Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Game tries to load exterior after leaving LIMB, then hangs. *possible spoilers*

Game tries to load exterior after leaving LIMB, then hangs. *possible spoilers*

Game tries to load exterior after leaving LIMB, then hangs. *possible spoilers*

I'm late in the game having finished the TYM and Eliza quest chains, and now I'm back in Detroit during the rioting.
    Everything (besides the horrid load times of everything) have been working fine for me (Steam PC version) until now.

After knocking off a bad guy who'd planted a bomb for a side quest in Detroit, I went into Limb to buy a praxis kit.
    As I try to leave LIMB the load screen pops up, as it should, but then it just....forgets what it was doing and I get to read loading screen tips until I finally get fed up and hit alt+f4. The game isn't frozen, since it brings up a proper "do you want to quit" menu. I thought I might backtrack a bit and use the quicksave I set up after loading an earlier autosave that was outside of LIMB, but now that one has the issue too. The issue only popped up last night (either late on the 25th, or 1 am-ish on the 26th PDT)

I am NOT starting over, so please help me out here.

Anyway, I'm running DEHR from Steam on a Windows 7 x64 system.
    AMD Phenom 965x4 w/8gb DDR3
    eVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller. Anyone?

*Bumped in the hope of getting it seen.*

I am having the EXACT same issue at the EXACT same point in the game. Can't leave LIMB after buying Praxis kits after defusing that bomb in Detroit-pt2. And I don't have any savegames from previous, so I'm kind of at a loss. If I have to restart the game I may just never play it again, this is amazingly depressing.

Originally Posted by phreakindee
    I am having the EXACT same issue at the EXACT same point in the game. Can't leave LIMB after buying Praxis kits after defusing that bomb in Detroit-pt2. And I don't have any savegames from previous, so I'm kind of at a loss. If I have to restart the game I may just never play it again, this is amazingly depressing.
    Yes, yes, and triple yes.
    It's so, so frustrating considering I love the game and it's been great right up until that spot.
    I can get one, and only one savegame to load and it's the autosave where im already INSIDE LIMB.
    So, that's pretty awesome. Detroit LIMB clinic...you're my entire gameworld. *highfive*

FIX please!

So, if I only get to play 60-75% of my game does Eidos then owe me a 25-40% refund?

I am stuck at a similar place (just past the LIMB clinic, but like you, at ch 12) and am experiencing the same problem. Since the game is unplayable (unless you don't die, which can be hard) I guess we have to wait for them to release a patch.

Who the hell was QA on this one?

Who indeed? There are more than just a few issues with the game, there are TONS.
    I'm lucky in that - until it rendered my game unplayable -- I at least didn't have issues with stuttering and the like.
    I mean, reloading when I'd die or mess something up was a chore. Generally I had time to walk away from my PC and do something else for a bit before it's even pop back up.

I just want to finish the content that I paid for, rather than feel like I'm pissing it away on a defective product that I can't return.

Same problem, have not stuck @ LIMB.

But the non loading save games started just after disarming the bomb in the sewer.
    Aug edition (retail, both dlc)

Not sure if related, but outside (i think near police station) there is a punk floating 5 cm of the floor arms spread.
    Also another one with his arm in the wall in the sewer near the entrance.

Tried again to play some Deus Ex today. Save games still refuse to load.

I tried enabling/disabling steam cloud.
    I verified the game cache (which completed successfully)
    I defragmented the local files as well. There was little to no fragmentation.

I am convinced that the solution to the problems listed in this thread now relies on some action or patch from Ubisoft.

Here are my system stats,

i7-980x on a x58 motherboard
    GTX 580 (single, not SLI), with Forceware 280.26.
    I have a SSD used as a boot drive, but Steam (and thus the local files) currently reside on a RAID-0 stripe of standard WD Blue 1gb drives.
    I am running in 1920x1200 full-screen mode. (16:10 aspect ratio)

Because of previous rendering errors, I am playing in DX9 mode.

I don't expect a response Sunday night, but I would be very appreciative if this issue could be addressed. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far, I am not likely to start from scratch all over again. Thanks in advance for your responses!

