Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: ITEM MANAGEMENT - Storing additional items (not in inventory), Dropping & Saving

ITEM MANAGEMENT - Storing additional items (not in inventory), Dropping & Saving

ITEM MANAGEMENT - Storing additional items (not in inventory), Dropping & Saving

Hey everyone,

I have been looking at a number of play-throughs of this game and have noticed how many varieties of weapons there are, but also how much room they take up.

Instead of selling these weapons, will there be a place where Adam Jensen can go and store items he doesn't need right at that moment?

Cheers

Originally Posted by pauljc37
    Hey everyone,

I have been looking at a number of play-throughs of this game and have noticed how many varieties of weapons there are, but also how much room they take up.

Instead of selling these weapons, will there be a place where Adam Jensen can go and store items he doesn't need right at that moment?

Cheers
    This is something I want to know too, because I don't want to carry around all those pre-order weapons in the first mission.

You can drop them off anywhere, for example in your apartment.

Originally Posted by Charadesmith
    You can drop them off anywhere, for example in your apartment.
    And they'll stay there even if I travel to other locations?

I'd also like to know about this!

And regarding the preorder weapons, do we even know yet, how they will be implemented ingame?
    What I mean is, will they even fit into the inventory? Silverback, Whisperhead, Grenadelauncher, Explosives and the assorted ammo? Now if you chose the tranq rifle for the first mission, it could get a little cramped in the inventory.

Originally Posted by Dr Bob
    And they'll stay there even if I travel to other locations?
    They stay there but i don't know if they remain there after you leave Detroit. But you can safely go around detroit and do missions with the items stored there

Anyway, technically you can drop them off anywhere and they'll always be there, so if you don't want them in your apartment you can just find a spot in the city like a back alley or something and use it as a sort of storage

7. Originally Posted by Charadesmith
    They stay there but i don't know if they remain there after you leave Detroit. But you can safely go around detroit and do missions with the items stored there

Anyway, technically you can drop them off anywhere and they'll always be there, so if you don't want them in your apartment you can just find a spot in the city like a back alley or something and use it as a sort of storage
    I'm sorry, but the thought of using a back alley as a private armory gave me a good chuckle. Thanks, haha. If nothing else, at least it works. : P Hopefully we do get something in-house though.
    Oft we walk the edge, never afraid, always curious.

I can confirm that you can leave stuffs around Detroit and they will still be there after you return from a mission. I don't know what happens if you leave Detroit though.
    Steam: quidxrazer (feel free to add me )

Originally Posted by Dr Bob
    This is something I want to know too, because I don't want to carry around all those pre-order weapons in the first mission.
    This i am fearful of also. It hasn't been propperly explained.
    Play games for the story

Not really, you can store things in Adam's apartment, but after you leave detroit how many opportunities do you have to get them again?
    Either way, I do think that's what the inventory space augments are for, if you want to keep more stuff, get those.

I always found it odd how you were never given weapons and had to buy them seeing as your job involves killing people sometimes.
    The sky above the port was the colour of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Originally Posted by MaceUk
    I always found it odd how you were never given weapons and had to buy them seeing as your job involves killing people sometimes.
    It's a video-gameism of sorts. Many games are like this. It's most likely because having been given the weapons right off the bat would make the game less of an accomplishment, i.e. you must earn the use of the tools used to complete the game.

The same could be said of other things in the Original Deus Ex. Starting with a truck load of picks and multi-tools would have been pretty convenient.

It's also part of the customization per player. It makes sense to keep it simple and mostly a blank slate for the players' first choices--minus the augs Adam didn't ask for.

14. Originally Posted by ReliantLion
    It's a video-gameism of sorts. Many games are like this. It's most likely because having been given the weapons right off the bat would make the game less of an accomplishment, i.e. you must earn the use of the tools used to complete the game.

The same could be said of other things in the Original Deus Ex. Starting with a truck load of picks and multi-tools would have been pretty convenient.
    Or any game really. How many zombie games have you played where you have to buy weapons from some random jack? The world is ending via zombie apocalypse, most people are dead, and you want to charge me? Kay.

It's just that eternal battle of gameplay vs realism and the search for balance.
    Oft we walk the edge, never afraid, always curious.

Dropping items and saving them.

So im wondering, just started the game and unlike every review iv got massive amounts of ammo and items. Just beat the first mission on hardest difficalty. Im wondering if its like the first game where i can drop items on the floor and they will stay there. Mainly wanna drop stuff in my office for later use. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Storage locker for my items?

Is there a storage area or something for my items? If I left my items lying around in Jensen's apartment, will they go missing?

Originally Posted by trick1992
    Is there a storage area or something for my items? If I left my items lying around in Jensen's apartment, will they go missing?
    I'm not sure if they'll go missing from leaving them in the apt, but a limited inventory size is a part of the challenge this game represents. It can be agonizing, but making decisions based on what you need sometimes forcing you to sacrifice what you want is an element I really enjoy. It's a sweet tension.

I'm pretty sure there is no "storage locker" however, I think there is supposed to be a safe (perhaps behind the TV) in jensen's apt. At least that's what I got from reading the 3rd email on his computer.

I hate overly limited inventory size, I don't feel like a game should punish me for wanting to take the rewards I find with me. Like you find your first rocket launcher, congratulations, you get to throw away one third of all your stuff to carry it or you can just leave it there and wasted a lot of time and probaply some ammo to get to it.

You can leave stuff in your apartment, but dunno if you can access it anymore when you leave detroit.
    If you want to carry more stuff, get inventory augs.

I would love a limited storage option in the helicopter. I only played the demo (still waiting for full game in europe), but even with inventory aug 3 my inventory was full. And i didn't even have all guns, had to leave the rocket launcher, sniper rifle, machine pistol and PEBS gun.

Considering all the cool weapons coming up in later parts (laser rifle, grenade launcher, heavy guns), i guess it will be really tough. And its really annoying to throw away guns after using upgrades on them...

One of the best things about Deus Ex is the element of sacrifice. If you believe the weapon you got will help you on your journey, then take it. Only remember that you're going to have to sacrifice your other weapons or equipment. It's the consequence you'll face in this game.

You could invest some Praxis in the inventory augmentation, it will increase the size of the inventory grid.

I have no problem with limited inventory forcing me to pick and choose what I carry on individual missions, but there should really be some sort of collective storage locker you can access between missions.

I inputted the explosive mission pack redeem code. But where is it in the game?

Storage Box?

Is there any place in the game that you can store ammo and weapons and such? my inventory is completely full.

Originally Posted by ceeweex3
    Is there any place in the game that you can store ammo and weapons and such? my inventory is completely full.
    Read a thread before you post in it and you find your answer quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last