Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Glitched Into A Streetlamp As Riku :(

Glitched Into A Streetlamp As Riku :(

Hi, I' just created an account here because Kingdom Hearts is my favorite video game franchise, alongside Mario and Zelda. I've been playing it even since the day it released on the PS2 back 10 years ago. So after I got DDD a few weeks ago with the pre-order, I just wanted to post something I've ran into midway through the main game and can't find a way to get out of.

You see, I just ran through all 3 second-tier worlds (The Grid, Notre Dame, and Prankster's Paradise/Monstro). After all that, I got a cutscene of Yen Sid talking about Xehanort and then was prompted to go back to Traverse Town at the world map. So I go back as Sora, run into the TWEWY characters again, everything goes smoothly. However, when I drop to Riku and visit, I get another cutscene with Joshua and then dash onto the streetlamp where Sora first learned Flowmotion. This is where things get out of hand for me.

I try jumping off the streetlamp only to find that there's some kind of invisible platform halfway up it that I'm stuck on. I try moving, and even though Riku goes through the running animation, he's completely stuck in place. I try dashing and jumping off the streetlamp again, but to no avail. Then I attempt dashing and dashing, or my Flowmotion attacks off of the streetlamp. I go through all my moves, and nothing gets Riku unstuck.

My guess is that there's some kind of polygon error; Riku's forehead is running into the light branching off the pole, so I'm taking a shot in the dark when I say that it was built around Sora's model, being a tad shorter than Riku. Which means that now, even when I quit and return, I'm still stuck there.

If anyone knows anything I can do, PLEASE, feel free to leave a response. I'd more than appreciate it.

My little brother had that same problem as sora, but I was able to get him out of it by dashing into one of the bigger nightmares that happened to attack in that area (instead of the flowmotion keeping sora on the streetlamp, it allowed him to spin around the nightmare instead, and that let him escape from that glitch). If the dream eaters attack you in that area, then that same fix should work for you too. I hope it helps.

(@Ryutim) Thanks a ton. I'll boot it up and pray that a Dream Eater shows up. If so, you have my gratitude. :P

E: Just tried it out, and unfortunately, nothing will spawn in the area. Unless anyone knows a way to escape this glitch or has a save data I can borrow from someone, it looks like I might have to start over.

I had gotten stuck here too, what I did to get unstuck was to let my self get defeted by the nightmares and then respawn, and that got me unstuck. I had activated a portal to get the dream eaters to show up.

(@asxLights) Uh... I actually don't know how to set up portals TBH. Could you tell me how?

Originally Posted by registered_person

(@asxLights) Uh... I actually don't know how to set up portals TBH. Could you tell me how?

Actually when I was stuck there was a portal already there, I didn't place one.

(@askLights) Oh-- well then. Is there any other option than just restarting? I can't really progress much further without Riku.

If the portal that asxLights is talking about isn't from another person, then odds are good that it'll come up if you drop back and forth enough times (assuming that we're all talking about the same area). Maybe you should try it and find out, other than that, I don't really have any ideas, sorry.

(@Ryutim) It's alright. I appreciate the suggestion; I'll drop a dozen times or two and see if things work out. If not, then I'm still greatful for the help both of you have given.

Hope you're able to get unstuck! I remember freaking out when it happened to me.

I'm glad I could help another gamer, and I really hope you're able to get out of it. Oh, one more thing, if you have a friend who has the game, you could probably have him/her create a portal at the spot where you're stuck, then you could access it and either get killed or get out, whichever works, sorry, I should have thought of that earlier. Good luck.

I have tried everything to get free, even dropping to Riku but when I came back to Sora, I was still on that damn pole.

I hope SE is planning to patch this. While they are at it, I can barely hear the damn game without headphones, they could crank up the volume a few notches in that patch.

Anyone else have this problem (it seems common if you Google it).

First, there's already a thread here. Please use the search function before creating a duplicate thread.
    Second, some 3DSs have a problem with the volume switch that makes it not register that the volume is on until it's halfway up. I'm assuming that's your problem because I often find DDD is so loud it makes my speakers crackle.

Originally Posted by Basho
    First, there's already a thread here. Please use the search function before creating a duplicate thread. Second, some 3DSs have a problem with the volume switch that makes it not register that the volume is on until it's halfway up. I'm assuming that's your problem because I often find DDD is so loud it makes my speakers crackle.

First, unless you are a mod, don't tell me how to post.

Second, I have two 3DS's and the volume is low on both of them and naturally since I can barely hear them, the volume is all the way up when I play the game.

Then maybe it's a glitch with the game, rather than the system. As for how to get off the lamp pole, either dying or using flowmotion on a large dream eater seem to be the only ways to get off of it, but I might be wrong. Anyway, like Basho said, there's another thread about this subject, so if you want to read a more detailed conversation about it, I suggest you check it out, and we aren't telling you how to post, we're just mentioning that there's another place to find this information, without waiting for people to come on and type it all out again, and that makes things easier for everyone.

