Page 2 of 17 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: "HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

"HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

They really really need more sub-forums here, was going to make a question/discussion thread but because of the silly spoilers only in one thread rule it gets dumped here so...

Below is a question to others that touches on first real mission (between tutorial and first mission) painfully minor spoilers.

"Whatever blows your hair back."

Originally Posted by Badmagic
    Doesn't make that much sense in story terms (unless Sarif's trying to test you), but in gameplay terms it would make you far too powerful for the first mission and opening missions.

And no, you get the knife slightly later I think.

edit.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Games Reviewer @ Artrocker Magazine / http://123-ad-astra.tumblr.com/ GT: Illustrated Man

I'm quite far in this game, been playing for about 10 days or so, and I'm playing on Give Me Deus Ex.
    So with Barrett:

@Hyperbolic

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Games Reviewer @ Artrocker Magazine / http://123-ad-astra.tumblr.com/ GT: Illustrated Man

Sup fellas!?!? I'm currently at the end of a secondary mission called 'Shanghai Justice' and i have to hack a security box located in The Hive at the back of the upstairs bar and was wondering if anyone knew the code for it? I have no Nukes or Worm Stops and it feels impossible without. I cant find any within the city neither n its drivin me insane! Thanks for any help guys.

Can't find a store in Hengsha

Hey guys I'm in Lower Hengsha and I can't find a store to sell my guns at. If you know where one is please let me know.

I'm stuck on the quest Shanghai Justice

new to deus ex need help(hacking )

So im new to the game got it last night just plan love it but I just don't understand the hacking in the game please help me out

anyone?

In the first mission there are two hacking tutorials, did you watch them ? They are really helpful imo.

Other tips:
    I try to remain undetected as long as possible, so i conquer a single path (of easy nodes). Only if i'm detected or right before the exit node, i start to conquer other nodes (like the data nodes) and improve own nodes.

Important to remember: You can hack in parallel, i.e. you don't have to wait for one node to finish, you can order multiple tasks at once.

Also, as long as you are not detected, do not rush. You have all the time in the world to look for a good path (and check detection probabilities), you can only trigger a detection if you are actively hacking a node (and also if you improve your own nodes).

Help with Shanghai Justice

I'm stuck on the sidequest Shanghai Justice. I'm up to the part where I have to search Lee's apartment. I hacked the comp and listened to the answering machine, both triggered dialogue with Malik, but now I can't find anything else to use. I see a baseball bat and a broken clock on the shelf, but neither are highlighted, nor can they be interacted with. What do I do?

Good tips.

Yes I watched both videos but im still confused but thanks for the help ill give it another shot

I had the same exact question the O.P. listed. I did watch the tutorial & was still confused as to what I had to do. My first attempt ended in success, but I'm not sure why or how.

Can someone break this process down in layman's terms ?

thanks

Originally Posted by DeusVirgin
    I had the same exact question the O.P. listed. I did watch the tutorial & was still confused as to what I had to do. My first attempt ended in success, but I'm not sure why or how.

You - the blue player - must get all the green round globes to win. To do that, you need to conquer the nodes between your start node and the green globes. You can conquer a node (select the top option when clicking a node) only if you already own a node connected to it . At the start of the minigame, you are hidden.

The enemy - the red player - wins if he conquers the node you started from. To do that, he needs to conquer nodes in the same way you do (starting at the red start position). As long as you are hidden, the red player won't do anything.

However, every time you conquer a new node, there is a chance the red player awakens and starts to conquer on his own. This chance depends on the difficulty of the node, which can be lowered with augmentations. And thats the whole story

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some special nodes, like data nodes that give you some additional reward like experience or money, and nodes that change the game a bit - slowing down the enemy, change node difficulty etc.. You can also slow down the enemy by improving the nodes you already conquered (the bottom option if you click a node), but the main concept is in the first three paragraphs.

If a hacking game is very difficult to solve, you can use special items called stop worm and nuke virus. If you use a stop worm (by selecting the left option when clicking a node), the enemy will do nothing for a few seconds, so you have more time. If you use a nuke virus (by selecting the right option when clicking on a unconquered node), the node is captured instantly (saving you time), and if you are still hidden, you will stay hidden.