I made my own post about this then someone pointed me to this thread. Anyways the following is my experience.

I'm at the part just after you leave the convention center. I've tried the load after you leave the building, my quicksave, and the next auto save when you enter the sewers looking for a bomb.

I'm using the following specs:

Windows 7
    Nvidia GTX 470
    6 gigs of RAM
    Intel i7 920
    Creative SB X-Fi Fatality

I loaded the 4th save, which was before I initiated the conversation with Taggart. I was able to load and continue playing the game. I got through the same things I did before, got to the sewers and had to load after I was spotted. I'm in the same position as before, none of the loads after I leave the building are working. It seems I am going to have to play the entire sequence without having to load and get to some spot in the future where hopefully it will work again.

After playing through and getting past the sewers I was able to save and load again, however as I entered the apartment looking for my next quest target it broke again. I am not sure what causes this to happen but it seems to be specific times and not specific locations. I was saving and loading above ground AFTER I left the sewers, but saves in the same place before I entered were broken. I have saved and loaded while in the apartment building that I am in, and now it is broken. I'm honestly at a loss, most of the time bugs have some sort of rhyme or reason but right now I can't see what that is.

This is pretty much as guess but it seems to have worked,
    As i mentioned before i saw 2 flying punks one near the police station and near the entrance of the sewer.
    I took them both out (with take down since it seems to move them).

Later in
    also seemed to cause this problem,
    So i dragged there bodies around till they got unstuck from the floor.

I have yet to have another issue like this again, but as i said this could be placebo.

Unhappy

Same issue I am having as listed by others, at the same point as well, during the riots. My previous saves worked once, but after I had quick saved just before going into the LIMB clinic, now previous auto-save and my quick save just hang. I had just finished the "Smash the State" quest and was working on the second part of the main quest when I had decided to grab some paraxis. Its driving me insane!

i7 920 2.8ghz
    6gb RAM
    150GB Raptor HD
    ATI Radeon 5850
    Vista 64-bit

Maybe we could get a mod to change the name to "Ch 12 wont load at all".

We all are experiencing the same issue, albeit at slightly different points within Chapter 12. This issue is catastrophic. It either requires a save from an (much earlier load) or the play-through to start over again. It seems that many people posting on the forums isn't this far into the game. However, I have the sneaking suspicion that this problem is something that is going to be have to addressed fairly soon ;

Since the bug popped up on Saturday night (I went out drinking the previous night and didn't play anything), I haven't been able to play. It would be nice to at least have the issue addressed by someone at Ubisoft.

Originally Posted by Gudzenheit
    Maybe we could get a mod to change the name to "Ch 12 wont load at all".

We all are experiencing the same issue, albeit at slightly different points within Chapter 12. This issue is catastrophic. It either requires a save from an (much earlier load) or the play-through to start over again. It seems that many people posting on the forums isn't this far into the game. However, I have the sneaking suspicion that this problem is something that is going to be have to addressed fairly soon ;

Since the bug popped up on Saturday night (I went out drinking the previous night and didn't play anything), I haven't been able to play. It would be nice to at least have the issue addressed by someone at Ubisoft.
    I think if we can keep this at the front of the forums it will help get noticed faster. Eventually there will be ALOT more folks getting this issue as time progresses and they get further into the game. I could start back towards the end of Ch.11 and bypass the LIMB clinic but I figure it would be best to wait till its patched then continue. So I am starting a different play through .

Wow I just posted about this, I am having the same problem. xbox user here. Epic fail, this is my only day off to play the game for the next few weeks (and foreseeable future )

Originally Posted by sandos386
    Wow I just posted about this, I am having the same problem. xbox user here. Epic fail, this is my only day off to play the game for the next few weeks (and foreseeable future )
    Huh...the issues in Xbox as well? Interesting...suppose I shouldn't be too surprised yet I am. Must be something in the underlying code that isn't specific to platform...wonder why more users haven't had the issue then...all Xbox hardware is basically the same...guess time will tell.

