Thread: DLC: "THE MISSING LINK" -General Discussion & Q&As /UPDATES see 1st post on 1st page

DLC: "THE MISSING LINK" -General Discussion & Q&As /UPDATES see 1st post on 1st page

Even though he's an ass, for some reason I really like Burke...

I found the silencer not right at the beginning but a littler further. It's when you get to the loading bay areas. Search in the offices below loading bay 1 on the map. BTW, all the parts for that gun are also in this same general area (all 3 areas of that same map)
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

MY MISSING LINK quick review: 88/100 = great DLC. I highly recommend.

+++ gameplay quality much higher than in DXHR thanks to absolutely brilliant maps
    +++ the best things are hidden and that is a good thing
    +++ more "secret places"
    ++ consequences more visible than in DXHR
    +++ bossfight
    ++ characters were developed very well
    ++ factory zero <<<---- good stuff
    + lightning upgraded - game looks batter
    ++ atmosphere
    ++ a lot of DX1 references

--- no "conversation boss battle"
    - buggy animations of characters during conversations
    - backtracking with "loading screens"
    Carpe diem!

MY MISSING LINK quick review: 88/100 = great DLC. I highly recommend.

+++ gameplay quality much higher than in DXHR thanks to absolutely brilliant maps
    +++ the best things are hidden and that is a good thing
    +++ more "secret places"
    ++ consequences more visible than in DXHR
    +++ bossfight
    ++ characters were developed very well
    ++ factory zero <<<---- good stuff
    + lightning upgraded - game looks batter
    ++ atmosphere
    ++ a lot of DX1 references

--- no "conversation boss battle"
    - buggy animations of characters during conversations
    - backtracking with "loading screens"
    Carpe diem!

That was a wonderful DLC (and I got it for a great price at $10). I'm probably going to go back and make two different decisions. Not to mention finish up my 'ghost/non-lethal run' (that ending boss fight ruined both for me).

JJB! I saw what you did there in Burke's office!

EM said at the end of the credits to be prepared for more...I am ready and excitedly waiting.

Originally Posted by Mike89
    I found the silencer not right at the beginning but a littler further. It's when you get to the loading bay areas. Search in the offices below loading bay 1 on the map. BTW, all the parts for that gun are also in this same general area (all 3 areas of that same map)

cool, iv got it saved right as i climb the ladder up to the deck of the ship for the first time(the rain is a nice touch n the waves look cool =]). just to make sure, you found the silencer AFTER when you first get deck side ?

I also thought the DLC was pretty good. First, it played with no crashes unlike the main game on my system. I've played it twice already. I keep making the same decision to
    I'll have to bite my lip and do it opposite next time.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig, ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs DDR3 1600 , EVGA GTX 680, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, Z-5500 5.1, Corsair TX750w, Windows 7 Pro x64

Originally Posted by chabbles
    cool, iv got it saved right as i climb the ladder up to the deck of the ship for the first time(the rain is a nice touch n the waves look cool =]). just to make sure, you found the silencer AFTER when you first get deck side ?
    You gotta go a little further. When you get to the first place after you are scanned/rejected/accepted, then you lower the big gate, you are entering the right area. You'll see Loading Bay 1 and Loading Bay 2 on the map.

ok cheers

10. It is displayed at $14.99 on my Steam. Way too expensive for content that has been removed from the original game. Those who got it for $8 or $10 were maybe just lucky.
    "Nothing happens unless first a dream", Carl Sandburg

11. Originally Posted by avenging_teabag
    Anyway, I agree with your in principle, but I adore this game, I want more of this game and I want EM to make more games like it. I don't regret the money.
    I very like the game too, but if you have principles, you should follow them, or these are not principles.

I want more games like DXHR too, but I do not want another mission with Adam that feels like it should have been in the original game in the first place (and that's really the feeling I have). It could have been so much better if the DLC was a story with a different character, something that you couldn't have played in the original game, something really NEW that do not make you feel uncomfortable while giving your extra bucks.

About the silencer, I have replayed the first part of the DLC, and now I can't find it anywhere. Could I be remembering wrong? I was so sure I found it early. But I have a save when I'm just getting off the ship, with a silenced pistol.

So at least there definitely has to be a silencer on the ship somewhere, I'll let you know if I find it again.

Originally Posted by Mike89
    I also thought the DLC was pretty good. First, it played with no crashes unlike the main game on my system. I've played it twice already. I keep making the same decision to
    I'll have to bite my lip and do it opposite next time.

Originally Posted by Zenithtb
    Care to elaborate?

NVM just found the way. I feel like superstar hero badass
    Carpe diem!

Originally Posted by Darthassin
    Care to elaborate?
    I can say without Spoiler tags that it's an Achievement :-)

Also, YouTube is your friend lol!

[Edit] Just saw your final line. Will leave this here for others
    [Edit] You edited! I though I was going insane!

Originally Posted by JCDentonMale
    Eidos, so you removed a part of the game, and now you are selling it for $15?
    I will not support this obvious attempt to get more money for something that should have been included in the main game.
    Then you, per definition, don't support the franchise. Your call, but you're missing out on something great.

- and don't be stupid. Eidos is a company, and as such it needs to make money. If you keep delaying a game, you risk the life of the entire company and franchise. EM couldn't do that. If this DLC helps avoid that, then by all means give me more!

Seriously, though. Give me more.

Originally Posted by auric
    "The Missing Limb"

Jensen woke up in Singapore? (forgot where, lol)
    & looks at himself, OMG...

what happened??
    Jensen: I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!!

