Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: Why's everyone so angry?

Why's everyone so angry?

  1. #1

    Unhappy Why's everyone so angry?

    Okay, clearly not everyone. But it seems like every third game I'm in has at least one person dead set on letting everyone know just how unhappy they are over something, usually directed at their own team or someone on it. Sometimes it's directed at me, sometimes not, but whether I'm the target of the rage and vitriol or just an observer of someone's tantrum, it makes the whole situation uncomfortable, and gradually makes the whole game less pleasant. And I could swear it's getting worse.

    I don't play a lot of online competitive games, at least not with regularity or for very long, I often get bored with them and move on. And I'm usually not as invested in them as I am with Nosgoth. But I don't ever remember having this many instances of people being so angry. Maybe it's because it's small teams and people are quicker to assign blame, or maybe a closed beta attracts more competitive people who have a higher proportion of being poor sports, but whatever it is, it seems to happen a lot.

    I'll be the first to admit I'm not very good at this game. Neither my reflexes nor my computer are great, and I don't take it so seriously that my skill level is a matter of pride. But seriously, this isn't a big deal. If you're becoming angry over someone else's performance at this game, you need to re-evaluate your priorities. It is not worth it to become so upset. Just calm down and breathe, it's only a game. If your self-esteem is tied to your win-lose ratio, you need to find something that matters to focus your energy on.

    Do other have this experience? Am I just having a series of bad luck? Is this normal for 4v4 type games?

    Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.

  2. #2
    Personally, I don't play online games very much so I don't know from my personal experience how people in other games behave. In Nosgoth I had only two events when some player from my team started raging at me for my bad performance. As I said to one of them... level doesn't equal skill. It just shows how much you've been playing. Also, you have some good games and some bad games. You can't play every game perfectly. That time I played 3 games in the same lobby and most of the times I was first or second on the scoreboards. But the fourth game I was playing terrible. I had 2 kills and 8 deaths as a vamp. So yeah, some guy that joined us in that fourth game started raging about my performance and when I told him that which I wrote above he was still being a ... Fortunately, guys from my team that played last few games with me stood on my side. So after a while he left the match. I must say that was the first time I was happy someone left during the match.

    Now here's the thing... people are brave online. They can't see you so they have a lot of courage to insult you. Probably, most of these people are children and/or someone without any real-life social skills. Let's say you had some certain skills which allowed you to find the street address of these people and I'm sure if you paid them a visit and asked them to repeat what they said to you in-game they probably wouldn't... Because they would be too busy changing their underwear

    But I think the problem is with e-sports. It can be compared with real-life sports. If you are in a team-based game there will be people that always want to win, no matter if the game is friendly or competitive. They always yell at you when you do something wrong, but when they mess up, it doesn't matter. Unfortunately, some people are like that.

    What can be done about that? Well, next time someone starts insulting me I'll take a screenshot of the chat window and report that player. I think there is a sticky topic somewhere on forums that explains how to report a player. Also, I would be really happy if sometime later we will have the option to hide our level. Because it's really stupid how people overreact when they're talking about levels in this game. You get no special benefits or power-ups if you are higher level. As I said before, level doesn't equal skill.

    Also, I had an idea for a punishment system of those players, but I don't know if the devs would consider it ethical. And this part of the forum probably isn't the right place to explain it in detail.

    Last, but not least... I hope later there will be competitive and non-competitive lobbies to choose. To be more precise, non-competitive lobbies would be only those where players play just for fun, not for their precious kill-death ratios or win percentage. So if someone starts insulting other people for their bad performance in the game in a non-competitive lobby, he should get a ban from that kind of lobbies.

    Anyway, I probably wouldn't play this game if it wasn't Legacy of Kain related. So I really don't want it to become a place with disgusting community like LoL. I don't play LoL, but my friends who play it told me the community is terrible. I don't want it to happen to Nosgoth.

    I'm not sure if this has been completely on-topic but I also had to get a thing or two off my chest, hope you don't mind
    Last edited by Obisher; 28th Apr 2014 at 00:05.

  3. #3
    Personally I've only seen one person have a tantrum in game, which made others respond jokingly, even his own team members :P I've seen more people open to have a laugh using chat. My friend had a good laugh with somebody he happened to kill a few times over, basically a "you must really like me" thing.

