Thread: Is eidos putting copyright strikes for videos of deus ex?

Is eidos putting copyright strikes for videos of deus ex?

Is eidos putting copyright strikes for videos of deus ex?

I noticed on youtube alot of people are getting copyright strikes for putting some videos of game up. Its mostly the start or first part of the game and parts with in cut scenes . Im wondering if this is eidos who does not want people promoting there game or in fact false strikes from just random people flagging videos. If it is you putting these strikes im wondering what you have against video playthroughs and commentaries

Youtubing Copyright strikes

Hey Eidos could you please tell me if you are placing copyright strikes on youtubers first videos of

Deus Ex: Human Revolution on for example SSohpkc so if you could please reply as soon as posible

Concerning copyright-strikes against SSoHPKC on Youtube (Trolls or an actual reason?)

It recently came to my attention, that a partner of Machinima and MachinimaRespawn-Director on Youtube received a copyright strike for the first part of his playthrough of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. What I'd like to know ist, whether Eidos Montreal actually flagged this video or if this is just the work of a troll again.
    If this copyright strike had in fact NOT been administered by Eidos Montreal, I'm sure the User would greatly appreciate, if this was cleared up.
    This is not a trivial matter. Youtube administers copyright strikes without verifying whether or not the person flagging the video is the actual owner of the content. When 3 copyright strikes are given, the channel is down. For people like SSoHPKC (the respawn-director I am talking about) this would mean not only the loss of a precious hobby, but also severe damage to their income.
    Furthermore, if there really is an internet troll out there, pretending to be Eidos Montreal, I think the company would like to clear that up.

Now, I'd greatly appreciate, if any members of the staff or maybe someone with a connection to Eidos Montreal could respond to this. Thank you in advance -JesterOnCrack

This is the link to his channel: SSoHPKC http://www.youtube.com/user/SSoHPKC

I've only seen the copyright issue on part 1/many video's and only on very popular channels, there are dozens and dozens of let's plays and walkthroughs that haven't had their part #1 removed. From that I would presume its trolls doing it but posting to tag the thread to see if its properly addressed.
    "Whatever blows your hair back."

Hopefully this will be resolved rather quickly

Originally Posted by JesterOnCrack
    This is not a trivial matter. Youtube administers copyright strikes without verifying whether or not the person flagging the video is the actual owner of the content. When 3 copyright strikes are given, the channel is down. For people like SSoHPKC (the respawn-director I am talking about) this would mean not only the loss of a precious hobby, but also severe damage to their income.

This is the link to his channel: SSoHPKC http://www.youtube.com/user/SSoHPKC
    LOL, well they shouldn't offend copyright in the first place then.
    Dwight Schrute: Every weekend I volunteer at the local animal shelter and they need a lot of help down there. Last Sunday I had to put down a hundred and fifty pets by myself.

i contacted Eidos Interactive's PR e-mail and asked them for permission to record however they requested i do not give away the storyline/plot/

I guess this means we need to make gameplays from within the game at random moments insted of just playing thought and recording.

its understandable for eidos to do this, they want people to consume the product so ban people from spoilers, (wouldnt you do the same if you was a company whom had been working for 4 years on the reboot of this project?)

I just wish Eidos could provide more outlines/rules/regulations then id be happy to work with them too.