Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: PERFORMANCE / SYSTEM / DRIVERS & GRAPHICS / SSAO / DX11 - All Issues & Discussion

PERFORMANCE / SYSTEM / DRIVERS & GRAPHICS / SSAO / DX11 - All Issues & Discussion

PERFORMANCE / SYSTEM / DRIVERS & GRAPHICS / SSAO / DX11 - All Issues & Discussion

NPCs look like this:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...4B1FD22130BAA/

However there are shadows behind Adam in third person:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...19156715A2C54/

They also seem to exist for Adam and the NPC during takedowns:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...19E1E3D6A835F/

So anyone else have this problem or know what the cause might be?

As far as I know, this isn't a bug. Just how the game handles things - shadows in more important scenes, without giving every single random NPC one. It's a performance-saving measure, though I admit it'd be nice to be able to just disregard performance and crank them all up anyway.

Oh ok, it doesn't bother me or anything I was just wondering if it was a glitch or something wrong with my card

Good to know that its normal I suppose, thanks

GRAPHICS - Problems/Q&As

At the resolution displayed here, it may not be easy to see, but you should notice black dots next to her mouth and around her neck line. Those are not freckles but flickering dots that are very obvious at 1920x1080.

Most distracting on light colored objects under direct light, but visible everywhere, or at least on all character models.

PC graphics specs are
    Intel i7 860
    GTX 470
    280.26 NVIDIA drivers

Tried all combinations of graphical settings, SSAO on/off, AA all levels and off, etc. Dots still appear. Other games do not show similar anomalies.

I think it's something to do with tesselation. I see them too with my GTX 480's unless I turn it off.

Yep, I just noticed the other thread, and that was one thing I had not thought to check. Wanted to delete my post, but you guys are too quick!

Incidently, this was occuring with the previous NVIDIA driver as well. I had just updated by way of troubleshooting.

SSAO not working?

Don't know if this was answered yet by any mod or dev, but setting my game to SSAO on high does absolutely nothing, at least as far as I can see. The game still looks good, but the SSAO on the consoles looks way more "prominent". Examples...

PC shot:

Console shot:

So, is this normal?

Playing with a GTX 580, latest drivers.

Yes, SSAO from characters on walls doesn't work, please Eidos/Nixxes fix this!

PC shot:

Console shot from trailer:

Eidos/Nixxes mentioned a lot of times how the PC version was supposed to have better SSAO than on consoles, but it's just not there! Please fix this!

Not enough resources?

My system specs are

Windows XP 32bit SP3
    GTX 285
    2GB DDR2
    E8400 C2D 3.0ghz

Graphics, sound drivers are up to date. Nvidia 280.** released 8/19/11

Running the game on my widescreen HDTV so the resolution is a bit weird. It is 1192x768. My first attempt to play the after pressing "new game" resulted in a CTD. I had the settings set to what I would think is medium-low. FXAAx2, Post processing on, V-synch on, Trilinear box checked, shadows off(not a big fan of shadows and how much hardware power it takes to render them), Anisotropic 2x, SSAO and DOF both on. I lowered everything down to the very lowest it could go, and unchecked everything else. I could trying bring in my old CRT and run in 1024x768. I pressed okay, and the error persisted. I restart the computer, same thing. I am unable to play a new game. The main menu is as far as I can get.

I have no anti-virus software running. Basically a clean install of Windows. It has only been a week. Plenty of HDD space. Processes are at a minimum. All that is needed for Windows XP, and sound and video. 22 Processes show in the task manager. I do have the evga precision tool running to check temps with an on screen display but turned it off in hopes of finding a conflict.

My video card is slightly dated yes. Could probably use another couple of sticks of ram. But I can run Rift at medium settings @30-50fps depending on where I am. Graphics are not a priority right now, I just want the game to run. Thanks in advance.

Similar Problem

I've got sort of an odd variation of your problem. I booted the game up and played through the intro section. Everything worked fine, but the video settings were all on high by default and it seemed like my computer was having a little trouble running it (a little stuttering/frame rate problems). I paused the game lowered FXAA to low. As soon as I exited the menu the game crashed with the "not enough resources, try lowering your settings" message.

I played around with the settings, and it turns out that every time I try to LOWER the settings the game will crash. I can only play with the game on the default/highest settings. It's honestly kind of funny- I've never played a game that encouraged me not to lower my video settings.

Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    nVidia GT 330M
    4 GB RAM
    Intel Core i7 CPU @2.67 GHz

Another side note: on the Setup page, the "Use Direct X 11" tab is grayed out, even though Direct X 11 is installed and working fine.

SSAO is definitely there, but as you say, it's not visible on character models, only the environment. Didn't notice that myself until you pointed it out.

