Thread: Pre-Ordered Augmented Edition from Amazon (others?) No Pre-Order Bonus Codes - HELP?

Pre-Ordered Augmented Edition from Amazon (others?) No Pre-Order Bonus Codes - HELP?

Pre-Ordered Augmented Edition from Amazon (others?) No Pre-Order Bonus Codes - HELP?

&

Help?!?!?!

I have read numerous posts about people that have Pre-Ordered DE:HR Augmented Edition from Amazon, (maybe some other locations as well) expecting the Pre-Oder Tactical Enhancement Pack Bonus.

Could someone tell me if I'm crazy?
    The game I ordered was the Augmented Edition. Same price after release as the pre-order price.
    My thinking is that... A "Pre-Order Bonus" means, you get an extra bonus pack for PRE-ORDERING!!

Or, in the words of Ozzy, "Am I Going INSANE"???

I have read other posts of people that got the "Augmented Edition from, Gamestop I believe, and received a Bonus code. They were asking if the could get a code for the other bonus package instead. So why is Amazon shorting us?

If you have a solution, please post a reply. If you have the same problem, but no solution, post a reply anyway. If there are enough people with the same complaint, they will do something to resolve the issue.

Also, email Amazon about the problem and post a complaint with them. I don't know if this would be considered a breach of contract or not, but perhaps that is an avenue someone could answer? If so, we might be able to force Amazon to honor Eidos's intent for the pre-order bonus.

On the good side, I have run the game and am not disapointed so far! I've played almost 11 hours straight. Four hour nap and a couple meals since it arrived and I LOVE it.

Gamestop exclusive edition.

I know this much. If you wanted to pre-order the game with the Explosive mission pack, you had to pre-order through GameStop. If you wanted to pre-order the game with the Tactical enhancement pack, you had to pre-order through Amazon.com. If you missed the pre-order, or ordered without the bonus packs, I think the game is referred to as the Augmented Edition. (Yes, we found it confusing, too.) Weird side note, I got the explosive pack and my husband ordered the tactical. However, when his arrived from Amazon, he ended up with the explosive mission pack anyway. Don't know why.

I hope that helps a little bit.

Good News!

I had sent Amazon an email, explaining my problem yesterday morning and got a reply from them that they are sending the code and I should recieve it by Aug 29, 2011.

I was so relieved to get that email. I guess I'll have to re-install, or re-register it with Steam, but if it gets my bonus pack working, that's all I'm concerned about.

I don't know why they didn't just slip it in the package the shipped the game in, but I'm glad they're correcting the oversight.

Walt

I have the same problem form gamestop but with the normal edition, do I have to have the augmented editon to get it or what I'm going nuts trying to figure it out,