    Bad behavior will happen, but I definitely think this game is nowhere near big free communities like LoL in terms of bad behavior yet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    50
    Ain't your name "Stranger" on Steam?
    I am making this assumption based on your avatar, please forgive me if I am wrong and therefore ignore this message.

    It's cool you don't value your game skill as much as your real-life achievements, that's fine... But please - keep that to thyself. This is a competitive game, people come here to find a challange and overcome it, that is what brings pleasure and satisfaction - so anger is to be expected. Injust criticism is present amongst people, that is normal (this is not good, but this is a regular phenomenon), but what happened yesterday was absolutely justified, as your level and amount of time spent playing this game creates an illusion of you being an adequate player.

    You don't have to have your selfesteem tied to your W/L ratio in order to get angry with poor perfomance of others, but, possibly, your selfish self prevents you from seeing things from the opposite point of view? Let me explain something...
    This game is a competition. Oxford dictionary gives us the following definition:
    The activity or condition of striving to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others.
    Same is here: two teams struggle to prove their superiority over the opponents. Each of the 4 players in both teams is a link in a chain, they have to work together to acquire victory. Weak players cripple their teams with poor perfomance, as their presence makes the game harder to win.

    So how can one have positive game experience when his opponents first maul him to death and then pile him with bolts in the other round without any chance of retaliation? All due to the fact that he can't rely on his teammate to provide support and he is being outnumbered? This brings frustration, frustration brings anger. The only way for someone to escape from this - is to remove himself from the match. But nobody likes leavers, isn't that right? So why do you find it suprising that people are being negative?

    If you are looking for a positive cooperative gaming experience - you won't find it here. Competitive games require determination or, at least, a mode where you can play with an A.I. which wont judge you. As long as you're playing with another human being - keep yourself together and either learn to ignore messages of others or simply try to get better at the game. There is no easy way out.

    Or wait... there is! Return to singleplayer games! Noone will be able to judge you there and nothing shall challange you.
    Last edited by VVZigel; 28th Apr 2014 at 07:46.
    The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion— hope.

  5. #5
    I usually try to give advice or make helpful requests to newer teammates (e.g. "Reavers should throw smoke/poison before attacking please"), who often take this as criticism, or as me telling them how to play. I hope you are not misinterpreting comments like this as 'anger' or 'blame.'

    As for the people who actually start talking sh¡t and cursing you out for your in-game performance, feel free to remind yourself that internet trolls really are horrible people, and enjoy the game while ignoring them.
    Last edited by PencileyePirate; 28th Apr 2014 at 08:20.

  6. #6
    I don't know what situation you are referring to, as I've witnessed a number of very obnoxious ones lately, and you're not exactly narrowing it down. I very intentionally did not mention specific incidents, as I see nothing to gain from making things too personal.

    There's nothing inherently wrong with anger, it's a normal, healthy emotion. In moderation. Letting it boil over to the point that you feel the need to mistreat other people is neither healthy nor appropriate, in games or in real life. If a person can't manage their emotions like an adult, then maybe this isn't a good hobby for them to be engaging in.

    But their choice of entertainment is not for me to judge, they have a right to be there as much as I do. My point is that I wish they would try to function as emotionally healthy people. Complete strangers on the internet do not owe them anything, and upon getting into a public game with said complete strangers, it is foolish to expect anything of them, even moreso to become upset over it. If a person is that concerned over victory conditions, it would be in their best interest to play with friends.

    The core of this is basic human decency, and it is very simple. A person can be as competitive as they'd like, but at no point do their own personal desires cross a threshold where it makes them justified in mistreating other people.

    Edit: No, that's not what I'm talking about, PencileyePirate. I can usually recognize constructive advice or criticism when I see it, and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise. The people who take it poorly tend to be assuming the worst of the people around them, which is another problem in and of itself.

    I do ignore the nasty ones, because what else is there to do? This post was more about sharing my thoughts and wondering about other people's experiences, than anything else.
    Last edited by Gryregaest; 28th Apr 2014 at 08:28. Reason: Extra post while I was typing.

