Thread: Nexus the Jupiter Incident 2

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander

Nexus the Jupiter Incident 2

Way back in the early days of 2004 a little tech demo came out called IG3. I was stunned to say the least. It displayed some of the most awesome visuals for a space game. It was being done by a developer called Mithis. Due to some issues Mithis left the original publisher (CDV) and went with HDi as a publisher and released the game as Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. It was a wonderful game and I rank it as one of my favorite games. A planned sequel trailer was released which really rocks the house but unfortunately the original game did not sell and the sequel was abandoned. Fans hearts were crushed but now there is new hope. Recently there was this announcement.

"We're happy to put a large chunk of our own resources into making Nexus 2", said Horneman, "but realistically we cannot fund the whole project ourselves. So, with GamesPlant, we can offer all our fans out there a chance to be part of the Nexus 2 project. The more you pledge, the more you will benefit; from digital pre-orders, through special boxed editions and your name included in the game, right up to profitsharing; everyone can be a part of this."

The GamesPlant site allows users to "pledge" funds to projects, with the money only actually deducted if the project meets its start criteria. If Most Wanted's Nexus 2 plan succeeds, it will be the largest game ever started on the site.
    You can find more info on the game as well as the funding details here: http://www.games-plant.com/nexus2/

The trailer from a couple of years back. Still worth a look and still awesome.

What, no love for this awesome game?

I did watch the video when you first posted this, but didn't have anything to reply other than simply "cool!".

So......wow, that looks cool!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Its highly anticipated by a few. That is so sad for a well made game but I'm hoping this goes through and that it is made. It needs to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I did watch the video when you first posted this, but didn't have anything to reply other than simply "cool!".

So......wow, that looks cool!
    Same as me, so...cool.
    signature image

Looks like things are looking up. It should be hitting Kickstarter later today.

New artwork is up and the kickstarter is live.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...aken?ref=email

That sounds a bit like it's taken from or content from 'Battlezone 1&2'. If you actually search this stuff there's real stuff supporting a lot of other stuff about stuff. Ha ha. They never made 'Battlezone 3' either. Must be in a 'classified' struggle may be. They have this law that no 'alien stuff' can be news.
    XZX WAS HERE

Ok guys, time for the big one...

In cockpit P.O.V.?

That was talked about and something the dev wanted to add in a sequel. It was from an interview but I forget which site.

I got Driber's opinion. What do you all think of my video?