Thread: Cid and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon DS+

Cid and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon DS+

OK, so the full title equates to something like Cid and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: Time-Forgotten Labyrinth DS+, but this is a Japanese exclusive port of the Wii Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon to the Nintendo DS... that actually happens to have more things in it. There's at least one extra job for Chocobo (which was voted on by Japanese Square Enix Members!) and an entirely new "Cidventure" scenario.

I'm not holding my breath to see a localized version of the DS+ version this since I'm content with having imported stuff, but I thought I'd let you guys know that it exists!

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+
    OK, so the full title equates to something like Cid and Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon: Time-Forgotten Labyrinth DS+, but this is a Japanese exclusive port of the Wii Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon to the Nintendo DS... that actually happens to have more things in it. There's at least one extra job for Chocobo (which was voted on by Japanese Square Enix Members!) and an entirely new "Cidventure" scenario.

I'm not holding my breath to see a localized version of the DS+ version this since I'm content with having imported stuff, but I thought I'd let you guys know that it exists!
    Was it better than the Wii version?

The Wii version was interesting in many ways...I enjoyed it at first at least.

Honestly, I never played the Wii version since I didn't have one back when it was released. But I do think that it's one of those games that lends itself well to a portable.

Other than the added content and the change of system, I can't think of anything that's glaringly different between the Wii and the DS version.

I have the Wii version. Slightly less content, but it's in English, so I don't mind.

Rather than having this game translated I'd much rather them do Chocobo Tales 2: The Witch, the Girl, and the Five Heroes. This sequel to Chocobo tales for the DS has no English translation whatsoever. I imported it, but I can't bring myself to enjoy it in Japanese.

Chocobo Dungeon 1 for the PSX could also use a translation, though the story in that game can be understood almost entirely by body language, so once you learn the menus, it's fun.

I actually read about this a while back, and was brought down by the fact it didn't get ported, It looks fun and I've never played a chocobo's dungeon, but I'd be so game for this coming to America so I could enjoy more chocobo fun outside of Chocobo Tales.

I missed out on the Wii version, since I didn't have a Wii. And now it's expensive/hard to find. :/ Hard to justify over $40 for a game so old.

Shame there was a DS version with more stuff that we never got.

Anybody want to do a pop up duel?