Originally Posted by roguehelix
    Huh...the issues in Xbox as well? Interesting...suppose I shouldn't be too surprised yet I am. Must be something in the underlying code that isn't specific to platform...wonder why more users haven't had the issue then...all Xbox hardware is basically the same...guess time will tell.
    I was just about to ask if any PS3 people were having problems.. I can understand PC gamers having problems since there is an infinite amount of different system combinations that could cause problems(mostly with video and play back issues). I feel that this will become a much bigger problem down the road, I assume like most of you I got the game the day it came out and put in a damn good amount of time.(at least 20 hours here) Wait another week or two , or after the price a price drop for more people to catch up and or buy the game. I usually don't buy games on release because of things like this & waiting a few weeks can save you some money!

Originally Posted by sandos386
    I was just about to ask if any PS3 people were having problems.. I can understand PC gamers having problems since there is an infinite amount of different system combinations that could cause problems(mostly with video and play back issues). I feel that this will become a much bigger problem down the road, I assume like most of you I got the game the day it came out and put in a damn good amount of time.(at least 20 hours here) Wait another week or two , or after the price a price drop for more people to catch up and or buy the game. I usually don't buy games on release because of things like this & waiting a few weeks can save you some money!
    The rendering problem that some PC players are experiencing is not related to this issue. This issue is the refusal of the game to load save games/continue past a hung loading screen around chapter 12. It is possible that xbox and PS3 players might experience these issues to, depending on how their respective files are saved.

I know that some games have the same type of save file across multiple platforms; a good example of this is Borderlands.

In any case, I am doing my best to keep this thread active, without having to use the "B word". It would be nice if the people experiencing these issues could finish their game...

Originally Posted by Gudzenheit
    The rendering problem that some PC players are experiencing is not related to this issue. This issue is the refusal of the game to load save games/continue past a hung loading screen around chapter 12. It is possible that xbox and PS3 players might experience these issues to, depending on how their respective files are saved.

I know that some games have the same type of save file across multiple platforms; a good example of this is Borderlands.

In any case, I am doing my best to keep this thread active, without having to use the "B word". It would be nice if the people experiencing these issues could finish their game...
    Well the issue isn't saved games, it is what is loading. I experianced this issue origianlly not from a saved game but from trying to exit the LIMB clinic. Something that is loading, something triggered is causing it to stick in an infinate loop. I was able to load once from a "Previous auto-save" but it then stopped working. I'm not saying it couldn't have something to do with the save features but I think those are just symptoms rather then cause.

Same Ch 12 problem here. Mine is when I try to leave the convention center. And my only earlier save that is before there is Ch 9. Anyone have any ideas?

Same problem here too. PC version.

Happens in Chapter 12, trying to leave the convention centre. I have two saves in the convention centre; one having publically called the guy out, one having snuck into his computer. Both saves freeze when leaving convention centre; infinite loop, not actually 'frozen' since when you use task manager to quit the game brings up an exit dialogue.

Don't have a suitable earlier save to use to try and work around it, has effectively halted all my progress in the game. Would like to see some sort of word from Eidos about this.

Originally Posted by Catalase
    Same problem here too. PC version.

Happens in Chapter 12, trying to leave the convention centre. I have two saves in the convention centre; one having publically called the guy out, one having snuck into his computer. Both saves freeze when leaving convention centre; infinite loop, not actually 'frozen' since when you use task manager to quit the game brings up an exit dialogue.

Don't have a suitable earlier save to use to try and work around it, has effectively halted all my progress in the game. Would like to see some sort of word from Eidos about this.
    Interesting...same chapter but differet area...I wonder if there is something with the rioting changes to the map that cause the issue...

What other quests have you completed if any at all?

Originally Posted by roguehelix
    Interesting...same chapter but differet area...I wonder if there is something with the rioting changes to the map that cause the issue...

What other quests have you completed if any at all?

I also have it while exiting the convention center in Chapter 12. I've completed the mission where you talk to the senile lady and I think that's the only side quest that I did.

+1 chapter 12 loading

Just gonna +1 this. chapter 12, all saves broken, stuck in loading forever and cant continue with the game.

played on PC, bought through steam. Please fix

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last