Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: Inventory Stacking Mod

Inventory Stacking Mod

Originally Posted by lapdragon
    Lapdragon's Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Better Inventory" Mods:
    (updated for DXHR v1.2.633)
    I will update this post whenever a new update or variant is needed.

Screenshot
    (Huge Stacks, Base Weapons variant)

Base Stacks, Small Weapons:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dle3k9id8kyo50x

Huge Stacks, Base Weapons:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?gobdb1600d52rvd

Huge Stacks, Small Weapons:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k0gz4jdbz3r6jqd

Large Stacks, Base Weapons:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?64ngkdiecc7kgfn

Large Stacks, Small Weapons:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9zshyw10jmew1me

Small Stacks, Base Weapons:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u7c66fj1qi6386b

Small Stacks, Small Weapons:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7bs01j5tlbhvy81

Base Stacks and Base Weapons are game default

Small Stacks are as follows:
    Grenades & Mines = 10 per stack
    Alchohol & Energy Foods = 25 per stack
    Ammo = 50 or 100 per stack

Large Stacks are all 255 items per stack, and all non-weapon items can stack

Huge Stacks are all 65.5k items per stack, and all non-weapon items can stack

The Small Weapons package reduces the inventory size of weaponry, ammo, weapon modkits, energy food, and mines.

Weapons are generally 1 grid shorter in height, and 2 shorter in width.
    All "small" ammo and mines are 1x1, "large" ammo is 2x1.
    Energy bar boxes are now 1x1, energy powder jugs are 1x2.
    Weapon Modkits are all 2x1.

All of these mods are fully packaged and ready to use, so you shouldn't need to re-pack them to work with the current version of Gibbed's Debug Menu mod. If you need the current version of his mod, it is here:
    http://mod.gib.me/deusex3/map-select...u_1.2.630.0.7z

Gibbed's DeusEx3 Tools - rev 65
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sdewcxi3h36jqvm

My sincerest apologies to Kivan for hijacking his thread - the thread is about my mod so I hope he doesn't mind :-)
    will there be or is there a working version of this for the directors cut? i have been trying to get it to work and so far i cant :S

I dislike the use of the phrase "better" here. If anything about Human Revolution that was damn near perfect it was it's inventory system.
    It's only major issue was the stacking values of combat rifle and machine pistol ammo.

Originally Posted by Nachtmahr
    will there be or is there a working version of this for the directors cut? i have been trying to get it to work and so far i cant :S
    Same Question over here .. loved Deus Ex and now get it finaly as steam version in the last sale ... so i got the Directors Cut and wanna get a bit more room in my inventory ...

How to get that mod work in game version 2?

with best +DS_DV+

Originally Posted by CrazyEyesDave
    Will this mod work for Deus Ex The Fall?

I haven't got it yet, but this was a huge problem in the first game and this mod was a godsend.
    It won't, and won't work for the Director's Cut either.

Originally Posted by 3rdmillhouse
    It won't, and won't work for the Director's Cut either.
    Why not ?

cant someone update it ?

Originally Posted by xDS_DVx
    Why not ?

cant someone update it ?
    I would if I knew how to, but I got no clue how to do this.

Originally Posted by CyberP
    I dislike the use of the phrase "better" here. If anything about Human Revolution that was damn near perfect it was it's inventory system.
    It's only major issue was the stacking values of combat rifle and machine pistol ammo.
    Nahh.. not quite so perfect, but a few more rows could do wonder. I used to over stack it with weapons so I can sell to the dealers to make money, but had to keep running back and forth cause it's not that much room.

Originally Posted by hybridex
    Nahh.. not quite so perfect, but a few more rows could do wonder. I used to over stack it with weapons so I can sell to the dealers to make money, but had to keep running back and forth cause it's not that much room.
    So basically you want the farming of in-game cash (that you do not need at all) to be more convenient, to the detriment of choice and consequence design and the requirement of using your head.

You are aware there is enough cash in the game lying about/obtained through hacking to buyout all/most dealers, without ever having to farm in such a way? But regardless, you want to farm and that's OK, the game rules allow it, but changing good design (the inventory system) just to cater to this behaviour would be rather ridiculous.

Is there any charitable soul here that is willing to help us bring this inventory mod to the latest build (1.4.651.0)? Hell, all I need is a tutorial and I'll do eet myself.

This post here doesn't count.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...&postcount=142

It's a ty excuse for one and doesn't even teach me were to find the files to alter.

Originally Posted by togan
    Here's a shot in the dark...anyone here still have stacking mod for build 1.4.651.0 [vanilla game]
    The DL link FoShizzle posted is no more;(
    FILE NAME:inventorymod-largestackssmallicons

PS. Any file will do really,as long as it's compatible with latest patch 1.4.651.0
    PPS. I tried using Gibbed tools,but I couldn't "Pack" the file...something about "Invalidpathcharacters" XD

Thanks for your time and effort invested into these awesome mods!!!
    Which of the game's files did you unpack to mod the game?

Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    I've made an update for this mod, for v1.4.651.0 of the game, and will be uploading it shortly. (I'm looking for hosting, used to use mediafire, but, apparently they've lost their minds since I last uploaded a file there.)

(I'll edit this post with a download link ASAP, meanwhile, if someone wants to point me towards a decent sharing site, that isn't going to make me jump through 40 hoops, that would be great.)

The version I updated was the: Large stacks, small icons version.

But, I'll also detail the process of creating your own version, it's VERY easy. (Took me five minutes, including figuring out how the mod worked.)

-----

1. You need to download this tool, and extract it's files from the archive. (I use 7-zip personally, Google it.)

http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex-3...us-ex-hr-tools

2. Download an existing version of the mod from this topic. (Whatever version you want(stacks\icons), I used the one created for patch v1.2.633.0.)

3. Copy "patch0.000" from your games (ie, Deus Ex install directory) folder to your desktop.

4. Copy the same file from the mods (ie, this mod) archive to the desktop. (Name it something else, like, mod_patch0.000, or whatever..)

5. Now, you remember, we downloaded a tool earlier, it will contain a file called "Gibbed.DeusEx3.Unpack.exe", you need to drag and drop the patch files from above, ONE AT A TIME, onto that .exe file. (This is a Windows shortcut, many apps support this feature, it basically says, do your default operation on the file I just gave you.)

Now, this should have created some new folders on your desktop, named after the files we just extracted in the last step. (You basically just unpacked those files.)

6. Look inside the folder we just created in the last step for the mod_patch file, open the "default" folder, then then the "pc-w" folder, you should find this file "pickup_database.drm", copy it to the same location in the "patch0" folder.

7. Now, go back to root of the patch folder, and open the file "bigfile.xml" with Notepad.exe, ie, right click, select "Open With", and pick notepad.exe, and add the following entry along with the others like it, at the very top. (Save the file when you're done.)

Code:
    <entry hash="A9F8A050" locale="FFFFFFFF">default\pc-w\pickup_database.drm</entry>
    8. Now, just drag and drop the folder "patch0" on the file "Gibbed.DeusEx3.Pack.exe", just like earlier. (This will create a new file, containing the mod, ready to rock for the latest patch.)

9. Go on ahead and replace your original "patch0.000" in your games folder with the one we just created. (Make backups.)

10. Try it out, hopefully everything worked properly, and you can continue enjoying this great mod on the latest version of the game.

----------

Download
    http://www.filedropper.com/inventory...ackssmallicons

Note: I have never used this hosting site before, so, I apologize if it gives you any hassles.
    FoShizzle, you are my savior!!!!! I followed your instructions to the letter and it worked. Build 1.4.651.0 has now a fully functional item stacks mod. I'll upload it in a few minutes.

Here is the link

http://www.filedropper.com/patch0

So basically you want the farming of in-game cash (that you do not need at all) to be more convenient, to the detriment of choice and consequence design and the requirement of using your head.

You are aware there is enough cash in the game lying about/obtained through hacking to buyout all/most dealers, without ever having to farm in such a way? But regardless, you want to farm and that's OK, the game rules allow it, but changing good design (the inventory system) just to cater to this behaviour would be rather ridiculous.
    Personally, i think it's ridiculous that Jensen can carry all that stuff in the first place (though i'm not complaining), but that the SOFTWARE for hacking takes up inventory space (i AM complaining about that). :-D

I never understood why they used software for that to begin with. Doesn't the future have the ability to duplicate software? Ergo, he should never run out of stop worms and viruses. I get the game mechanics aspect, but the practical reality is that it's just confusing and annoying (that's on top of the inventory space issue).

Well.. it is in-game farming of cash, since you had put it that way. I have never thought of it like that. It is just kinda fun hoarding weapons to sell to the dealers and see how much, yeah in-game cash, you can make. I agree, not that it has any more further value to the game, but is just another venture of the game. Figure if it was real life and as the same abilities as Jensen, I would probably do the same thing to make fast easy pile of cash. In actuality, I would just have a pistol or a sniper rifle, all fully upgraded, in my inventories with the rest just full of cyber packs and jars. I favor his stealth takedown abilities over using weapons. Even at the ambush when arriving for Hengsha, I use all stealth takedown or kill to save Malik. No weapon needed. It is just satisfying to take out somebody without being seen and they didn't even know what had hit them, and get Ghost achievement, to top if off..

Ok - after several decades of inactivity, I've managed to FINALLY find time to update the mod!
    Updated to v2.000, made for the Director's Cut (includes all preorder DLC and the Missing LInk DLC)
    This mod DOES NOT work with the base version of the game, it is Director's Cut only.

pickup_database.drm (base verson)
    pickup_database.drm (base stacks, small guns)
    pickup_database.drm (255 stacks, base guns)
    pickup_database.drm (255 stacks, small guns)
    pickup_database.drm (65k stacks, base guns)
    pickup_database.drm (65k stacks, small guns)

Because there isn't an official patch for the game anymore, we don't have a simple "download and play" version of the mod... You will need to use a hex editor and do a teensy bit of work. I recommend Editpad Pro, however there are quite a few good ones out there - the trial version of Editpad Pro will work well enough for what we need to do.

