Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Thread: LAUNCH FAILURE - All Discussion & Q&A's

LAUNCH FAILURE - All Discussion & Q&A's

LAUNCH FAILURE - All Discussion & Q&A's

*Moderator Edit*

Launch/install issues are rarely caused by the same thing and can tend to be fairly "personal" to resolve depending upon the person's system. For those people with launch or install issues (especially those who seem to be alone with an issue), which are unresolved, please contact support directly for assistance so that we can check things in more detail.

Please follow this link for the official support pages.

Regards,

The forum staff.

*end of moderator edit*

___

I activated my copy of Deus Ex on Steam. I was able to pre-load without a problem and when the game "officially" launched I was able to decrypt the files just fine.

I go to launch the game and it says

"This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

Everyone else has been playing except the handful of us that have this problem. I've been trying for the past 4 hours. I've done everything, restarted, defragged, restarted steam, forced steam to update, checked integrity of files, redownloaded, etc.

Total failure to launch

I'm not even launching then CTDing... It's just flat-out not launching. Steam says it's starting, my status goes from blue to in-game-green for a split-second, then nothing. Nada. Zip. I can't even launch the configuration tool, same thing happens there.

System specs are a quad-core PC with 4gb ram, Radeon 5850 HD card, etc. Tried restarting steam, tried verifying game cache, tried defragging local game files, none of it worked.

The hell do I do? I want my 50 dollars' worth.

I am having this exact same issue. I'm running it on windows 7 x64 with 8 gigs of ram, an intel duo-core processor, and an NVidia GeForce GTS 450, if that makes a difference.

@Trick Question.. have you tried the ati dll fix?

@Nuclear.. have you got any 3rd party proxy software running.. running latest drivers for you card?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

I looked at that, but I don't have either of those dlls.

Have you done a check in all the folders.. \system32\ \syswow64\ etc.. its a sneaky blighter windows having so many places for files..

Yes, I checked both of those folders. I have checked all of the folders. Neither of those files exist on my machine.

Originally Posted by Trick Question
    Yes, I checked both of those folders. I have checked all of the folders. Neither of those files exist on my machine.
    okay.. have you checked your system/maintenance area of control panel to see if its recording more information of what is actually crashing?

Run eventvwr.msc

I have the same problem, I launch the game and nothing happens, not with the setup nor the game itself.

I ran eventvwr.msc and this is what I got:

Source: gupdate
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

Source: MsiInstaller
    Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 -- Configuration completed successfully.

Originally Posted by zolido
    I have the same problem, I launch the game and nothing happens, not with the setup nor the game itself.

I ran eventvwr.msc and this is what I got:

Source: gupdate
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( gupdate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

Source: MsiInstaller
    Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.21022 -- Configuration completed successfully.
    ironically my viewer is filled with gupdate failing, its googleupdate i think.. nothing to do with deus.. You need to scroll down or maybe sort by `level` so you can see errors

Those, and an ATI smart event are the only ones I got, other are from past dates, I just booted my pc.

edit:
    Oh, and this one
    Source: userenv
    Windows couldn't log the RSoP (Resultant Set of Policies) session status. An attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy.

Faillure to launch, error message inside.

Wrong DRM version data 23d718c1, code 15
    rebuild of pc-w\pickup_database.drm needed

I Pre-loaded the game between 3-6 days ago, this morning i went to validate it and defrag it on my pc at the same time when it crashed (don't know if related).

Now when i try to launch the game it justs sends me this error message.

I have the game on steam, and the first time settup worked fine, also i can launch the game settup fine, just not the game itself.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    @Trick Question.. have you tried the ati dll fix?

@Nuclear.. have you got any 3rd party proxy software running.. running latest drivers for you card?
    No proxies. Latest drivers.

Those, and an ATI smart event are the only ones I got, other are from past dates, I just booted my pc.

edit:
    Oh, and this one
    Source: userenv
    Windows couldn't log the RSoP (Resultant Set of Policies) session status. An attempt to connect to WMI failed. No more RSoP logging will be done for this application of policy.
    Do you have ATI card then? are you able to run the setup program?

Originally Posted by Nuclear Pogostick
    No proxies. Latest drivers.
    Silly question you are in the US etc yeh?

I had a similar problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled and its still getting errors. I can load the game to the menu but when i try to play it I get errors and when it does go thru to where im actually playing, i cannot load any saved files with out getting non-responsive.

I think the steam pre-load was an epic fail. I even defragged but nada. I think I will just by the retail versions from now on as this and DA II seemed to just hate steam.

Silly question you are in the US etc yeh?
    Yep. It's out here now, though.

Originally Posted by Nuclear Pogostick
    Yep. It's out here now, though.
    Yeh just checking. As you can imagine people around the world are trying to get access now even if not unlocked

Do you have ATI card then? are you able to run the setup program?
    I have an Nvidia, the ATI thing has to be from long ago. And I am not able to run the setup program. When I lauch it say "Preparing to launch ...", then it closes and nothing happens.

I deleted DX:HM and re-downloading now, in case a file was missing from pre-load or something.

I am from South America btw.

I have an Nvidia, the ATI thing has to be from long ago. And I am not able to run the setup program. When I lauch it say "Preparing to launch ...", then it closes and nothing happens.

I deleted DX:HM and re-downloading now, in case a file was missing from pre-load or something.

I am from South America btw.
    Oh did you see about the ati dll fix in the other thread?

Oh did you see about the ati dll fix in the other thread?
    I didn't

Once it finishes downloading I'll try that, although I don't get any Ati dll error, it just won't launch.

Have you tried restarting Steam? Just had an issue their relating to needing Steam updated... You could also verify the game cache files via Steam for DX:HR too, which can help on some random launch issues.
    Eidos Support
    Contact Support Directly:
    Square Enix Support Europe
    Square Enix Support North America

Data Execution Prevention error on start

Hi, the game crashes before it even starts, and I get a data execution prevention error on start. I tried to disable DEP for DXHR but it is apparently required for it. Any ideas?

I didn't

Once it finishes downloading I'll try that, although I don't get any Ati dll error, it just won't launch.
    you wont necessarily see the error.. but if you had an ati card and now running nvidia the files we've been having problems with are most likely present..

My laptop uses and ATI card, so does that mean I should find and rename those atiadlxy.dll and atiadlxx.dll file?

you wont necessarily see the error.. but if you had an ati card and now running nvidia the files we've been having problems with are most likely present..
    I see. Well, it's ~3 hours until it finishes downloading so I'll se what happens then. I appreciate your help, thank you!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last