Originally Posted by Ultim Garde
    Question about the end loot:

You can.
    It's actually not as good in Jensen's non-aim-bot hands as in Burke's imo, so I recommend taking and selling it, just to deny the boss of his proper weapon.

Originally Posted by EricaLeeVee
    [spoiler]Next time I am going to let the 'whistle-blower' die and kill Burke. I felt so bad letting all of those people die but I was convinced it was for the greater good. :C
    Why not save everyone? I did the same thing as you on my run, but now that I know better, I'm gonna save everyone.

Originally Posted by JSj
    About the silencer, I have replayed the first part of the DLC, and now I can't find it anywhere. Could I be remembering wrong? I was so sure I found it early. But I have a save when I'm just getting off the ship, with a silenced pistol.

So at least there definitely has to be a silencer on the ship somewhere, I'll let you know if I find it again.
    There is a silencer somewhere on the ship. If it's not with Jensen's stuff, then it must be in one of the bulkheads where the soldiers keep their stuff. I just can't remember where exactly, but it should be even before you reach the upper deck.

Originally Posted by JCDentonMale
    It is displayed at $14.99 on my Steam. Way too expensive for content that has been removed from the original game. Those who got it for $8 or $10 were maybe just lucky.
    How do you know it was removed from the original game? I haven't played it yet, but isn't the consensus that it's designed differently from the original game, reflecting the fact that EM could spend more time perfecting the HR formula, because they didn't have to make the ship date?

OMG, I'm lovin all the little secrets in his DLC.
    "Better be the right fvcking boat this time"

Rolleyes Essential Fix

Originally Posted by IdiotInAJeep
    As much as I love the look of this DLC, I want to wait until they patch the main game to allow it to be integrated seamlessly.
    I really can't stand the broken up feeling it has at the moment and it's a shame that the engine advances they made didn't allow it to be integrated into the main game.
    This is a big deal to me too.
    , makes it all the more pointless as you can't carry on with it.

This will mean they need to update the original game to make use of the advanced shadowing / graphics in the missing link. Please Eidos! Integrate them! Some integration is VERY needed.

Welp, I finished The Missing Link, took me just under 6 1/2 hours.
    It was alright, but definitely not worth the price of £9 (Which I didn't have to pay anyway, my account glitched when I was paying and I ended up getting it for free!)
    But anyway, no, I don't think it works that well as a stand alone piece of content, it should have been in the game. Regardless, there were a few things that it improved upon compared to the main game:

+
    Lighting (Obviously. Makes the graphics look abit edgier)
    Character development
    Map diversity (Sort of, there was alot of improvement with like all of the vent systems)
    Burke's golden revolver
    Burke's picture of JJB (I lol'd)
    It was longer than I actually thought it'd be
    Little throwbacks to the original
    New loading screens (Scanners, that's what they basically are right, loading screens?
    You actually had to work to find the secret stuff
    Lots of backstory referencing the problem going on in Australia (I really liked this little extra bit. FUTURE AUSTRALIA DLC PERHAPS?
    Little bit of backstory to the Hyron girls

-
    AI. (I walked right infront of 3 guards through my playthrough and they just stood there and went about their day)
    Boss encounter. (It's improved compared to the main game, but, again, it's still only the option to knock Burke out. I don't really know why this bothers me, I mean in the original, it was either kill them or sneak/glitch past them. Basically I think I'd have liked a little dialogue option with him)
    Conversation cut-scenes (The camera glitches the out, it just spazzes about abit and resets each characters movement. Really annoying)

But yeah, I enjoyed it, but I don't think it's worth £9. Then again, I think my judgement on it might be hindered by the fact I went through the whole thing using nothing but takedowns, not getting any weapons or praxis points trying to get that achievement, only to remember just after I fought Burke, that back at the start of the DLC, I'd accidentally thrown a grenade whilst trying to remember the controls
    Oh and, if at all possible, it'd work much better as DLC if it was patched into the main game...

And again, MONTREAL DLC PLEASE

This DLC is SICK!! the situation whan you have a conversation with a prisoner and you can not save her .after that she starts to cry is so emotional for me.I felt so angry I couldnt help her at that stage. Also the office when you first meet the whistleblover scientist and when you read her computer and that poor human being is begging you to end her life. Very sick moment!! aslo the machine operating the spine !! it was amazing! touching! and SICK ! I did not finished it so far but will beat it today.Cant wait to play it again. excellent job EM!!! also JJB in Commanders Office

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I didn't read through the whole thread. I've yet to play the game and was wondering if this dlc impacts the original game? In other words is this something you select in the menu or is it integrated into the game if you start from the beginning?

Originally Posted by baker269
    I'm sorry if this has been answered but I didn't read through the whole thread. I've yet to play the game and was wondering if this dlc impacts the original game? In other words is this something you select in the menu or is it integrated into the game if you start from the beginning?
    It's a separate option in the main menu - "Downloadable content"
    Though in my opinion, it should have been implemented into the game.

25. Originally Posted by kalms
    Then you, per definition, don't support the franchise. Your call, but you're missing out on something great.

- and don't be stupid. Eidos is a company, and as such it needs to make money. If you keep delaying a game, you risk the life of the entire company and franchise. EM couldn't do that. If this DLC helps avoid that, then by all means give me more!

Seriously, though. Give me more.
    It is not stupid to be against that kind of player milking. However it is stupid to pretend that I am stupid.

Page 32 of 40 First First ... 22282930313233343536 ... Last