Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: TECHNICAL/All Platforms - Q&As - Controls, Cheats, Command Screen, Saves, Loads

TECHNICAL/All Platforms - Q&As - Controls, Cheats, Command Screen, Saves, Loads

Thumbs Down

Originally Posted by ncdamc
    Hi,

When someone gets this game can they please tell
    me if the console version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    has alternate controller options e.g. left thumbstick = aim,
    right thumbstick = move (southpaw)?

Many Thanks
    Southpaw is already supported in the Leaked Preview version at least. So I think its safe to say its in.

[edit: ACK! for Some reason the release version doesn't allow reconfiguration of gamepad controls. Y axis conversion and sensitivity + vibration and aim assist - talking about going from so so to worse!]

I'm not a tech guy so if somoene could tell me what setting I should run DXHR on for the best quality I'd be grateful.

My comp's specs are: Windows 7 32 Bit, 2GB of RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @2.2 GHZ, Direct X 11

Should I try running the game at the highest quality, or just keep it at the middle of the road option?

Originally Posted by Pldgmygrievance
    I'm not a tech guy so if somoene could tell me what setting I should run DXHR on for the best quality I'd be grateful.

My comp's specs are: Windows 7 32 Bit, 2GB of RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 @2.2 GHZ, Direct X 11

Should I try running the game at the highest quality, or just keep it at the middle of the road option?
    What graphics card model do you have?....Is it integrated?

Go to Start>Run>Dxdiag>display
    Yes siree, the excitement never ends.

Originally Posted by mad825
    What graphics card model do you have?....Is it integrated?

Go to Start>Run>Dxdiag>display
    It is an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT INTEGRATED RAMDAC

Loading times.....

Damn it takes along time.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Console as in `360/ps3` console.. that was what OP was talking about as they playing on 360..

PC has some `commandline` things people will find
    That hardly seems fair for the 360/PS3 players

Damn, those are some meaty load times. Glad I went with the 360

*sigh*

Oh, Eidos...

Edit:

Where's the PC DD:
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by Pldgmygrievance
    It is an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT INTEGRATED RAMDAC
    You could try and squeeze medium settings however low seems to be more realistic.
    Yes siree, the excitement never ends.

Originally Posted by mad825
    You could try and squeeze medium settings however low seems to be more realistic.
    Dang. Thats a bummer.

That's a really snarky, petty video to post the day before it's released.

The first loading screen doesn't have much to it, but the subsequent ones are slightly interactive with story elements to them. It's not elevators in mass effect.
    Schon trübet der Mond sich verschwindenden Scheins, die Glocke, sie donnert ein mächtiges Eins, und unten zerschellt das Gerippe. -Göthe, Totentanz

Meh I've seen worse.. Although a minimum twenty second load time every time you die is pretty bad.

Yes, yes I know. "Don't die then" lol.

At least it isn't like Too Human.

How cute of them not to post any specs.

Specs for consoles? I dont get it
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Loading times are not a problem for me, I've endured worse, but this isn't worse.

The PC version will likely be comparable to the installed Xbox 360 version. I'm thinking.

(Those of us who played the leak already knew what sort of loading times we were in for.)

Originally Posted by HERESY
    At least it isn't like Too Human.
    I honestly didn't think that was too bad lol. At least it was more of a respawn system than it was the game loading a previous position. Like you'd get killed by something that has a slither of health left, respawn (veeeeerrrrrrrrrrry slowly) and then you'd go back and finish it off.

But yeah whoever thought that whole Valkyrie scene every time you died thing was a good idea needs a hard slap. Because that game was more than capable of just putting you back at the last checkpoint with no loading to speak of. Yet they decided to lengthen the wait by other means ...

Originally Posted by Rindill the Red
    The PC version will likely be comparable to the installed Xbox 360 version. I'm thinking.

(Those of us who played the leak already knew what sort of loading times we were in for.)
    I never saw a loading time like that on PC, and that wasn't even a finalized version.

*shrug* I'm getting it on PC anyway so no big deal to me, I suppose.
    I'm seeing mentions of Too Human but none of The Witcher?!
    Schon trübet der Mond sich verschwindenden Scheins, die Glocke, sie donnert ein mächtiges Eins, und unten zerschellt das Gerippe. -Göthe, Totentanz

Bear in mind guys that every version of the game sent to reviewers wasn't the final absolute polished version - there were a fair few technical issues to sort out and I'm hoping loading times will be first on the list. If not, I'm sure they'll be on the line for a patch, at least the PC version anyway.

Will there be a full install on PS3 available? A comment by the developers or owner's of the Game would be welcome.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Specs for consoles? I dont get it
    Huge brainfart on my part. Feel free to laugh at my expense. :P

God did it. He was all like, Oh I see they are making another Deus Ex Game for Console gamers. Hmmm... just needs the pase the player a little bit more like that.

Originally Posted by Risingred
    I never saw a loading time like that on PC, and that wasn't even a finalized version.
    U never did play Empire: Total War or Shogun II then, huh?

Originally Posted by Alegis
    U never did play Empire: Total War or Shogun II then, huh?
    I did...but I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about DXHR.

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last