  7. #7

    ..when I was a kid

    PencileyePirate, its a cool thing you do, helping people out with advice. I do that sometimes still. Get different reactions =\

    Gryregaest, there is plenty of that hate to be had in lagy\"competitive"\ or popular games (call it whatever, any game can be competitive.).
    Lol,Dota,CS:GO,Call of Duty etc. It seems like most ragers are kids from my experience, but there also are adults who don't like or want to learn the game, so if you are better - you receive hate. if you are worse - you receive hate aswell, so the opposing side can level up its EGO even more.

    Sometimes a game is just a game, and public games are made to have fun. Winning or losing, still can be a positive thing if people are nice to each other.

    In most old games\ good old times - in Quake 3 Arena times, I havent EVER seen a single time someone didnt 'gg'\or write bg (bad game... like, if its bg why even play ?) out of game even if some team\players did abysmal. Iv never seen someone called a noob, cursed at because of how good\bad he plays. Players didnt degrade so much, why it happens now and is "OK" simply because someone wants to win? its not an excuse to behave like spoiled brat to others. Never was and never will be for me, and many other old players.

    - If someone plays the game not for the full experience (which Winning, having Fun, being nice to others, and Losing is part of the game) he should make his own team\clan and get over it. in Public match, as in Public place he should be respectful of others.

    I havent seen it "often' or as often as now, in games like ET:Quake Wars aswell. It had a smaller community.
    Now players have Steam profiles etc. and are like seems, more open socially (with all the facebook\youtube integrations etc.) yet, there are way more ignorant, hateful players for some reason. In Quake 3 you were anonymous , yet people were nice. What happened with new generation of games\gamers, I dont know.

    Im playing CS:GO atm, and oh boy is it hell out there. Anyway, nice post man ! Just be nice to nice people, gg after game\ignore raging kids\adults, its all we can do. Generally, spread good vibe\energy and you will find more nice people to play with , maybe even new friends. Cheers !
    Last edited by Chaostos; 28th Apr 2014 at 09:45. Reason: corrections

  8. #8
    sometimes ppl just dont know what there are talking about , i was playing as scout and doing really badly, like 750 damage first 5 min so i switch to alchy my best human class and bring it up to maybe 5000, still really bad. next match same lobby i pick alchy to start and start getting crap being told to switch classes i suck with alch and only got 700 points WHOLE last match. They just didnt know what was going on and even though i played poorly, people will need to play there weak classes to make them strong.
    PS were we playing against a premade also
    signature image

  9. #9
    Usually I try to ask nicely but then get ignored or people give a big mouth. In which then Ill give them one back.
    But some things are so annoying like a team mate watching you die on purpose before killing the enemy... once it can happen, twice is odd, three times is a pattern. At which I do get annoyed and usually tell the guy(s) (or girl(s)) to off and watch themselves. which usually ends up them getting slaughterd and me farming up the kills.

    stuff like this will always happen at (semi-)competitive games.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    But some things are so annoying like a team mate watching you die on purpose before killing the enemy
    you realize they could be reloading this happens to me all the time im about to save a teammate being killed and have to reload
    signature image

  11. #11
    I think it's because the players in first few months have mostly been LoK fans and thus less competetive than the players that are currently coming into the game through the Founder packs and keys.

    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    Usually I try to ask nicely but then get ignored or people give a big mouth. In which then Ill give them one back.
    See, the problem is that you did NOT ask nicely in the game I played with you. Calling people " noobs" and being downright insulting to a girl because she was german and in your eyes that was why she was "selfish" will indeed get people to ignore you.

    Everyone has a bad day where they just don't play as well as they want to. But that is no reason to start name-calling.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Jul 2014 at 18:40. Reason: censor circumvention

  12. #12
    True.

    Remember that not all players are good. Some are excellent, some are just average, and then there're those people: the angry, cursing, flaming ones. If you're feeling that your allies aren't doing well, well, maybe you need to lead them. Sometimes, when the going gets tough, someone HAS to rise above the rest. Maybe all the team needed is leadership.

    But, then again, there's the kind of people who really play bad, yet goad about leading the team. -_-

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lower Saxony, Germany
    Posts
    702
    Originally Posted by Lirka_
    I think it's because the players in first few months have mostly been LoK fans and thus less competetive than the players that are currently coming into the game through the Founder packs and keys.


    See, the problem is that you did NOT ask nicely in the game I played with you. Calling people " noobs" and being downright insulting to a girl because she was german and in your eyes that was why she was "selfish" will indeed get people to ignore you.

