Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Full Lobbies Not Starting

Full Lobbies Not Starting

Unhappy Starting Game/Players:8 Lobby issues

So I've been trying to play for most of the day, and in my 40 or so attempts to play games thus far, I've managed to play 6.

I'm getting several different problems:
    1. The "Authenticating..." screen appears, a lobby is joined and then instantly left and then this is repeated until I cancel the search.
    2. I get into a lobby. The lobby fills up, the count down commences. As those drums beat louder, the excitement rushes through my veins(Sure the vamps would love that ;D) and then it just gets stuck at Players:8 and then nothing happens, I've waited for 10 minutes before, and still nothing.
    3. Same as above, I join a lobby, which I assume is a game in progress since there is no count down. I read "Starting Game" and as above, nothing happens.

I was just going to be a child and rage and stop playing for a while, but I decided to don the sensibility pants and come and make a post about it.

So far I've made sure it's allowed through my Firewall/Antivirus (Zone Alarm/AVG respectively)
    Flushed my DNS
    Restarted PC
    Restarted Router
    Reinstalling
    Verifying Integrity of Cache
    Disabled AVG and ZA
    Turned off Router firewall

And I'm running out of ideas!

Help me play my favourite game on my steam list please!

I had the same promblem of launching a game (2nd in your list) near 21:20 yesterday on the server EU 301641 and EU 301594.
    It worked fine on servers based in US east. And I had no more problems near 22:00 on european servers

2. I get into a lobby. The lobby fills up, the count down commences. As those drums beat louder, the excitement rushes through my veins(Sure the vamps would love that ;D) and then it just gets stuck at Players:8 and then nothing happens, I've waited for 10 minutes before, and still nothing.
    This is a problem which still sometimes happens on certain servers (though significantly less than before). You have to find a new lobby if this happens.

Thanks for your replies.

@SanDiv
    I get the problem on all 3 regions sadly.

@RainaAudron
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing but when you are only getting into every 6th match it does get a little boring. Don't get me wrong, beta is beta, this is why we are here, to help get the game working.

It just feels like I'm spending more time joining and exiting lobbies than I am actually playing matches.

@RainaAudron
    Yeah, that's what I've been doing but when you are only getting into every 6th match it does get a little boring. Don't get me wrong, beta is beta, this is why we are here, to help get the game working.

It just feels like I'm spending more time joining and exiting lobbies than I am actually playing matches.
    Yeah, it is very annoying... I suffer from being unable to find lobbies at all (no servers error), but when I get one or get invited then it´s fine usually. Hopefully with the new matchmaking systems all these issues will be gone.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Yeah, it is very annoying... I suffer from being unable to find lobbies at all (no servers error), but when I get one or get invited then it´s fine usually. Hopefully with the new matchmaking systems all these issues will be gone.
    Any idea when that is due?

No, but not anytime soon yet I think (they are working on it though). We just have to wait for now.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 28th Jul 2014 at 13:10.

Fresh games don't start

Just joined 4 seperate lobbies where the game timer counts down, makes the starting noise, then just does nothing. I've tried sitting there and waiting, joining a different lobby, nothing works. However it did join me to a game in progress, so not sure what's going on.

Just thought id let people know that today seems a bit buggy.

Did you happen to note down any of the sever names? were you playing on EU or NA?

Sorry i didn't think to note server names, it was on eu however, and appears to be working now, just had a few games. If it happens again I will be sure to note down server numbers.

Lobby Issue

There is a bug that is causing matches to begin but not bringing all the players into it, leaving them in the lobby with little indication the match is going on. This has happened to me a number of times and I know it has happened to others. A couple of guys from the Angry Joe Army were reviewing this game on twitch yesterday, with over a 150 people watching, and I was excited to see them finally trying it; but the bug happened and I was a little frustrated saying, "Of all the times for it happen, it had to be now?"

Ye I had the same happening today. People were asking me what happend and if I got kicked. I was just seeing the lobby while they had the game running.

Server 301600 on Eu is experiencing this bug currently.

If it does happen, do pop up a reply with the server number if you can. I have seen it happen a few times when a server needed to get restarted, so if you get stuck in a specific lobby, it's likely that server. We can make sure it gets cleared up then
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by hirukaru
    This havent been reported yet.

So thank you for doing it.
    I will place it in the list.

Next time this happens can you make a screenshot?
    I posted about this some time ago, and I'm still getting the issue, if anything it's gotten worse.
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...312#post111312

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    No, but not anytime soon yet I think (they are working on it though). We just have to wait for now.
    Yeah, it's getting to be a little bit of a joke now. I spent two and a half hours yesterday playing the game, and only 15mins of that was actually in game and not just sitting in different lobbies.

I'll just be waiting until it's patched. All I want is to play this bloody game

Best purchase I ever made!

[Bug?] Lobby loops countdown

At times after having found a lobby to join, the game will start the countdown when 8 players are present, but as soon as the countdown finishes it will say 'Players:8' again and wait to start over with the countdown or do an intermission. This keeps looping without actually beginning the match.
    To actually play a game AFAIK you have to exit the looping lobby and search for a new one. I haven't noticed any patterns etc. in the occurrence of the looping so far.

-Floipd

Did this happen to you today after the patch?

If it occurs pls try to post the server name and time so they can look it up in the server log.

We need the server name and the time this happened. Having the names of the people in the lobby will also help. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Psyonix-Greg
    We need the server name and the time this happened. Having the names of the people in the lobby will also help. Thanks!
    Not tried since before patch, will give it a shot tomorrow and keep a note of any servers/players. If it's anything like before, be prepared for a hell of a long list ;D

I just ran into two of those:

First solo after failing to team up with a friend:

(click image to enlarge)
    Time: 13h12 gmt+2 (CEST)

Second when we managed to actually have a party:
    Notice there is no server name at all

(click image to enlarge)
    Time 13h28

Happened to me yesterday (wednesday 6th of August) at 14:23/2:23 PM.

Map: The Fane
    Server: Official Nosgoth EU 301645
    Lobby members: Myresslugerhjort, Yindoom, CuddlyOldNick, Phantom, GodGamerification, CHUBBY BUNNY, Phireo and Floipd (me)

US WEST Server - NEWBIE Under LVL 10

US West Server for Newbies under level 10 failed to start game even when all required players were ready. Continuously went back-n-forth from session start count down to intermission to resetting players to session start count down again and again etc.
    Players just decided to exit game.

Happened again today (friday 8th of August).

First at 19:31/7:31 PM

Map: Freeport
    Server: Official Nosgoth EU 301575
    Players: Friendly, VeslaN ? ? ? ? ?? ?, james668, Sika, =SEALZ= Diessner*, Gimbzo, Komari-Chan, Floipd.
    ____

For the second time at 19:48/7:48 PM

Map: Freeport
    Server: Official Nosgoth EU 301607
    Players: PinkPursuit, Ex-iT, WinxJax, ENDGEGNER, Dooba_Dooba, P_A_R_A_D_O_X, muwfinsh, Floipd.

I have no idea if it is on your side or mine, but all my problems with being stuck in lobbies has gone. I get into 100% of games now.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last