Try it out a few times, you have several attempts. You can stop a hacking attempt by pressing ESC without triggering alarm, btw

Invest some Praxis points into stealth hacking add-ons and other hacking related augs. They will certainly help out when hacking into devices.

When you are hacking, look for a datastore (The cube looking node), it contains some rewards when completed. They are either credits, a STOP! Worm, and a Nuke Virus. The last two rewards help you out when you're attempting to hack into another device. The STOP! Worm will stop the timer temporarily, and the Nuke Virus will allow you to take over any node without being caught.

@DeusVirgin, your main goal is to get the data registry (I think that's what its called), or the green circle. But along that route, you will come across files/directories, data stores etc. You need to get there quickly, because once you're detected, a countdown will begin. If you don't make it in time, you will either have to try again, or you may end up getting caught.

Usually, each node has a percentage of how much you will get detected. Even if its the lowest, you still may get detected. Make sure to go for the lowest level file (Level 1 files being the lowest).

Also some paths will show arrows pointing into a certain direction, if you're on the 'right' end of it, you can go through, however, if you're on the other end, you won't be able to get through, so keep that in mind.

It's not going to get easier from this point, you will get more harder maps to go through, but once you've got the basic grasp of the hacking mini game, you will find it a piece of cake. Just be patient, and look for safe openings. If you fail at the hacking part, and can't do it, there's an alternative, which is to find the password or code from somewhere else (Pocket Secretaries, or other computers).

It's not easy explaining this mini game, but I hope what I said helps!

just wondering if you get the extra things(xp etc) if you secure the nodes with the xp but the red guy gets to your starting point or do you lose all that?

the hacking mini game sounds really fun though

Originally Posted by Fireisprettyful
    just wondering if you get the extra things(xp etc) if you secure the nodes with the xp but the red guy gets to your starting point or do you lose all that?
    You loose that, but you can try again. However, if the red guy gets a reward node you conquered before, you still get the reward as long as you win the game.

Originally Posted by DeusVirgin

thanks
    Check also explanation of every type of node and you will get it what is what. At first i also didn't understand but after checking what every kind of node means i started to understand how it works.

nvm found it

Originally Posted by sajin
    You loose that, but you can try again. However, if the red guy gets a reward node you conquered before, you still get the reward as long as you win the game.
    thank you i really love the sound of this mini game compared to the one in bioshock which wasnt fun and made less sense

Then do tell
    Doom befall you

question on hacking mini game

is there any way to lower chance of detection
    how do i gain more time or make bars move faster for hacking nodes

already no about the nuke and stop time worm

Detroit Police Station (sidequest spoilers?)

I snuck into the police station using my leg augs and snuck through the air ducts while looking for evidence about the police investigation into Megan's death. When you walk through the vents, you can see into one locked office with a shotgun in the corner but the vents have no entrance to it.

I've tried hacking into the office but I can't do it fast enough between police patrols in the hallway and always end up spotted. I've tried throwing boxes and fire extinguishers to pull them out of position but I still can't do it fast enough.

Has anyone found the passcode for this office in their travels?

Edit: Hahah, I used my silent movement and dropped a box right in front of the hacking terminal. I got alarmed shortly after unlocking the door but if you make it inside the office you can hide under the desk until things die down pretty easily.

Edit2: I believe I have found it, 2231 should be the code to get you in.

Questions about Ghost

Does anyone know what the exact requirements for getting the Ghost bonus are? Are you allowed to alarm the guards in any way, ie Suspicious/Alarmed status. Are you allowed to kill them as long as they don't see you, such as with a sniper rifle? What about if you use a tranq dart from the roof without ever alarming anyone? How about the stun gun? What about punching through a wall with the aug and snaping someones neck?

I know in my limited testing on the first real level I threw a box at someones face from the roof without being seen by them and still received the Ghost bonus so I am no longer sure just how far you can go.

Page 2 of 17 First First 12345612 ... Last