Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Will the console versions be easier than the PC?

Will the console versions be easier than the PC?

Will the console versions be easier than the PC?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424124

According to this they tweaked the AI for the PC version. Now I feel like since I'm playing on the 360 it'll be a simpler (and by simpler I mean easier) experience. Will it be the same difficulty or am I misunderstanding?

Because the PC verison is more precise in aiming and so on, they tweaked the AI to be smarter for the pc verison,so we console users are fighting a dumber AI.

So it should be somewhat easyer on us.
    Doom befall you

Originally Posted by thanos
    Because the PC verison is more precise in aiming and so on, they tweaked the AI to be smarter for the pc verison,so we console users are fighting a dumber AI.

So it should be somewhat easyer on us.
    What? That's a lie. Who the hell told you that willy wonka?

Originally Posted by cqc_batman
    What? That's a lie. Who the hell told you that willy wonka?
    It's in the FAQ thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86841

HOW WILL THE PC VERSION BE DIFFERENT FROM THE CONSOLE VERSIONS?

DirectX 11
    The PC version of DX:HR will feature DirectX 11 support for improved visuals. It will have more advanced AI to compensate for the precision offered by the mouse, in addition to optimized controls, and a unique UI tailored to the platform.
    What was that about a lie again?

Shouldn't have dumbed down the AI in the console versions, I like my games challenging.

Ugh. So I guess I should just get it for the PC then...

My specs are:

8800GTX
    3gb RAM
    500gb HDD
    Windows XP
    Dual Core @2.66ghz

You know, ´more advanced AI´could just mean enemies shoot faster or do more damage. I wouldn´t worry about it too much, the highest difficulty is challenging on both PC and consoles.

Release games will almost always be smoother than early builds due to optimization that takes place before it gets certified as "gold". I'm not sure if there are more options in the release game or not since the game hasn't released for me yet. They are adding in FOV sliders and such, so they could be adding in more fine tuning under the graphics options as well, perhaps a "low" "medium" "high" or something.

This is my setup:

Manufacturer:
    Self
    Processor:
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz with CoolIT ECOalc water cooling
    Memory:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
    Hard Drive:
    750GB/160GB/160GB
    Video Card:
    SPARKLE Calibre Series X460G GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
    Monitor:
    ASUS VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight Monitor w/Speakers 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1
    Sound Card:
    Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Speakers/Headphones:
    Technics SA-DX940 Stereo Receiver 5.1 Surround
    Keyboard:
    Saitek Cyborg V5
    Mouse:
    Saitek Cyborg Rat 3
    Mouse Surface:
    Mouse Pad
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    Motherboard:
    ASUS P5G41T-M LX LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    Computer Case:
    Antec DF-85

It is so refreshing to have other people bust the chops of those whom call me a liar thank you thedosbox for spareing me the effort of having to correct him.
    Doom befall you

Originally Posted by Zorvan
    Release games will almost always be smoother than early builds due to optimization that takes place before it gets certified as "gold". I'm not sure if there are more options in the release game or not since the game hasn't released for me yet. They are adding in FOV sliders and such, so they could be adding in more fine tuning under the graphics options as well, perhaps a "low" "medium" "high" or something.

This is my setup:

Manufacturer:
    Self
    Processor:
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz with CoolIT ECOalc water cooling
    Memory:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
    Hard Drive:
    750GB/160GB/160GB
    Video Card:
    SPARKLE Calibre Series X460G GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support
    Monitor:
    ASUS VH238H Black 23" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight Monitor w/Speakers 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1
    Sound Card:
    Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Speakers/Headphones:
    Technics SA-DX940 Stereo Receiver 5.1 Surround
    Keyboard:
    Saitek Cyborg V5
    Mouse:
    Saitek Cyborg Rat 3
    Mouse Surface:
    Mouse Pad
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
    Motherboard:
    ASUS P5G41T-M LX LGA 775 Intel G41 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    Computer Case:
    Antec DF-85
    Sorry for double post.

