Thread: Augment change?

Augment change?

Unhappy Augment change?

When you are offered the change/upgrade augment the second visit to China what are the ramifications?

There's no actual change of augments involved. It's just part of the story. See for yourself. Tip: Read the E-Mails at TYM and Picus on your next playthrough to get a clue what the change/upgrade of the chip is all about.

We'd be doing you a disservice, as fellow gamers, if we answered that question.

Maybe it makes a difference. Maybe it doesn't. Find out for yourself; I'm not going to tell you. Play the game.

Ugh, really? Is everyone so afraid to make choices for themselves and face the consequences like an adult - in a video game? Is everyone afraid to play the way the game is meant to be played?

Okay yeah I'm being a crotchety old man

Originally Posted by Daedatheus
    Ugh, really? Is everyone so afraid to make choices for themselves and face the consequences like an adult - in a video game? Is everyone afraid to play the way the game is meant to be played?

Okay yeah I'm being a crotchety old man
    Then I'm one as well, since I agree with you and am actually old - although probably not older than POM.
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

There are no immediate consequences, but it might... disadvantage you later.
    Bob page: Your too late, I am already more than human!
    JC: Does that mean I don't get the job?

Originally Posted by MaxxQ1
    Then I'm one as well, since I agree with you and am actually old - although probably not older than POM.
    Really? Always had you pegged for a younger fellow (Granted, it's exceptionally difficult to tell on the internet; Typically one can only see if the person they're speaking to is extremely young by a lack of grammer or logic).

Anyways, make the choice for yourself, don't look it up. I will let you know that in my first playthrough, I elected not to go for the upgrade, as I had a bad feeling about it. That was just my thing though.
    "Square Root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed so harmless..."

Originally Posted by Romeo
    Really? Always had you pegged for a younger fellow (Granted, it's exceptionally difficult to tell on the internet; Typically one can only see if the person they're speaking to is extremely young by a lack of grammer or logic).
    Oddly enough, IRL people still think I'm 10 years younger than I really am, even though the gray is pretty obvious in my goatee and hair. TBH, I just turned 47 years old. That may not seem all that old, but there are quite a few things I do and/or say that would peg me as someone much older - the aforementioned crotchety old man - but nine times out of ten, it's probably said tongue-in-cheek.

I also revel in my oldness. My kids are always trying to get me to use Just For Men to get rid of my gray, and I keep asking them, "Why?" (God, I love turning that question back around on them )
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

I also revel in my oldness. My kids are always trying to get me to use Just For Men to get rid of my gray, and I keep asking them, "Why?" (God, I love turning that question back around on them )
    According to the TV commercials, it's so you don't have to be embarrassed about answering the door to an attractive young woman who just wanted to borrow some milk anyway. I have plenty of milk though and this is a situation I have never come across. Why?

Originally Posted by rokstrombo
    According to the TV commercials, it's so you don't have to be embarrassed about answering the door to an attractive young woman who just wanted to borrow some milk anyway. I have plenty of milk though and this is a situation I have never come across. Why?
    Yeah, well... TV commercials have been known to be wrong. Frankly, I couldn't care less if I'm gray or not. Nice thing is, it's only about 20% for my hair - my temples and a 2-inch strip straight up the middle. For the goat, though, it's more like 50%, but I think it still looks good.

I've even had a couple cute young ladies (young = under 40 ) tell me they like the way my gray is coming in. Of course, they *could* be lying (no, I wasn't paying for them - I stopped paying for sex when I got divorced, now I'm just paying for the *results* of sex: three of them aged 14, 13, and 11), but I like to think they're honest enough.

But anyway, back on topic... what was it again?

Ahem. FWIW, we (as in ladies) generally find the salt-and-pepper look to be attractive. Just so you know.
    I have wondered about you // Where will you be when this through? // If all, all goes as planned // Will you redeem my life again?

Originally Posted by drakontion
    Ahem. FWIW, we (as in ladies) generally find the salt-and-pepper look to be attractive. Just so you know.
    So I've heard. OTOH, it usually never goes beyond "That looks good on you." Not that I really care. I'm getting too old for that kind of thing.

Just out of curiosity though - what about salt-and-pepper down to just below the shoulders?*

<I know a certain (lady) mod here likes long hair on guys>

*Or pulled back into a ponytail, which is where it usually is, due to work.

Now i'm imagining you as a long-haired, more badass version of Paul Denton because of the goatee.

Damn. Your kids are lucky. Wish my dad was that cool.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Oddly enough, IRL people still think I'm 10 years younger than I really am, even though the gray is pretty obvious in my goatee and hair. TBH, I just turned 47 years old.
    Holly , you're old. Now i feel really young with my soon to be 32.

Originally Posted by chefrancis
    When you are offered the change/upgrade augment the second visit to China what are the ramifications?
    No offense, but the Game drops plenty of hints at what the consequences may be.
    Anyway, the consequences of that decision won't be gamebreaking or such, in other words, it still leaves open all possible endings and so on.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Now i'm imagining you as a long-haired, more badass version of Paul Denton because of the goatee.
    Never thought about it before, but yeah, if I could lose about 30 pounds, I might be able to pass for Paul. Also depends on his height - I'm only 5' 10" (and my oldest boy, at 14, is already 5' 11").

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Damn. Your kids are lucky. Wish my dad was that cool.
    I'd hardly say that I'm all that cool. They haven't played any of the games, so right now, they wouldn't know Paul Denton from Paul Reubens.

Originally Posted by Brock
    Gee, thanks...

Originally Posted by Brock
    So are you by a 18 year olds standards!

Mind you I am not 18, but point being we are all considered old (in most cases) by someone else at some point.
    If patience is a virtue how come I am virtually out of it?

So I've heard. OTOH, it usually never goes beyond "That looks good on you." Not that I really care. I'm getting too old for that kind of thing.

Just out of curiosity though - what about salt-and-pepper down to just below the shoulders?*

<I know a certain (lady) mod here likes long hair on guys>

*Or pulled back into a ponytail, which is where it usually is, due to work.
    I like it. I am in the long hair on guys = good bandwagon.
    I have wondered about you // Where will you be when this through? // If all, all goes as planned // Will you redeem my life again?

I like it. I am in the long hair on guys = good bandwagon.
    Must... not... flirt...

... and an Aussie, as well.

<sigh... like I said, I'm getting too old for that stuff, and I'm too jaded to care>

Must... not... flirt...

... and an Aussie, as well.

<sigh... like I said, I'm getting too old for that stuff, and I'm too jaded to care>
    Aw. Shame. :P

Aw. Shame. :P
    Tempting, very tempting...

Tempting, very tempting...
    Tempting is good

Max is pure Dad!
    Play games for the story

Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder
    Max is pure Dad!
    Heh... at first, I thought you wrote "Dead".

"Typically one can only see if the person they're speaking to is extremely young by a lack of grammer or logic"

*cough, cough* :P