Thread: Should I get Deus Ex?

Should I get Deus Ex?

Should I get Deus Ex?

Yes, it's another one of those should I buy threads, but I normally don't post these on forums and I decided to play devil's advocate for once. I'm a big fan of shooter RPGs like Mass Effect and I saw that Fry's has a sale on the game for $50 for today and tomorrow. I'm really on the fence about this one, there are so many good games coming up later in the year and I would have to sacrifice one of those to get this and remain on budget. So, is this game worth sacrificing an Uncharted 3 or a RAGE down the road? I don't want to know if it's good, I can already get that from reviews. But, is it really good? And enough to replace other games I want, like the ones mentioned earlier plus Arkham City or Modern Warfare 3?

Get Deus Ex. You seem like the type of person that likes the same type of games that I do. Trust me, Deus Ex is your new favoite game. I loved Mass Effect because it reminded me of first Deus Ex.

No, you shouldn't buy deus ex. Thanks for going on the official forum to get a fair, unbiased opinion of the game.
    FACT: I am definitely without a doubt........ the Truest Fan of the Thief franchise.

Really tough choices, those are all games i also look forward to. Deus Ex is great, but so are the others, so it strongly depends on your preferences - what is most important to you? If i were you, i'd check out some "Let's play" videos on youtube. There is also the beta leak/demo, contains about 1/4 to 1/3 of the game and convinced me completely.

I've owned the game about 36 hrs and my steam is telling me I've played the game 25 hrs.... I don't even know if fallout was that hard on me. I think this is my new favorite game. Found myself walking around the house earlier unnaturally conscious of my families field of view, can't be healthy, but it is fun.

Originally Posted by Dustin B
    I've owned the game about 36 hrs and my steam is telling me I've played the game 25 hrs.... I don't even know if fallout was that hard on me. I think this is my new favorite game. Found myself walking around the house earlier unnaturally conscious of my families field of view, can't be healthy, but it is fun.
    lol, field agent in training. make sure you vote this game for GOTY

If you take my advice, swap Modern Warfare 3 for Deus Ex, DX'll overall, be a much more satisfying game to play. It's your choice though, and you can always just pick up DX1 for less than 5 pounds.
    Bob page: Your too late, I am already more than human!
    JC: Does that mean I don't get the job?

Originally Posted by BigBoss
    No, you shouldn't buy deus ex. Thanks for going on the official forum to get a fair, unbiased opinion of the game.
    I'll never understand what goes through people's minds when they suddenly decide to ask if they should buy a game in a forum or thread about the game.

Try out Deus Ex 1. If you play this game, you will most definitely appreciate Deus Ex Human Revolution. And the best thing about Deus Ex 1 is it's cheap, it can run on every computer (Or so I believe), but next to all of it, you'll get to see why we fans love the first game in the series!

Originally Posted by nenolam
    Yes, it's another one of those should I buy threads, but I normally don't post these on forums and I decided to play devil's advocate for once. I'm a big fan of shooter RPGs like Mass Effect and I saw that Fry's has a sale on the game for $50 for today and tomorrow. I'm really on the fence about this one, there are so many good games coming up later in the year and I would have to sacrifice one of those to get this and remain on budget. So, is this game worth sacrificing an Uncharted 3 or a RAGE down the road? I don't want to know if it's good, I can already get that from reviews. But, is it really good? And enough to replace other games I want, like the ones mentioned earlier plus Arkham City or Modern Warfare 3?
    "Should i get <something>?" No. If you can't figure out how to spend your *** money, no one at Eidos should be advising you. Or their fans, FFS. Either decide whether you want to spend money on a game or reality, do it, and be done with it.

sacrificing Uncharted* or Batman for anything isn't advisable lol, but you can live without MW3, that will never change, 10 games like it come out every year.
    Games like Deus Ex are seen once every 5-10 years.

That said, the only thing Deus Ex has in common with MW, is that it has guns, i'm not sure what you think DE:HR is? It isn't a straight up shooter, it also isn't as easy as forgiven as modern FPS games,

It is the best game i've played on consoles for many years and thanks to Deus Ex 2, I didn't follow the development of DE:HR, I thought it would be rubbish like Invisible war.
    It isn't though, it is worthy of the Deus Ex name.

*enjoy Uncharted, my PS3 died so I will miss it With DE:HR, Dead Island, Space Marine, F1 2011, Gears of war 3, FIFA 12, Batman, BF3, Skyrim, Saints row the third, all out this year, I wont be bothering with a PS3.

RAGE definitely won't be as good as Deus Ex, I can assure you.

I guess you can look at it this way. Deus Ex is out, and reviewed well. There are many people saying it is an excellent game and from a personal standpoint I can say this is the best game I've played in a LONG time.

So your option is you can go out and purchase a game now which you know through peer review is a great game, or you can wait for several months on games which are good in theory, which may well end up being bug ridden crap.

Is DX:HR perfect? No. But it's a hell of a lot better than any title I've played in the last year.