Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Full Lobbies Not Starting

Full Lobbies Not Starting

everything works fine for me but when the game is abut to start nothing happens it just leaves me in the lobby and everyone else that was in the lobby get's in the game. I can hear and see what they are writing and talking... it just says "game starting..."

I don't know if anyone else have this problem but the game worked fine on Tuesday 15.10

Now it says that there are no servers available... I have validated so no files are missing ether. restarted steam tried to update again nothing works.. I have even re installed the game once and that didn't work ether.

And now when I leave the lobby and try to search for another game, it still says "starting game..." instead of "looking for players"
    Last edited by Norrman; 17th Oct 2013 at 16:29.

Try logging out of Steam and logging back in again if the problem persists, also bear in mind that our servers don't fully come online until the time stated in our Closed Alpha Testing Schedule.
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Ok I will try that.

But I got It to work now somehow... If I just wait then the game doesn't start but if I go to windows and back up again several times then it started for some reason...

Games fail to start

When lobby fills, it just stays there and doesn't start.
    Multiple people have this problem.

Nuffin' works, everythings chatting

I have chocolate.

We're rebooting the servers, this could take another ten minutes or so. We'll get this right for you as soon as we can
    Square Enix London Studios Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz
    We're rebooting the servers, this could take another ten minutes or so. We'll get this right for you as soon as we can
    Give me 4 gold so I can make up the time with Instant Tyrant Leap? I'll trade for some white chocolate :P

stuck in lobby while match started

Not too sure of how this happened but while waiting for a lobby to fill i entered the store, and the match started, while i stayed in the main menu/lobby screen.

I attempted to communicate with the other players to see if they could see my lobby text in game but, they didn't respond i could still see whatever they put in chat though.

I then exited the lobby and started a search again and ended up in the same game but actually entered this time.

may have already been posted but i didn't see it in the list.

For further context i played 1-2 games fine then this one and one more after with no problems.

This havent been reported yet.

So thank you for doing it.
    I will place it in the list.

Next time this happens can you make a screenshot?

It stayed like this for about a minute without starting before I left the lobby ...

Game started but stuck in lobby

This has happened a number of times now; chat indicates people are in-game, but I'm stuck in the lobby. Also, no one seems to be able to see my chat, or at least they don't respond. After waiting a minute or so I just have to leave ...

I wonder if this is the reason so many players leave at start of game, resulting in constant 3v4s.

I get it sometimes too, no idea why it happens... :/

I've run into this a few times in the last few days. The lobby will be full, but it still says that it's waiting for more players, and never starts the countdown or starts. People can leave and come back, or be replaced by others, but it does nothing to resolve the issue. The only solution appears to be for everyone to leave the lobby and find a new game.

I'm not sure if there's any specific patterns to when this happens, but I've observed it mostly in successive games (i.e. the lobby has already been through at least one game), and usually at least one person has left after or during the first game and as been replaced by someone else.

I reported this on a much older build here.

Seems allot more freequent this build, on previous builds it was mostly due to a ghost player (thats not really here), this time it feels different, I dare say that everyone is actually present.

With ghost players the match usually starts as a 3v4. With this bug the match never even begins, both on current & previous build(s).

Originally Posted by Gryregaest
    The lobby will be full, but it still says that it's waiting for more players, and never starts the countdown or starts.
    I experienced this last night – but when someone left the Lobby and someone new joined the match then started.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I experienced this last night – but when someone left the Lobby and someone new joined the match then started.
    Yep, but it's not a guarantee that reconnecting will work. I've seen several different players leave and rejoin a lobby before it actually started, so the workaround is intermittent.

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Yep, but it's not a guarantee that reconnecting will work. I've seen several different players leave and rejoin a lobby before it actually started, so the workaround is intermittent.

It's not a workaround, he specifically said when "someone new" joined the match it started. So the same person leaving and reconnecting = the same as not leaving, since it's not a new connection.

That's my takeaway from that.

Originally Posted by SageRhyme
    It's not a workaround, he specifically said when "someone new" joined the match it started. So the same person leaving and reconnecting = the same as not leaving, since it's not a new connection.
    I meant that it's a workaround for the players remaining in the lobby ... and wasn't assuming that it had to be the same person (I did say "different players.") However I'm glad you emphasized that for any developers who might be reading, since it seems I wasn't 100% clear.

Exclamation

So i've gotten into lobbys countless times already since last patch and I have seen a few buggy errors going on about. 1. when i choose to join a friend's lobby it either gives me A. an empty lobby with a transition phase like after a match has ended or B. a random PuG that is most likely halfway completed and always on the losing team. I also see Lobbys having 8 people but it doesn't read the message and still continues to look for players. anyone get this before as well? Its a constant nag when i want to play a match.

May need to move this thread to the bugged section my bad Oo
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 11th May 2014 at 16:36. Reason: Double posting

We had full lobby today, then it started, showed the loading screen, then it changed the map. It counted down again, showed loading screen, changed the map - it did this to us 3 times until somebody left and rejoined... Weird bug :/

Game started, but I'm stayed in lobby

Sorry, I don't remember, what I doing before (was in armory or tabbed), but when I return to "play" tab, I saw this picture. 8 players and no timer for beginning. I had to rejoin match search and joined to same server from which I left.

Server nodes on EUW not starting games.

This has been an ongoing issue since the last patch; certain servers will count all the way down and not start the game.

I'll update this list as it happens;

Node/time

301563 - 13:45 GMT 15/07
    301603 - 14:25 gmt 15/07
    Last edited by Koame_; 15th Jul 2014 at 13:26.

Bug: full lobby doesn't start

Lobby is full, countdown finishes but resets and the game does not start. Happens repeatedly both on US and EU servers

Page 1 of 3 123 Last