    Everyone has a bad day where they just don't play as well as they want to. But that is no reason to start name-calling.
    Don't stress, Lirka. I've been called names several times because of my nationality. They called me 'nazi' and such things, so I'm used to it. Poeople don't like germans, because we are a nation of warriors and they are afraid of us but won't admit it. They won't realize that there is no reason for fear. Just leave us in peace and nothing will happen ^^

    Enough sarcasm...

    Many players are like that, because of their age, that's all.
    The brain of an 15 - 16 year old isn't grown up and sometimes instinct is stronger than intellect.
    That's the crux of f2p....
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Jul 2014 at 18:40. Reason: censor circumvention
    signature image

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1
    I don't have much of value to add here, except that I live and play games with a legitimate rager. He will get viscerally angry at his teammates when they let him down, and a common thread I notice in most cases is that there is no criticism aimed toward himself. His frustration comes from losing the game, but his mindset is such that 100% of the blame is directed at the players around him.

    It's not easy to approach people who are flaming mad and tell them that they're wrong, but a mindset shift is exactly what these types of folks need. EVEN in cases where your teammates have legitimately failed to carry their weight, focusing on what YOU could have done better will cause you to improve as a player, will make you more enjoyable to play with, and will likely lower your blood pressure.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Swossage
    I don't have much of value to add here, except that I live and play games with a legitimate rager. He will get viscerally angry at his teammates when they let him down, and a common thread I notice in most cases is that there is no criticism aimed toward himself. His frustration comes from losing the game, but his mindset is such that 100% of the blame is directed at the players around him.

    It's not easy to approach people who are flaming mad and tell them that they're wrong, but a mindset shift is exactly what these types of folks need. EVEN in cases where your teammates have legitimately failed to carry their weight, focusing on what YOU could have done better will cause you to improve as a player, will make you more enjoyable to play with, and will likely lower your blood pressure.
    I actually found this true on multiple occasions. I had some friends who used to get mad at anyone and EVERYONE in games, and even me. No matter what they may or may not have done wrong, it was always someone else's fault. I learned in LoL that the best way to deal with them, aside from trolling (which I totally don't do ), is to play like I'm the only person on my team that's played before.

    By this, I mean that I try to help my teammates, but until they've proven they know what they're doing, I don't go out of my way to help them. While this might sound mean, it's worked more times than not. I don't let people flat out die, but if they wanna run off by themselves while the whole team's together, let em go. As to being the angry people, I USUALLY just get mad when people quit or get kicked RIGHT as the game loads. It might not always be there fault, but in a 4v4 game, 1 player makes ALL the difference.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by VVZigel
    as your level and amount of time spent playing this game creates an illusion of you being an adequate player.
    Which is not the player's fault.

  17. #17
    I actually saw insulting behavior from other players only once or twice since I started playing Nosgoth (have 30+ hours now if I am correct).
    What I want to say is if those abusive people can't just enjoy the game, it's their problem, not yours. All they can do is try to insult you or leave. Well, it's their right, let them do this. It's not gonna hurt anyone. I prefer to ignore any insults thrown at me, because I just don't want to spend my time bothering with them.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Lirka_
    I think it's because the players in first few months have mostly been LoK fans and thus less competetive than the players that are currently coming into the game through the Founder packs and keys.


    See, the problem is that you did NOT ask nicely in the game I played with you. Calling people " noobs" and being downright insulting to a girl because she was german and in your eyes that was why she was "selfish" will indeed get people to ignore you.

    Everyone has a bad day where they just don't play as well as they want to. But that is no reason to start name-calling.
    uhuh, I mentioned teamwork first but it got ignored.
    Then when you guys spoke german i made a mock about it which apparently you still dont get... which doesnt matter.
    I might be a guy whog ets annoyed because people act selfish and yell at them for being selfish, but I also compliment people if they help or tried. Or if an enemy coverd his team mate with an excellent move, i even compliment him or her.

