Thread: Can't get 3D to work, would like to know best settings also for PC

Can't get 3D to work, would like to know best settings also for PC

Can't get 3D to work, would like to know best settings also for PC

Hi all,

Before anyone makes a comment about this thread, allow me to verify in advance, I do not play PC games. This is the first I've bought since Summoner and Red Faction nigh on ten years ago now. So, if you'd all be so kind, I'm having a few technical difficulties if you'd be able to help.

First of all the only reason I even ordered Deus Ex for PC was because I have a 40 inch 3DTV and I really want to make the most out of it. I enjoy 3D content. But the little tick box just won't let me click it to display in 3D.

My computer is connected to my 3DTV via a HDMI 1.4 cable, my computer has a 3.2GHz AMD Phenom II Quad Core Processor, 4GB Dual Channel 1666MHz Corsair RAM and a 1GB Radeon ATI HD 5770 graphics card so it should be able to run it in 3D right? What am I missing here?

Also, I'd like to run it on the best settings, so based on this information, what do you recommend I should set the anti-aliasing, texture filtering, shadows, SSAO and DOF? Also, should I enable triple buffering?

Many thanks.

Okay, so I found a fix for getting 3D to work.

Since I'm using a 3DTV, it has to be connected via HDMI 1.4 cable to the graphics card slot, not the one from the mobo, if you're offered that choice.

Secondly, you need to go to the AMD website, update video drivers and download every single update and install them, apart from the language packs.

Then go to google, search in AMD 3D and it'll take you to the site where you'll get information on which AMD graphics cards can support the 3D and which monitors/TV's do too. I have a Samsung LE407C50 so I'm good but be warned, not a lot of displays are supported...

Also the frame rate takes a hit, my system can only run it in 1080p at 24fps. You've seen my system specs, there must be a reason for it. Either way I'd still like recommendations on the best settings to play.

1080 at 24fps is the maximum refresh rate that HDMI1.4 supports for 3D data. HDMI 1.4 only supports 720p at 60fps.