Thread: I'm Stuck!!!!!! TYM Medical Card

I'm Stuck!!!!!! TYM Medical Card

Exclamation HELP: Can not pick up crucial item

http://i.imgur.com/x50KF.jpg

The situation is this: I am in the China region (after boss 1) and am on the main quest line. I need a TYM employee card which will be forged so I can enter a secure building.

Problem is I killed the guy almost immediately after coming to the area (2-3 hours before getting the quest to get the card from him) so I can not simply load and the card is under a glass table where I can not target it .

Please help, this is really hindering my progression through the best game I've played in a long time :/

same problem

i guess we got to wait a year til we can finish this game ;(

Unhappy I'm Stuck!!!!!! TYM Medical Card

Im on the mission M2=Gaining Access to Tai Yong Medical were you have to Steal an Employee Card from a TYM Employee but i knock him out when i first got here cause i was exploring but now it seems i can't get it all!!!

The card is not on him, it's on his bed, as far as I remember.

i know its on the floor but its not letting me get it for some reason...

its a glitch, post it in the technical forums and hopefully someone can help you. alternatively load a previous auto or manual save game.

Good news! Patch announcement says that glitch is being fixed.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...postcount=1357

PC version's getting patched very, very soon. Here are the notes:

"The new patch addresses a variety of issues as well as adds some new features:

Fixes:
    - We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in ‘stuttering’.
    o Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
    o Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
    o Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously also result in stuttering.
    - Fixed issue where some players couldn’t complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
    - Fixed an issue where doors in Omega Ranch sometimes wouldn’t open.
    - The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC’s body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
    - Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.
    - A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.
    - An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
    - Fixed an issue where the HUD would get permanently disabled for some players.
    - Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
    - Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
    - Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
    - In DX9 mode:
    o Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
    o Fixed shadow-mapping ‘lines’ on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.

Feature Additions:
    - The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
    - Intro logos can now be skipped on all but the first run of the game.
    - Added windowed mode.
    o Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
    - Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audio is controlled by the language option in Steam.

On top of this we are continuing to monitor for any issues that may need to be addressed in a future patch. One extra feature we can already confirm for a future patch is support for Nvidia 3DVision and Nvidia Surround."
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

im glad that their addressing the issues but i play on the 360, so i hope the game will get an update as well

[PS3] BIG PROBLEM with TYM access card

OK. First of all, excuse my english, I'm chilean.
    I'm playing Deus Ex on PS3.
    After arriving Hengsha, I found the Hung Hua Hotel and I made the prostitute mission.
    In the way, I killed the TYM guard without knowing his role on the story.
    I saw a card and I couldn't picked up, so I didn't care.
    I advanced through the story until Van Bruggen asked me the card to fabricate a new TYM pass to gain access to their employee shuttle.
    But... I STILL CAN'T PICK UP THE STUPID CARD.
    By the way, the card is below the glass table, I don't know if it's correct.
    What can I do? I can't start all over again...
    By the way, I'm in the highest difficult.
    It's a bug or something.

Please HELP.

Same here... on PS3

Same here... on PS3.

I need a fix!!!

Originally Posted by maltrain
    Same here... on PS3.

I need a fix!!!
    Perhaps this will help.

I've not run into the problem myself, but here is a possible solution by someone else.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Tai Young Medical Employee Card Glitch RESOLVED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nHLm8IfBqU

I normally pickup the card by entering the room from the outside balcony and sneak over to the card. So far it has not failed on 5 play thrus on PS3 version

Check this thread it has a video with solution

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=121909

Failing this if you have an older save, instead of gaining access to the room via the door hacking, enter the room via the backdoor balcony.

Same exact problem here.

Well i did the card kicking thing but now the card is completely gone. EIDOS please fix this on xbox360!! The last save pre killing this dude was like 4 hours prior in my game!!

Originally Posted by princecaspn
    Same exact problem here.

Well i did the card kicking thing but now the card is completely gone. EIDOS please fix this on xbox360!! The last save pre killing this dude was like 4 hours prior in my game!!
    Keep trying friend, the card may be stuck in the floor.

I'm playing on PS3. When I got to the room, it was empty, and no card was on the table. What I did to solve it was to simply go outside the room, save the game, restarted the game and loaded the save. When the save was loaded, the guard was inside the room with a hooker, aswell was the card. Weird bug, but hey, hope this helps