    Like i mentioned countless of times, things work two ways.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Jul 2014 at 18:41. Reason: censor circumvention

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Jmthebigman
    uhuh, I mentioned teamwork first but it got ignored.
    Then when you guys spoke german i made a mock about it which apparently you still dont get... which doesnt matter.
    I might be a guy whog ets annoyed because people act selfish and yell at them for being selfish, but I also compliment people if they help or tried. Or if an enemy coverd his team mate with an excellent move, i even compliment him or her.
    First of all, I never spoke german because... well.. I'm not german. And I did get the mock, and it was offensive.
    I still think there was some miscommunication or something. Why wouldn't people help you when you get pounced or abducted? That makes no sense, UNLESS they're reloading, or they have their own vampire they need to deal with. That happens all the time, nothing you can do about it. And definitely no need to start raging.

    I say we let bygones be bygones, the game is too much fun to start holding grudges.
    If you want you can add me on steam, so we can play a friendly match.
    Last edited by Lirka_; 29th Apr 2014 at 13:25.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Lirka_
    First of all, I never spoke german because... well.. I'm not german. And I did get the mock, and it was offensive.
    I still think there was some miscommunication or something. Why wouldn't people help you when you get pounced or abducted? That makes no sense, UNLESS they're reloading, or they have their own vampire they need to deal with. That happens all the time, nothing you can do about it. And definitely no need to start raging.

    I say we let bygones be bygones, the game is too much fun to start holding grudges.
    If you want you can add me on steam, so we can play a friendly match.
    sure will do.

    edit: to many pop-ups pm your id sos earching is easier.

  21. #21
    This is something that a lot of game devs wish to push aside but is a fact of gaming as a whole.
    Games should never force a player to keep playing in a match, ever.

    look at the early CoDs (lets say up to CoD 4, when there was still server lists instead of matchmaking.), battlefield games, TF2, left 4 dead, etc etc etc.

    Why is there less rage/"toxic" people? Cause people can walk away yet keep playing.
    Don't like your team? Just leave and play on another server.
    Don't like whats happening? freely leave (without punishment aka no leaver marks, xp drain,whatever) at a moments notice and play the game again when you feel like it.

    Then look at mobas, matchmaking forced(like newer CoDs), etc games. [aka the most toxic filled games]
    You are FORCED to keep playing a round, this is honestly mental and emotional abuse. Like being raped non bodily. If you try to walk away YOU are punished.

    and you wonder why these games have such abusive players? Its being raped over and over till YOU become one of the rapists. Sure some people are masochists and not mind or have fun being raped (those who stay non toxic.) but for many there is only so much abuse one can stand.

    Its so modern that many people don't even know they are being abused like this as they become one of the toxic people, not even seeing the change of themselves.

    Let people drop in and drop out, leave at will with no punish etc and the level of toxic drops easy. FORCE people to deal with mental and emotional abuse and you should expect it.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Jul 2014 at 18:42. Reason: censor circumvention

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by The_Bird_of_Hermes
    This is something that a lot of game devs wish to push aside but is a fact of gaming as a whole.
    Games should never force a player to keep playing in a match, ever.

    look at the early CoDs (lets say up to CoD 4, when there was still server lists instead of matchmaking.), battlefield games, TF2, left 4 dead, etc etc etc.

    Why is there less rage/"toxic" people? Cause people can walk away yet keep playing.
    Don't like your team? Just leave and play on another server.
    Don't like whats happening? freely leave (without punishment aka no leaver marks, xp drain,whatever) at a moments notice and play the game again when you feel like it.

    Then look at mobas, matchmaking forced(like newer CoDs), etc games. [aka the most toxic filled games]
    You are FORCED to keep playing a round, this is honestly mental and emotional abuse. Like being raped non bodily. If you try to walk away YOU are punished.

    and you wonder why these games have such abusive players? Its being raped over and over till YOU become one of the rapists. Sure some people are masochists and not mind or have fun being raped (those who stay non toxic.) but for many there is only so much abuse one can stand.

    Its so modern that many people don't even know they are being abused like this as they become one of the toxic people, not even seeing the change of themselves.

    Let people drop in and drop out, leave at will with no punish etc and the level of toxic drops easy. FORCE people to deal with mental and emotional abuse and you should expect it.
    Questionable wording aside, I dunno if I agree with you. If people can leave, for one, they should not be allowed to come back to the same game after maybe 2 quits, and their character should be replaced with bots. I would be happy with bots on my side, as long as I wasn't screwed into a one sided game. You say people shouldn't be forced to play a game with penalties, but I shouldn't be forced to play a game with penalties and unfair teams because someone doesn't wanna take 20 minutes to play a PvP game. It's PvP, it pretty much entails you take time to play a full game.

