running as an admin. I haven't played since about April, and now I'm getting a consistent crash shortly after the game reaches the main lobby. After loading and syncing everything, the game will run fine for a matter of seconds, where I can open menus and click on things, but after about 5 seconds, it will freeze up and the game will crash. So far nobody on the Steam forums has had a solution. I also can't seem to load the support page in order to report this issue, probably a temporary problem, but still getting in the way of finding a solution.

How to solve the crash

My post was originally about Nosgoth crashing on me soon as I got to "Downloading armory." If you're having the same problem, try this: In Steam, go to Library > Nosgoth > right-click > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Try to run Nosgoth again, and you should be successful.
    Last edited by DeeArc; 6th Aug 2014 at 07:24. Reason: Problem solved.

Guess you also tried verifying the game cache then. It helps sometimes.

What are your system specs? Would help the techs to reproduce your issue.

Do you get any crash error message?

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.30 GHz
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6670
    Memory: 8 GBs of RAM

The message I got whenever it crashed was "Nosgoth has stopped working. Windows checking for solutions...", then following the return to my Desktop "Nosgoth has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Originally Posted by Morgannin
    Reinstalling the game/restarting Steam/etc. does not solve this issue, nor does running as an admin. I haven't played since about April, and now I'm getting a consistent crash shortly after the game reaches the main lobby. After loading and syncing everything, the game will run fine for a matter of seconds, where I can open menus and click on things, but after about 5 seconds, it will freeze up and the game will crash. So far nobody on the Steam forums has had a solution. I also can't seem to load the support page in order to report this issue, probably a temporary problem, but still getting in the way of finding a solution.
    Exactly whats happening with me. Was working fine until that patch yesterday.

Would like to add it crashes when I'm searching for a game.

Guess I'm not the only one who got crash problem...
    I press "Play", select match type and then press "Search". The game is looking for server for 3-4 seconds, and when the "Joining game" phrase is appearing, the game stops and crashes.
    I tried to reinstall the game and to restart my PC. I also checked for drivers and DirectX updates and checked my cache, but it didn't help.
    Hope someone will find the solution.

Nosgoth likes to do two things for me: the "Out of video memory! Exiting..." bug, and an unnamed bug that causes the game to stop responding and automatically exit to desktop. Both normally happen whenever I'm on a loading screen, i.e. swapping maps / starting a match.

Specs:
    4096MB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 5670 with an approx. memory of 2426 MB
    Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz
    Hard drive: 530 GB free of 931 GB

My game crashes any time i attempt to use the push to talk feature. I am not sure what exactly is causing it but it happens any time during lobby or in game that i use it

I have the same problem DeeArc had but his solution does not work. The game starts and after "loading armory" the game runs for about 4 seconds, after that the picture freezes, another 2 seconds later the sound also stops.
    Than the massage "Nosgoth funktioniert nicht mehr" i think in english it says "Nosgoth stopped working" pops up. I tried reinstalling the game with deactivated firewall and antivirus system. I also tried "Verify Integrity of Game Cache".
    I think that my problem is categorized in "known crash reasons 1" but the link does not work.

Some system datas:
    http://puu.sh/aIKzI/0a1e6a3ce7.png
    http://puu.sh/aIKBK/51cac8df5e.png

MfG kineh

Edit:
    I don't know if it matters but while syncing to account under the square right from the profilepicture in the bottom left corner it says: "44:44:44"

Edit2:
    Okay, when i click quick enough i can play the tutorial. But after the tutorial it just crashes again.
    Last edited by Kineh-sama; 8th Aug 2014 at 09:51.

Originally Posted by Zieche
    This has been happening to me for a while now, and it's starting to get worse.

If I am in the lobby at the start of match I've got a 75% chance of the game freezing up after the 10 second countdown, right BEFORE the map load screen should appear.

If I'm quick and no one has taken my space I can CTRL+ALT+DELETE, crash Nosgoth, reload, and maybe get back into the match and I'll have no problems once I'm in the match, just the loading.
    I get the same thing, which is kinda of a weird crash. Basically if I'm ever in a lobby while the countdown is going, I'll almost always freeze when it's done. On the other hand if I just leave every lobby in intermission/counting down until I join one with a game alreadt started, the game launches without an issue. I haven't crashed or had any other technical issues besides the lobby countdown freeze one which is why I find it weird, joining games already running seems to always work.

cpu:i5 4670k
    ramroject viper 8GB
    gpu:AMD r9 280x
    mobo:asus z87-a

have never gotten into the game, crashes on startup every time. tried compatibility mode and un/reinstalling.
    only get the graphic when it begins to boot than "nosgoth has stopped working."

Client crashes after splash

So here is the issue and I believe it is somewhat common: I press play from Steam client (or start Nosgoth.exe from Steam directory in explorer) and the splash loading screen for the game appears, then the entire screen goes full screen dark gray like it is loading and disappears completely (no errors, just disappears and all services stop).

I have tried all compatibilities, checked computer specs, run as admin, ran as both of my video cards (nVidia GTX555M is plenty for the game) and even checked the logs but I never get a crash log because the game doesn't officially 'crash'.

I have gone through support, and they simply checked dxdiag and msinfo and told me to try running it through my NVIDIA card, even though I started out the support conversation by saying I had already done that (not bagging the support guys at all, they actually informed me I had some malware so thank you!). And yes, I removed the malware and tried reinstall, clean wipe, and anything you could possibly think of.

Long story short, has anyone gotten around this specific issue? The game never actually initializes, the splash appears, gray screen, and then nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Verifying the game cache in steam helped some. simply rebooting solved it also for some.

That's what I had thought as well. I verified the game cache and it says everything is fine. I also rebooted numerous times after each install and in between uninstalls just in case. Still nothing. I'm hoping it's not just me, as bad as that sounds ha!

Originally Posted by Ventriousss
    That's what I had thought as well. I verified the game cache and it says everything is fine. I also rebooted numerous times after each install and in between uninstalls just in case. Still nothing. I'm hoping it's not just me, as bad as that sounds ha!
    Do you have xFire running by chance?

Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last