Thread: Future PC Patches - Updates & General Discussion

Future PC Patches - Updates & General Discussion

Do you think that the Hengsha shuttle bug's will be fixed?

The missing link is running much better for me than the game with the last patch :S. Including better fps.

Is someone really fixing the bugs and the stutter for the love of god? There are critical bugs still there. Or we will have to wait for an "unofficial patch" in a couple of years? XD. The missing link is running 10x better, maybe the manner the shaders are handled in the dlc?

It would be nice if we could have some sort of an update.

It's now the 6th of November. If I could, I would have taken this game back by now and asked for a refund.

Surely Nixxes/Eidos Montreal/whoever must have SOME idea what the hell is causing the stutter? Any chance of a progress report? Or have you guys just decided that monthly patches is the way to go?

Indy games patch more frequently than this.

Leaving now the stutter in second plane. Im really worried about the bugs that broke the game and get some parts unable to pass: hengsha shutter, letitia beers "quest" reward, cloak and dagger bug, sandoval always aggro after hacking taggar computer, etc.
    There types of bugs are inadmissible in this game after so many weeks and patches.
    Also the shotgun is totally broken i can swear it shoots everything in the screen except the enemy with the ironsight on.

Side note:
    The missing link is running much, much but much better XD. Did i say better? XD. I only telling if it help. Can someone in the team adapt whatever is new in the engine tweaking for the main game? Im not saying "redo all the lighting in the game" but hell, something is helping the sttutter and the loadings of textures in the DLC. Is far more stable.

For me so far (up to & including Montreal) i've come across.
    Cassandra objective cop not being in police station (had to re-do the entire level & told here not right now for her objective & left it till the end.)

Not being able to exit Montreal if you take out 2nd boss. See the cut scene of Malik landing, go back & raid the level / hack terminals / alarm panels b4 speaking with Malik & select ready. You get the speech from Malik ending amen to that but the helicopter does not return.

I would like to see some balancing in one of the future patches.
    Weapons should be tweaked a bit (e.g. pistol is too powerful, just don't nerf it completely, sniper rifle is almost useles) and augs could use a small overhaul, too. Maybe increase costs a bit, so you have to actually make choices about what to get.
    Also I would increase the amount of sound you make and/or the alertness of enemies due to sounds so that it makes sense to get the sneaking augs.

Montreal departure

Additional note about Montreal
    This time after defeating the 2nd boss I told Malik to wait, went back to previous corridor to trigger an auto save. Return to Malik & select ready, the cut scene plays just fine (short wait for Malik seems to be ok).

Now if you
    Re-load the game from above autosave (which we know has Malik told to wait & allows the trigger to exit level), raid level, then return to Malik & tell here your ready. You get the speech of Amen to that the objective completes but no cut scene.

One thing of note, the engine jets on Maliks helicopter had shut down (sound can still be heard as though they are on standby) once I returned from raiding the level for missed items / replacement ammo so this maybe why the exit sequence does not happen.

Condensed version
    Kill 2nd boss-> Manually save game-> go straight to helipad & select ready-> depart=yes

Kill 2nd boss-> Manually save game-> raid level for missed bits & return to 2nd boss room-> Manually save game with updated inventory-> go to helipad & select ready-> depart=yes

Kill 2nd boss-> Manually save game-> go straight to helipad & select wait-> raid level for missed bits-> return to helicopter & select ready-> depart=no.

16th of November.

Still no stutter fix.

And the official reps seemed to have disappeared from this forum.

When I call Nixxes/Eidos Montreal shoddy developers, understand that a great many expletives have been held back. I'm not a rich person; I spent money on this one game, forsaking others. Hell, I could have kept that money and bought Skyrim or Batman: Arkham City instead...

My mistake I guess, for hoping that the Deus Ex franchise would be respected, and that PC users would not be fobbed off with a badly optimised console port.

Please fix the damn game. What the hell is up with your patching schedule? Is the engine *that* broken?

Wow Prod i got to hand it to you .. you dont give up easy do you ?

As i expected now that three months have passed so has the hype, hence why the devs have gone quiet, there is no more need for damage control.
    "Yes we care" "were working on additional fixes" My ass ..

I for one am disgusted by the state this game was released in - Not just the PC version but consoles are litterd with bugs aswell.
    I allready de-installed this piece of crap sofware and will never buy any Eidos Montreal title again.