    Single player games are for those who don't WANT to commit a 3rd of an hour to play. I dunno if you should be forced to play by any means, but I shouldn't be brought down because someone doesn't WANT to play after STARTING a game. Don't play if you don't wanna finish it people. I love single player games because they allow me to play when I want. I ONLY play multiplayer when I know I have time TO play.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Jul 2014 at 18:42. Reason: censor circumvention

  23. #23
    2 things Vallass.

    DROP IN, drop out. This means that people can pop in anytime should someone else leave, so "unfair teams" isn't much of a issue. If you have ever played a server list based game you would know this.
    HOWEVER if everyone keeps leaving your team whenever you play games that you need some type of system to ENFORCE others stick with you, maybe they aren't the problem.

    and to say "Well they should stick with SP games if they don't want to be forced to deal with others bs" is around the same logic as saying a person shouldn't wear a skirt if they don't want to be raped.

    I use the wording I do because it IS the equivalent of being mentally and emotionally violated, being forced to stay in a uncomfortable environment against ones wishes so someone else can have their jollys.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by The_Bird_of_Hermes
    2 things Vallass.

    DROP IN, drop out. This means that people can pop in anytime should someone else leave, so "unfair teams" isn't much of a issue. If you have ever played a server list based game you would know this.
    HOWEVER if everyone keeps leaving your team whenever you play games that you need some type of system to ENFORCE others stick with you, maybe they aren't the problem.

    and to say "Well they should stick with SP games if they don't want to be forced to deal with others bs" is around the same logic as saying a person shouldn't wear a skirt if they don't want to be raped.

    I use the wording I do because it IS the equivalent of being mentally and emotionally violated, being forced to stay in a uncomfortable environment against ones wishes so someone else can have their jollys.
    Okay...Bird, I'm not getting into it with you about the wording. Just no. As to the "maybe they aren't the problem", since when is it okay to attack people in forums? I didn't say your ideas were stupid or bad, just that I don't agree. Calm down a bit, please. Unfair teams ARE an issue, they have a report system in the works, AND one in forums for those who are being a-holes. Plus, you can just ignore the people who are being dicks. They'll have a mute system soon, and this won't even be an issue. On the other hand, the guy who's blaming everyone keeps trying, where as the guy who leaves pretty much guarantees a loss on whichever side he abandoned.

    As to the people who don't want to deal with morons online, you should pretty much stay off the internet. I'm not saying it's their fault, but the whole point of the internet is animosity. Most people take that to insane levels of douchedom (it's a word now). If you come online, you're PRETTY much gonna have to deal with people's BS, sorry but that's how it is.

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by Vallass
    As to the "maybe they aren't the problem", since when is it okay to attack people in forums?
    Asks the one telling people to stay in SP games and/or get off the internet.

    everything so far has been the logic of. "well if they don't wish to deal with me, they can go themselves"

    also to the report bs, no just no. THIS again is why xbox/mobas/etc have such a level of toxic. Its forcing people to deal with crap (not allowing them to leave as they wish,matchmaking bs, etc.) then slapping them in the face when they end up with social problems from it.
    They all have report systems too, hell even LoLs has been noted as being one of the biggest jokes ever. toxic trolls banning toxic trolls and legit players. You so much as have a 4/5 k/d and kiss your account goodbye if a premade reported you and sent you to the tribe. lol

    report systems only fix the symptoms of a toxic inducing system that causes mental and emotional distress at its core. Fix the core, create server list rooms, allow people to drop in and out at will. If they want a short game they can join a in-progress one.

    But I did find the mute, etc comment funny. Abuse is so much more then "mommy he said a bad word".

    An example of this is say you joined a video chatroom. BUT you were not allowed to leave the PC or stop watching it for say 30 minutes, if you did the SWAT or something would arrest you. Sure you could mute people but someone could force big screen themselves on your pc and wave their unspeakable parts at you for lulz. Now the "game" is to video chat. Just because this "person" sucks bad at video chating does not mean you can leave or do anything about it. You are to sit there, and watch them jiggle their parts at you for lulz because if you leave or afk you will be banned/punished/etc.
    and no, you can't report them as you can't report someone for sucking at "the game".
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 23rd Jul 2014 at 23:09. Reason: Censored

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last