Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: DX & DXHR - Awesome references/nods, easter eggs etc (SPOILERS Inside)

DX & DXHR - Awesome references/nods, easter eggs etc (SPOILERS Inside)

DX & DXHR - Awesome references/nods, easter eggs etc (SPOILERS Inside)

Been playing a lot the past couple days, I have to say I'm really enjoying all the Deus Ex references. But what made my day (night...) was an email on a computer in Picus was a different kind of reference - I have to say I agree with Jimmy's assessment of "Todd Jackson".

I am loving this game! Thanks guys.

Amen.

Listen to the radios scattered around - you will hear snippets of music from the DX1 soundtrack. I've heard the UNATCO HQ theme, Lebedev Airfield theme, and a piece of a combat theme from someplace or other.

Very cool little easter-eggy tidbits all around.

One obscure one that particularly tickled my funny bone, seen on the news ticker on a television:

"Nin-la Conglomerate third quarter report: sales of Lemon-Lime triple; Orange down 37%."

I love the Mitnick references :-).

The only one I remember clearly now(since I just saw it) was the Robocop reference.

There's a "The Big Lebowski" reference, involving a rug lol.

Did you guys hear the intercom in the Police Station calling for "Officer Deckard"?

Homage to the game's cyber-punk Blade Runner routes?
    >ICARUS FOUND YOU!!!
    >>RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Originally Posted by Sponge
    One obscure one that particularly tickled my funny bone, seen on the news ticker on a television:

"Nin-la Conglomerate third quarter report: sales of Lemon-Lime triple; Orange down 37%."
    I couldn't stop giggling when I read that.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Final Fantasy XXVII poster in Pritchard's office.

Originally Posted by jjc
    Final Fantasy XXVII poster in Pritchard's office.
    I couldn't help but think the monitors arrange the way they are, are meant to mock this game's multiple monitor support. It just looks ridiculous.

The FF XXVII poster is found in other places too.

I've noticed the number 802.11 or 802-11 a lot. I thought this was strange.

Found an email that repeats the "reminder to all personnel" about radiation & urinalysis tests that you hear during the intro to Half-Life riding in on the train

Originally Posted by Black-Xero
    The only one I remember clearly now(since I just saw it) was the Robocop reference.
    Robocop was set in Detroit.

Give back that stapler, Jim.

I also liked the "We're not going back to Detroit. We're going to Montreal." "What!?" "I'll explain en route."

What I really, really enjoyed was the E-Mail from Sarif to the factory manager where he said, "...and we can really hit this one out of the park."

That's exactly the kind of cliche that a CEO would use.

Originally Posted by Sponge
    Found an email that repeats the "reminder to all personnel" about radiation & urinalysis tests that you hear during the intro to Half-Life riding in on the train
    There's also another email about decathlon semi-finals "Remember, more lives than your own may depend on your fitness!"

Human Revolution follows DX1's template *SPOILERS*

This game gave me such a great feeling of nostalgia that I couldn't help but feel comparisons between DX:HR and DX1.

-Both games have you beginning in a large American city - New York City vs Detroit.
    -Both games have you begin with your 'mentor' giving you a choice of what weapon you want to begin the game with. There are 4 choices.
    -Both games' first mission has the police under orders to hold back as you, the test subject, undergo the mission alone. The mission ends with the terrorist leader spouting rhetoric. You can kill him if you want to.
    -Both games' second 'hub' city is a location in China plagued by Triads. The main nightclub is located here.
    -Both games' third location is a French-speaking major metropolitan city.
    -Both games have a late-game Martial Law being declared and the police will shoot you on sight. There are civilians to watch out for.
    -One of the Triads is led by a man named Tong. He's really into augmentation. You essentially enlist their aid but first you must do a quest for them. The other known Triad is a bunch of baddies. The third Triad is unnamed.
    -The major antagonists (MJ12/FEMA andor Illuminati) major hideout is located underneath the first major hub city.
    -After you're done with the two major "hub" cities, you're sent through a series of different locations with more combat/sneaking and much much less civilian interaction.
    -The final area is introduced by the flying of a large ballistic missile.
    -The "boss" enemies consist of a brute (Gunther/Barrett), a bloodthirsty woman (Anna/Federova), and an arrogant leader-figure (Simons/Namir). The last is fought in a facility focused around going underwater.
    -An underwater facility exists where pretty much everyone is dead.
    -The ultimate "boss" baddie is the head of a multinational corporation and a public figure. They're hooked up to some giant apotheosis machine. You "fight" them while they're plugged into this machine.
    -The end consists of you having to choose between embracing uncontrolled technology, sending technology into a Dark Age, and handing the world over to the Illuminati. Bonus for DX:HR having the DX:IW option of ***itall blow up everything!

An autopsy report signed by a Gregory H.

Originally Posted by cachx
    An autopsy report signed by a Gregory H.
    That completely flew by my head until you pointed it out.

I think the out of service elevator in Jensons apartment is a reference to the Ton. I also heard guards talking about "Getting the wrong kind of soda". <3 the game so far. Nearing the end

Random people on the streets whistling the Deus Ex theme.

And is that just me, or is the radio moderator Three-Dog? Every time I hear him speaking, I wait for him to go talk about the Capital Wasteland...

I loved hearing the first Deus Ex's "Unatco theme" on the radio by that talk show host in the first mission "manufacturing plant".

Originally Posted by Absolutionis
    This game gave me such a great feeling of nostalgia that I couldn't help but feel comparisons between DX:HR and DX1.[snip]
    Whoa, let's try to keep this thread spoiler-free

Don't forget to stay out of the Ladies Room

Pritchard scolding you for going into the ladies room
    An E-Mail from M. Everett
    Lemon Lime and Orange Soda
    Final Fantasty Posters across the World
    Robocop Reference in the Police Station

And last but not least... the Daedalus reference near the finale.

EDIT: Lucius DeBeers

Not so much an Easter Egg reference to the original or IW, but did anyone else get a chuckle when they noticed Adam's apartment building number is 420?

If ya don't get the reference, Google is your friend.
    For when you're too lazy to repost your side of an argument/discussion: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=115406

Originally Posted by Boradam
    Pritchard scolding you for going into the ladies room
    An E-Mail from M. Everett
    Lemon Lime and Orange Soda
    Final Fantasty Posters across the World
    Robocop Reference in the Police Station

And last but not least... the Daedalus reference near the finale.

EDIT: Lucius DeBeers
    I saw the Morgan Everett email. I also noticed a reference to Elizabeth DuClare on the newscast (Nicolette's mother). Where did you see a reference to Lucius DeBeers?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last