Thread: Crashes after first cutscene with scarecrow

Crashes after first cutscene with scarecrow

Question Crashes after first cutscene with scarecrow

I just built a computer with a 990FX AM3+ motherboard, AMD phenom x6 black edition, nvidia geforce 580, and 8 gigs of ram (so should run BMAA just dandy). I had troubles initially because I had a realtek sound card. I disabled the driver and now run audio through the gpu. After this fix, the game ran perfectly smooth up to the point where you see scarecrow gas his first victims in the game. After I blow up the wall and run down the hallway, the game crashes at the same point every time just before dropping from the second ledge.

I am having the same "BMgame has stopped working" issue in the same place in the game. Does anyone have a solution to this yet?

For anyone else with this issue: I was able to fix it by disabling physics in the options from the launcher menu.

I have exactly the same problem - always crashes to desktop after the first Scarecrow cut scene.

I can't do turn off Physicx because it's turned off already, I guess because I have an ATI Radeon HD 5900 video card, and not an Nvidia.

I have a Realtek sound card and disabling it didn't do anything. Seriously considering asking for a refund. It's a shame - I know it's a great game. Any help would really be appreciated.

Originally Posted by ubiquitousuk
    For anyone else with this issue: I was able to fix it by disabling physics in the options from the launcher menu.
    Thank you very much!

I had the same problem (win7 nvivia560Ti) It always crashed after this scene. Strange that there is no hotfix

btw: if anyone else has problems with an xbox-controler: you can change the DefaultInput.ini (search for y-axis and change 1.0 into -1.0 twice)

Afterwards you can actually move forward by moving the stick forward

Wow, that resolved the isue for me... However one question still bothers me... If you turn PhysX back on does the game crash again?