Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: [PC MOD] Debug Menu Enabled, Map Selector Enabled, Skip Intro Logos

[PC MOD] Debug Menu Enabled, Map Selector Enabled, Skip Intro Logos

This has been mentioned on RPS.

I particularly liked:

Originally Posted by RockPaperShotgun
    Word on the street is that the member of staff at Eidos Montreal responsible for them [the splash screens] fully intended to make the splash screens skippable, but as they entered the meeting room to discuss it, a prerendered cutscene took over and forced them to make the splash screens unskippable. What a shame.
    Oh. Oh RPS. Oh you.

Awesome, thanks for the great tool. Now to have some real fun. >

*crosses fingers for mod tools in the future*

Come on Eidos - Just give us the mod tools we all want!

Very damned cool gibbed! Skipping the cutscenes was reason enough for this mod, now a lot of other stuff too. Question. If the game gets another patch (to fix these crashes so many people including me are experiencing), I sure hope you update this mod so it would still work.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

I won't use it until I know I won't get in any trouble for it. I won't mind if achievements are disabled, because then I can just use this for my playthrough where I just kind of screw around. On the other hand, skipping those logos isn't too unappealing in any playthrough.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    This has been mentioned on RPS.

I particularly liked:

Originally Posted by RockPaperShotgun
    Word on the street is that the member of staff at Eidos Montreal responsible for them [the splash screens] fully intended to make the splash screens skippable, but as they entered the meeting room to discuss it, a prerendered cutscene took over and forced them to make the splash screens unskippable. What a shame.

Oh. Oh RPS. Oh you.

+10 Internetz to RPS for that wonderful jab.
    "Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." G'Kar, Babylon 5.

Can't seem to get it to work, when I try to start the game it just hangs on the "Preparing to launch Deus Ex: Human Revolution..." dialog box. Anyone else had that problem?

I'd rather have the steps to enable the developer menu manually i.e. command line args.

gibbed always comes up with some kick butt tools for games. loved the stuff for ME2 & DA as well. of course, since i'm on the xbox360 for de:hr, i can't use this, but can still say it looks like awesome work.
    XBL: TheNamelessOne

This is awesome. First, thank you.

Some suggestions/wishes:
    Infinite consumables/grenades/mines
    No Weapon Reload.

I've already beat the game twice, and gotten all my achievements, so this makes playing around so much more fun.

Thank you gibbed, you're Great. Using your mod I finnaly managed to finish bugged "Cloak and Daggers" mission. I wasted several hours trying to do something that will cause the game to spawn the one MCB member so I can stun him and nothing worked. Now, I can finally get back and play this fantastic game. You've done a very good job with this tools, that allow me to do that. Thanks a lot again.

i always knew there well be a mod cheat like Deus Ex Invisible War thanks for this its really great but is there a way to save the menu i changed? so it wont return to default whenl i play the game next time and i think you need to fix the "Infinite Ammo" cause every time i ALT+TAB or the game loads a new map it returns to "false"

To all the folks who are asking for additions and/or fixes for options in the debug menu, please realize that this is a leftover developer menu, the keyword being "developer". As in, the mod only unlocks what was already there, it doesn't add anything new of it's own. It's an entirely different ballgame to add an option of your own, so that is out of the question until gibbed finishes his full mod tools. Long story short, there's no way one could add or fix anything in that menu, unless one were to create an entirely new menu.

@gibbed This entire mod is wonderful, thank you! I really appreciated your mod tools for Far Cry 2 and Just Cause 2, and hopefully you can figure out something similar for this game. I can't believe you got this particular mod out so early. I don't have goon membership so this is the only place I can properly thank you.

So... is it true that with the mod non-dlc people are able to get the DLC weapons? I can't tell, because I do have the DLC already...

You shouldn't be able to add anything to your character unless you have the game assets for it in your game folder; people without the DLC files shouldn't be able to add the weapons unless the weapons were already in the game but unobtainable.

Originally Posted by DataShade
    You shouldn't be able to add anything to your character unless you have the game assets for it in your game folder; people without the DLC files shouldn't be able to add the weapons unless the weapons were already in the game but unobtainable.
    As long as devs bury the "premium" stuff in the vanilla game with a lock switch instead of being smart enough to offer them as a separate download, people will eventually unlock and use those. Therefore spawning a silenced Sniper Rifle with the Debug Menu is not any worse than, say, hiding the HUD or turning health regen off.

It's not a matter of ethics.

I cant get it to work. I have the retail version of the game.

I can confirm that it allows you to "add" the pre-order weapons to you inventory even if you didn't receive the pre-order bonuses.

Originally Posted by El_Bel
    I cant get it to work. I have the retail version of the game.
    The retail version IS the steam version, so either you are confused, or you just admitted that you are a pirate.

Originally Posted by Duckmeister
    The retail version IS the steam version, so either you are confused, or you just admitted that you are a pirate.
    With retail version i mean i have a dvd and i didnt download it from steam. Is this hard to understand?

Anyway, any idea why it doesn't work for me?

With retail version i mean i have a dvd and i didnt download it from steam. Is this hard to understand?

I have the DVD as well, which loaded on Steam. The devtools work fine for me.

Does this mod disable steam success ? Would be great if not.

All DVDs are authenticated through steam, which means that no matter where you bought the game, it is connected to your steam account, and if your "DVD" was legit, it would've either installed Steam (if you didn't have it), or Steam would've recognized the disc and taken over the installation process.

Don't worry, you aren't the first to accidentally admit that you are a pirate. Next time, buy the game before you come to the forums for technical support.

This doesn't have a nasty VAC-ban side effect does it? I've heard of single-player games bringing the ban hammer for certain mods and memory altering programs. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm paranoid about that kinda thing.

Originally Posted by Cvstos
    This doesn't have a nasty VAC-ban side effect does it? I've heard of single-player games bringing the ban hammer for certain mods and memory altering programs. Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'm paranoid about that kinda thing.
    I don't think any single player-only games are VAC secure.

Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last