Same problem

I have noticed that even if I change the AA back to high it still gives me the error message, I have to reset to defaults.

windows 7 64bit 4G ram GTS250

I did mess with the settings before starting up the first time. I have since played with some more. I can get into a new game by leaving everything unchecked except V-sync. Doesn't v-sync require more resources? Ill try resetting to default as well, to see if it changes. Its funny that it just CTD instead of running shi**y. I mean Hey, I can tell when my settings are too high for myself thank you very much. My wife's equinox has no dipstick to check tranny fluid either. My game, my computer, let me deal with that.

Okay then, good call Mr. Smith. I reset to defaults, and it did not crash. My card is running a tad hot(75) atm, and still getting 45fps. I left everything at default. I wonder if it auto-detects hardware? Cool beans, so the thing to do is nothing. I have got to learn that.

The game is too dark with DirectX 11

It was fine when I first played the game, it was fine. But my second time going back into it, it's now quite dark. I haven't changed the display settings. The brightness/luminosity setting hasn't changed. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Xax
    It was fine when I first played the game, it was fine. But my second time going back into it, it's now quite dark. I haven't changed the display settings. The brightness/luminosity setting hasn't changed. Any ideas?
    Hm fact it was fine once, suggests its something thats changed in settings, somewhere. have you tried quitting the game and going to the setup program and resetting to default, see if that helps?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

This was an issue with the leak already. Try holding shift while double clicking you shortcut. But tabbing out of the game and back in eliminated this "fix".

I solved this problem by switching from MLAA to FXAA HIGH for anti-aliasing (which, according to http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...ance_preview/3, is a better choice anyway.)

Note - I was able to keep tesselation on with no speckles after switching to FXAA HIGH. I'm using a GTX 460 1GB

Hi all - new to forum and game more on that below - but first I have a question.

I have a super computer and want to run this on the highest possible settings. I'm not sure what they are because the language isn't familiar. I don't know if triple buffering is a good or bad thing. I don't know which AA setting is the best.

That being said, is there some tech savy dude / gal that knows what the maximum settings are?

About me:

Never played Deus Ex. I thought this game was going to be a flop. After reading the reviews and learning what this game was all about I purchased this sucker on Steam last night. Very excited to play and I'm going to try and beat the game without killing anyone on my second run.

I also collect retro games, mainly on SNES and PS1. I like long walks on the beach too and listening to jazz music lol

Thanks!

q9650
    GTX 470
    280.26 NVIDIA drivers

I had the issue but changed to FXAA.. Solved
    This is common to Nvidia cards and many games.. It's related to anti-aliasing. Partly the game and party the drivers.

There is another way to fix it with Nhancer I think. You force compatibility mode for AA
    If somebody has those instruction please post.. If needed I can do a search, but I'm off to play the game.
    "It's not the end of the world, but we are trying our best."

Strange Graphical Issue

I have a very strange issue with my game's graphics. At first, everything ran fine but then I'd wanted to load a save. The game stopped and froze, requiring me to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of the game. I tried playing again and the game now has a strange graphical issue where everything appears to have a second, non-colored version of itself right behind it, and the images in-game bleed. So if there is a character in front of me, for example, then the same character appears in black and white behind that. This also happens with all objects. The result is a screen with graphics that are just simply unplayable.

I've tried reinstalling the game, but it did not work. I tried defragging through steam as well but that did not work either. My graphics driver is up to date. I was running the game very well prior to this, so I know the problem is not whether or not I can run the game.

My specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
    Graphics: GTX 560M from Nvidia
    Proc: Intel Core i7-2630QM
    12 gigs of RAM DDR3

My laptop is a brand new MSI GT683R. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Game setup improperly detecting Graphics card - no dx11

I'm trying to run Deus Ex, but the game thinks I'm running a 4870, instead of the 5870s I have, and thus won't let me enable dx 11 mode. this is frustrating, and I cannot tell if it's an ati driver issue or a bug. Anyone have a similar issue?

Did you try updating your drivers? You can do this through Steam.

A problem has occured with your display driver.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution error

A problem has occured with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings. You can retry using the same settings, or adjust them to lower settings. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video hardware, and try rebooting your system to clear up any issues.

Amd Athlon x2 64 5400+ @2.8ghz
    Geforce gtx 260 (1gb memory)
    4gb memory (1066mhz)
    Windows 7 Ultimate

Did i really just waste 50 dollars? The system specs clearly say I should be able to run this game.

-Graphics driver is up to date
    -Have powered computer off and back on again
    -Verified game cache
    -Run as administrator
    -Have lowered resolution to 1024x768
    -Have disabled AA and set texture filtering to trilinear.
    -Am about to uninstall/reinstall game.

Please any assistance would be awesome, Ive waited all day to play this game, and it looks like I may not be able to at all.

graphics card errors

I can run the game(albeit choppily) at default graphics, but when I LOWER them(mainly FSAA to low) I get "A problem has occured with your display driver. Your system may not have enough resources to run the game at the selected settings. You can retry using the same settings, or adjust them to lower settings. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video hardware, and try rebooting your system to clear up any issues."

Again, that's after lowering the settings.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last