Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Thread for those of us yet to be able to play the game...

Thread for those of us yet to be able to play the game...

Thread for those of us yet to be able to play the game...

I figured with at least over 200,000 people out there already playing the game, we should have a thread for those of us who must yet wait to play.

Edited for a little hope:

Lmfao

Y....you mean I'm not alone?

Ahh this had me chuckling away to myself, had to finish listening to that song first before responding. I know with the Valve comp alot of people wanted the animated Portal video to win, but that one deeefinitely sums up the mood for us methinks
    'DA ROOMINOUS PAFF ARE EASY PRREEEEY.'

Yeah good ole AU, gotta wait till tomorrow. However that song shall sustain me until then.

Funnily enough I took the day off, not to play Deus Ex HR but to finish work so when DX:HR comes out I will have a small window in which to play it.
    Originally Posted by MrFoxter
    Reading news about DX:HR is like watching a soap opera. My daily amount of emotions has been exceeded.

Haha what a sad video. The glass is half full! At least this way, we can play the game all weekend without having to call in sick to work/school

Right? Right?!

When I got the DX1 demo, I didn't speak to my gf for 3 days and then it turned into an argument over who was going to play it. When I got the game a year later, I didn't speak to my gf for 3 weeks.
    signature image

;_;

We support one another. Like brothers...(and sisters).
    Play games for the story

I literally just received my Human Revolution AE through the post. 2 days early as well, it's not meant to be out till Friday in England
    IT HAS SUCH A COOL CASE.

Cool story broseph. Also, don't you just love these new guys coming in before and after the release. I find them quite amusing.

Originally Posted by sonicsidewinder
    ;_;

We support one another. Like brothers...(and sisters).

On the bright side, they are literally testing the game for us. I'll laugh my rear off if the major issues like mouse lag and diagonal running speed are fixed by the 26th.

Originally Posted by Senka
    Funnily enough I took the day off, not to play Deus Ex HR but to finish work so when DX:HR comes out I will have a small window in which to play it.
    You may want to invest in a monitor rather than a small window as it may not look to good. Just a suggestion

Hopefully my AE copy will arrive today so I can at least look at the bonus stuff on the DVD and the artbook.
    The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Oh man, I live in the middle east and it takes _ages_ for packages to arrive in here..game shipped 4 days ago but I bet its not even in the area -_-

Originally Posted by Amitush
    Oh man, I live in the middle east and it takes _ages_ for packages to arrive in here..game shipped 4 days ago but I bet its not even in the area -_-
    Ironic.

My game is being shipped from England to England and yet it still hasn't arrived.
    Yes siree, the excitement never ends.

I ordered on Amazon and as far as i can tell they would rather die then deliver early. Of all the games i have ever got from them they have all arrived on release day.
    signature image

I pre-ordered from Amazon and they haven't even dispatched it yet, but that might be because I'm an amazon prime member and get next-day shipping as standard. I'm confident I'll receive it on Friday (even taken the day off work to play it, plus it's a bank holiday on Monday, plus I have next Tuesday off so 5 day weekend, woohoo!) - I just hope it arrives early in the day. If it arrives at 5pm, I'm going to be pissed!

Depends on when you get the mail Ashpolt, around here it arrives in the early moring between 9 and 11 but then i live close to the main royal mail center in newbury.
    signature image

i wish the post would come if we are getting the game 2 days early

Originally Posted by pha
    On the bright side, they are literally testing the game for us. I'll laugh my rear off if the major issues like mouse lag and diagonal running speed are fixed by the 26th.
    Hate to be the party pooper, but that's not going to happen. Those things were both flagged in the leak months ago, and haven't been fixed. As bad as they are, I think they're probably "by design."

Originally Posted by Reven
    Depends on when you get the mail Ashpolt, around here it arrives in the early moring between 9 and 11 but then i live close to the main royal mail center in newbury.
    I believe Amazon Prime uses a courier rather than Royal Mail, though I may be wrong (never really paid that much attention tbh!) Regardless, my postal times seem to vary wildly.

I ordered from play.com like I always do with games, and it's just dispatched yesterday, they usually get it to you within 2 days after dispatch, so, if I'm lucky I might have it by the end of tomorrow.
    Bob page: Your too late, I am already more than human!
    JC: Does that mean I don't get the job?

I'm relying on my neighbour's son who works at Game. I'm starting to think that giving a distracted teenager £50 and asking him to 'remember' to bring the game home with him is a risky strategy!

Originally Posted by pha

What is the big problem with this diagonal running thing? If you don't like it then don't do it! They are not twisting your arm to make you do it.

It's like saying punching yourself in the face hurts and carrying on doing it.
    The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.

I never understood the different release dates Game is on trackers after 5min by first world players got it.

I'm trying to avoid any info... like many of you, playing this game will be a landmark moment for me, having been on the DX bandwagon since the Liberty Island demo over a decade ago, then enduring the pain of DX:IW. I've read a couple of user reviews and most are very positive...

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    Hate to be the party pooper, but that's not going to happen. Those things were both flagged in the leak months ago, and haven't been fixed. As bad as they are, I think they're probably "by design."
    Maybe they deliberately disregarded all the leak-related feedback because it's an old build, but this time it's the real deal, something people purchased instead of a leaked bootleg, and if the feedback is overwhelming enough (which it is, just take a look at Steam forums) they'll work on it. Or so I hope...

Originally Posted by MaceUk
    What is the big problem with this diagonal running thing? If you don't like it then don't do it! They are not twisting your arm to make you do it.
    "If you don't like it don't use it" If I earned a credit every time someone in this forum said that I could afford all praxis points.

It's not like I move diagonally all the time, but why should I refrain myself from doing that? It's a very easy access to a cheap exploit which spoils the game and it should be fixed. As far as I'm concerned, third person cover is also cheap but it's a core feature of the game deliberately implemented by the devs, but this sure as *** hell isn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last