Instructions:
    1.) Download and install a Hex Editor (such as Editpad Pro, mentioned above)
    2.) Download the version of the mod that you want, and the base version - you will need both.
    3.) Find the install for your copy of DXHR-DC (usually c:\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut). You should find a number of very large files named "bigfile.00x" - we will be modifying bigfile.008.
    3a.) Back up this file if you wish - it's not too difficult to reverse the changes we're going to make, but if you mess up, it's much simpler to restore a backup of the file than it is to delete it and have Steam verify and re-download it.
    4.) Open editpad, and drop the pickup_database.drm base file on it - it should open and show you a bunch of hex code (letters and numbers) - if it shows you weird gobbledygook characters, then you probably need to change to Hex view (third option down in the View menu).
    5.) Drop your chosen mod variant into the open Editpad window - it will open another tab with the second file in it.
    6.) Drop the "bigfile.008" file from your DXHR directory onto Editpad - it will open a third tab. This may take a little while and also slow down your computer, as the file is nearly 2gb (it's a big file).
    7.) In Editpad, hit control+f to open the "find and replace" window at the bottom - if it only opens a little bar with some buttons on it, hit the magnifying glass on the left end, and it will expand out into two large boxes where you can type.
    8.) Go back to the first tab you opened with the pickup_database.drm file opened in it, click in the middle and hit control+a to select the entire file, then control+c to copy it to your clipboard, and then click in the top section of the Find & Replace window and hit control+v to paste it in.
    9.) Go to the second tab you opened with the mod file you want to use opened in it, and repeat the copy/paste process, but paste the data into the bottom section of the Find & Replace window.
    10.) Go to the third tab you opened with the bigfile.008, and hit the "replace all" button on the Find & Replace window (it looks like a magnifying glass with the capital letter A in it) - this will find the default data, and replace it with the mod file's data. This will probably take a little while, even with a decent computer, and don't be too worried if your computer slows down while it's doing it - you've just asked your PC to do something fairly CPU-intensive.
    11.) Hit control+s to save the bigfile.008 file, and then close Editpad, if it asks you, you don't want to save anything in the other two files (nothing should have changed in them anyways).
    12.) Open DXHR and enjoy! :-)

i dont know if this will still be relevant but to Lapdragon, from what my meager coding can understand, the base file was just there so the find and replace can search what to overwrite right? and the mod you chose will be the actual mod that you use to overwrite the data from the bigfile0008.000. knowing that, it is safe to assume that you CAN edit the mods themselves to your hearts content if you know their address in the hex editor. so what im asking is whats the offset value of the following, each of ammo stack size, and offset value of the weapons(i have to do something with the weapon mod being a bit weird for me). and thats all. thank you lapdragon for such a great tutorial being easy to follow even for a slightly noob-ish coder.

PS: to elaborate on my whole weapon mod being weird thing, i was hoping that the ammo mod was a bit more consistent. what im trying to say is i want the ammo mod to follow this pattern in ammunition increase.
    pistol: 10 -> 15, 15 -> 20, 20 -> 25. considering im used to pistol having 15 shots(yeah RE players)

the other weapon seems to follow how i want it to be so i can safely say i only have an issue with the pistol so yeah. this small thing would be best if i do it myself.

Lapdragon, you're a genius! Thank you for the HEX workaround for DC.

Originally Posted by lapdragon
    Ok - after several decades of inactivity, I've managed to FINALLY find time to update the mod!
    Updated to v2.000, made for the Director's Cut (includes all preorder DLC and the Missing LInk DLC)
    This mod DOES NOT work with the base version of the game, it is Director's Cut only.

pickup_database.drm (base verson)
    pickup_database.drm (base stacks, small guns)
    pickup_database.drm (255 stacks, base guns)
    pickup_database.drm (255 stacks, small guns)
    pickup_database.drm (65k stacks, base guns)
    pickup_database.drm (65k stacks, small guns)
    Great, was able to get this working with relative ease. One problem, my preference of the mod was small stacks + small weapons, which there doesn't seem to be a version of here. Any chance of someone adding it?

Originally Posted by NameMan
    Great, was able to get this working with relative ease. One problem, my preference of the mod was small stacks + small weapons, which there doesn't seem to be a version of here. Any chance of someone adding it?
    I think that is the 255 stacks, small guns variant - if it was different I honestly don't remember what it entailed.

Changing one of the versions to be different size stacks isn't terribly difficult - just open the base stacks/small guns variant and do a bit of hex replacing.

Small Stacks are as follows:
    Grenades & Mines = 10 per stack
    Alchohol & Energy Foods = 25 per stack
    Ammo = 50 or 100 per stack

I think that was the version I was aiming for. But I can try and tinker around with the hex sometime.

I still have v1.4.651.0 can someone make a patch for me please? I don't get hex editing. I'd like the 65k stacks and smaller guns (even just 999 stacks, but mostly smaller guns, the guns in this game are just way too big). I hate tossing out weapon mods. I know this thread is rather old but hopefully someone is still around.

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567