Page 17 of 17 First First ... 71314151617

Thread: "HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

"HELP" SPOILER THREAD- Stuck? Quick Questions & Answers - General Discussion

So what's the story with the DX movie? Anyone know how long in the process or how is the development going?

I'm stuck at Hengsha.

Thanks, now I can enjoy the game again

I feel like playing again. I'm missing the tension.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by hybridex
    So what's the story with the DX movie? Anyone know how long in the process or how is the development going?
    lol, been a year now. It's seeming more and more like they probably just shelved it after Scott Derrickson left to work on Doctor Strange. Sc-fi is hot right now, and TV is hot right now. They would be stupid to make a movie and not a TV show. You can't make a satisfying Deus Ex movie. There's too much story and too much conspiracy there for a movie to ever adequately portray it.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    lol, been a year now. It's seeming more and more like they probably just shelved it after Scott Derrickson left...
    The movie hasn't been shelved. We were informed that Michael Finch took over from Scott Derrickson.

Also, the most recent update was this month, not a year ago.
    A tweet from Adrian Askarieh, dated 7 May 2015, where he assures a fan that the movie is a "top priority in every way".
    Link:
    https://twitter.com/adrianaskarieh/s...85924792995840
    signature image

loooooooool, the guy who made Hitman, really? What a joke this movie is going to be.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

When are people going to learn that movie adaptations of video games just simply do not work? Why do people even want a movie adaptation? The video game itself is like a movie, except you're playing the main character. If you ask me, I'd say video games these days is a better medium for story telling (compared to movies) - some games seem to put a lot more effort into the story than most movies nowadays, and one can feel more connected with the characters because you play as them or interact with them, something that movies can not offer. I don't want there to be a Deus Ex movie, but if they're developing it, they better take it seriously and not turn it into some Hollywood popcorn action flick that follows the same formula that you see in movies time and time again.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    ..the guy who made Hitman, really? What a joke this movie is going to be.
    Awww, don't give up so quickly.
    After all; history tells us that many famous people suffered failure before they found success.
    Not that artists are influenced by nay-sayers and cynics in their midst because they are naturally driven, passionate people; and so they should be. So long as they heed the lessons of failure, they can continue toward achieving success.
    signature image

Okay, I'm stuck on the Mantis fight. No matter how much I run around, she nails me either with her area attack or guns or both. I've used the heavy machinegun on her but it doesn't seem to help much; the revolver seems to do more damage. I've grabbed the EMP mines but she just runs away/around them. I cannot see her and, as she is faster than I am, I rarely catch up to her when she runs to recharge. I have only one other grenade (gas) and I've had no luck stunning her by shooting the power stations (and when I do, it seems to do more damage to me than anything). Having only one Hypostem and one painkiller isn't helping either; I just take too much damage whenever I fight her. Any ideas?

Never mind. Not sure how, but I finally got by it.

Page 17 of 17 First First ... 71314151617