Originally Posted by Ryutim

Then maybe it's a glitch with the game, rather than the system. As for how to get off the lamp pole, either dying or using flowmotion on a large dream eater seem to be the only ways to get off of it, but I might be wrong. Anyway, like Basho said, there's another thread about this subject, so if you want to read a more detailed conversation about it, I suggest you check it out, and we aren't telling you how to post, we're just mentioning that there's another place to find this information, without waiting for people to come on and type it all out again, and that makes things easier for everyone.

Actually, Basho is telling me how to post:

First, there's already a thread here. Please use the search function before creating a duplicate thread.

Also, I really dislike people who come in and ignorantly say "It's your system, not the game". If Basho knew what the he was talking about, he would have known that there are many complaints about this problem all over. All it takes is Google.

Is it hard for you to understand that this forum has guidelines, and one of them mentions to avoid creating duplicate threads? Besides, what's the point of insulting others? It serves no purpose.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Originally Posted by Crono1973
    Also, I really dislike people who come in and ignorantly say "It's your system, not the game". If Basho knew what the he was talking about, he would have known that there are many complaints about this problem all over. All it takes is Google.

Actually, if you do your research you'll find that about a third of the 3DSs made during the "Ambassador" period and shortly after have a defect with the volume switch where it doesn't properly register that you're turning the volume up until the switch is between 1/3 and 1/2 of the way up (this problem is more frequent with the blue ones and the Zelda ones, but still occurs in several black models). As I said, when I play DDD the volume is usually loud enough to make the speakers crackle, signifying that their volume is at their maximum potential for that frequency and this is only when the switch is at around 4/5 of the way up. So yeah, I do know "what the *** I'm talking about".

Originally Posted by Basho

Originally Posted by Crono1973

Actually, if you do your research you'll find that about a third of the 3DSs made during the "Ambassador" period and shortly after have a defect with the volume switch where it doesn't properly register that you're turning the volume up until the switch is between 1/3 and 1/2 of the way up (this problem is more frequent with the blue ones and the Zelda ones, but still occurs in several black models). As I said, when I play DDD the volume is usually loud enough to make the speakers crackle, signifying that their volume is at their maximum potential for that frequency and this is only when the switch is at around 4/5 of the way up. So yeah, I do know "what the *** I'm talking about".

No, did you ask what type of 3DS I had before you went with "a small percentage have audio issues and that must be your problem".

One third is not a small percentage, even if that's just counting the older models, and my 3DS has the same problem, so it's a fair point.

Originally Posted by Ryutim

One third is not a small percentage, even if that's just counting the older models, and my 3DS has the same problem, so it's a fair point.

That means 2/3 of 3DS's don't have that problem. My two 3DS are red and purple and you know, if I could barely hear ALL games then I wouldn't be here talking about it.

Basho and Ryutim are just trying to be helpful, there is no need to jump down their throats. A simple "My two 3DS aren't those colors and the problem only occurs when playing this game" would have sufficed. Basho probably thought that that was the most likely problem because 1/3 of people having it is alot of people and would have offered you other possible solutions if you had responded nicely instead of creating an argument. What reason do you have to be offended if Basho thought it might be your system anyways? I don't like it when people assume things either but you responded like it was a personal insult.

Originally Posted by imported_Andrea

Basho and Ryutim are just trying to be helpful, there is no need to jump down their throats. A simple "My two 3DS aren't those colors and the problem only occurs when playing this game" would have sufficed. Basho probably thought that that was the most likely problem because 1/3 of people having it is alot of people and would have offered you other possible solutions if you had responded nicely instead of creating an argument. What reason do you have to be offended if Basho thought it might be your system anyways? I don't like it when people assume things either but you responded like it was a personal insult.

1/3 is not as many people as 2/3 so why would anyone think that it is more likely than not? It's really just simple math. I wouldn't be HERE talking about it if every game had low volume. Stop and think about it for just a second before you hammer on your keyboard.

Just forget it, no solution has been offered and it never will be at this rate.

Your problem, I think, might be the fact that every one who knows how to solve the problem you are having, beyond the general stuff, is in the techinal support discussion. You should probably try creating a thread there or calling the Nintendo 3DS tech support people. I can find there number for you if you like. Just please don't take your frusteration about your problems out on the innocent people on this thread. I really don't like it when people are mean to everyone else when they are asking other people for help and actually recieving it. I bet your attitude has made people not want to help because they don't feel like getting yelled at.

I'm having the same problem.There are no dream eaters around for them to kill me, and the link portal that is around is a level one and the dream eaters are meow wounce and they cant reach me to hit me so now I'm stuck there and I cant move on in the game with out beating travers town with riku.Some one please help me,give me another link portal or something I'm going to cry!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last