And since its quite clear that this wont/cant be fixed i dont think there is any reason for me to visit or post on this forum anymore.

Thanks for nothing Eidos

And good luck to those waiting for a stutter fix .. i can tell you it will never happen.
    CPU AMD 955 X4 BE - GPU ATI HD6870 2GB - MOBO Crosshair 3 Formula - RAM 4GB OCZ 1333 - SSD 120G OCZ Vertex 2 - Win 7 64bit

Money is tight.

Buying this game was a luxury. I can't really afford to give up on it.

It's a matter of principles, as foolish as that might be.

This damnable stuttering (that was nearly 100% fixed before the Oct.18 patch) is the reason I've only played this once and not yet played Missing Link
    The Drome stank of biz, a metallic tang of nervous tension. Muscle-boys scattered through the crowd were flexing stock parts at one another and trying on this, cold grins, some of them so lost under superstructures of muscle graft that their outlines weren't really human.

26th of November

Anyone there? Any news? Anything?

Well i have been away from this forum for some time. Put the game on ice hoping it will be fixed with time. Still nothing. Installed several new drivers for my GTX460 in the meantime and even bought a new faster hdd. Still stutters. But what frustrates me the most is when developers don't want to communicate with fans in need for technical support. From what i see eidos is still very active on their Deus Ex:HR facebook page. And this game is still among the top 10 selling games on steam. So i would be happy with any kind of answer to my post. Like for example...sorry but we don't plan any future patches for this game. Or...yes,we are still investigating some fixes. ANYTHING is better than complete lack of communication.

Well, after a month, they communicated. And this is what they said:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=123731

So yeah. This isn't an official support channel. Apparently.

No answer to the repeated question of "Are you still working on the stutter bug?"

Just what amounts to an official acknowledgement that this forum is in fact vestigial and pointless, and that they don't consider communicating with us here to be a priority.

So for now, I'm going back to Vampire: Bloodlines. Which, ironically, runs more smoothly and gives me less trouble.

lol, the delayed sound was never fixed

you eidos

Originally Posted by ARustyFirePlace
    lol, the delayed sound was never fixed

you eidos
    The delayed sound is not by far the worst problem of the game XD.

Bought the game today and what do you know... stutter

c2d e8400, 6gb ram, gf 560ti

10th of December.

Still no patch.

Still no news about a patch.

Originally Posted by ProdWithTheProd
    10th of December.

Still no patch.

Still no news about a patch.
    There won't be any more patches for this game. Live with it.

What a pointless thing to say.

Why should I just "live with it"?

This is the reason crap like this continues to happen; why customer service is so piss poor in the games industry these days.

People just suck it up. In fact, they practically bend over and invite it.

Besides, posting in this forum takes very little time and effort on my part. I think I'll keep trying to remind them of their obligations until this forum dies.

And then, perhaps I'll write an article about it. I'm sure much can be said about the irony of the situation; that a gaming franchise whose stories tend to revolve around the evils of big business...has succumbed to the very things it preaches against.

At this point I would be content with just rolling back to the version before that ty Oct. 18th patch that made the nearly non-existent stuttering return worse than ever
    The Drome stank of biz, a metallic tang of nervous tension. Muscle-boys scattered through the crowd were flexing stock parts at one another and trying on this, cold grins, some of them so lost under superstructures of muscle graft that their outlines weren't really human.

Besides, posting in this forum takes very little time and effort on my part. I think I'll keep trying to remind them of their obligations until this forum dies.
    Just so you know, you are unlikely to get a public response. EM apparently read their forums but they choose not to get too involved.

And then, perhaps I'll write an article about it. I'm sure much can be said about the irony of the situation; that a gaming franchise whose stories tend to revolve around the evils of big business...has succumbed to the very things it preaches against.
    As ironic as it could be, I think it would be a little naive to expect anything more. It's the entertainment industry.

Hello!

Please - just a word: Will there be another patch for PC or not?

Thanks,
    Dominus

Originally Posted by Dominus_
    Hello!

Please - just a word: Will there be another patch for PC or not?

Thanks,
    Dominus

+1

any news? patch or fix for stuttering ?

Thanks

Page 13 of 15 First First ... 39101112131415 Last