Nice set up. Like I said, it wasn't anywhere near enough to hamper my enjoyment, but it was noticeable in certain spots. I think I just need to defrag and things like that, it's been slow lately. Maybe that's why.

I for one am glad they made "adjustments" to the AI for this title on consoles.

Seriously - I like hard games, but I played FEAR on PC and on the 360 on extreme mode, and they didn't think to do this. Let's just say that on the PC its a wonderful challenge with incredible AI. On the 360 it is a frustrating challenge with AI that feels unfair.

Mirrors Edge was similar. Beat the game on PC on hard without ever shooting anyone. Did the same thing on my 360 and wanted to break my controller in frustration (and I wasn't even shooting anything - I just couldn't look/ redirect myself as quickly as I could on the PC version).

Trust me - the AI needs to be turned down on the console just to get the same level of challenge. Console players aren't missing out on anything except for frustration.
    It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. ~Albert Einstein

Found on internet, and seems to be answer to the question:
    "Hey dont be so hard the little console eunuchs, they need time to aim their lil vibratin thumbstick."

PC MASTER RACE WINS AGAIN.

But I can understand why they dumbed it down for Consoles, Newbsticks just don't offer the precision that Mice do, and it doesn't offer the quick swapping the Keyboard does.

most likely they also made the hacking a LOT easier.
    As you can not do anything precise in a fast way with a console controller you'd not have any chance to beat the hacking-AI in a hard mode on a console.
    So there is only one option left: the console AI must be more stupid/slow

I'm just glad the way it is on the PC, it stays a real challenge if you choose the hard difficulty.

In all honesty, I doubt the improvements in AI will be significant enough to make much difference to the game experience. It's not going to be the difference between a guard pursuing your relentlessly through the level and one throwing a grenade at his own shoe, it'll be more along the lines of slightly faster reaction times and higher accuracy - the increased difficulty of which will be offset by the increased accuracy offered by playing with a mouse, resulting in roughly the same overall difficulty.

The PC version apparently has somewhat better graphics, and so is "the one to get" from that perspective, but if you're only worried about difficulty, go with whichever platform is your preference. I honestly doubt you'll notice a difference between the console and PC versions difficulty-wise.

Originally Posted by The_Audiophile
    Shouldn't have dumbed down the AI in the console versions, I like my games challenging.
    I don't see what the problem is. The challenge is equally as hard as the PC version. They had to make the AI difference as the console version was harder than the PC version otherwise. With the change they are both the same challenge, the console version will not be any easier than the PC.

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    The PC version apparently has somewhat better graphics
    SUPER DUPER SUPERIOR GRAPHICS.

Originally Posted by balanced
    I don't see what the problem is. The challenge is equally as hard as the PC version. They had to make the AI difference as the console version was harder than the PC version otherwise. With the change they are both the same challenge, the console version will not be any easier than the PC.
    It will be harder if you plan on playing on a PC, they said that in a FAQ someone brought up.

It's entirely based on the speed and precision of the controllers, nothing else.

20. Originally Posted by The77s
    It will be harder if you plan on playing on a PC, they said that in a FAQ someone brought up.
    And then, as the bros tend to do, everyone blew it out of proportion and this mess began on other forums. Beer belches ensued and popped collars rose like peacock feathers.

I mean, I am getting the PC version myself, but seriously..
    Oft we walk the edge, never afraid, always curious.

Originally Posted by The77s
    The FAQ highlighted in this thread indicates a compensation change.
    I haven't seen a suggestion the PC version is actually harder. Can you link to a source?

Oh man, well, I know what version I'm now getting. Granted, I played the leak to test if my year and a half old laptop would run it and to my surprise it can, so I now know to get PC.

It's just more evidence that consoles are dumbing down games...and I own a 360.

"It will have more advanced AI"

Yea, so, the PC version will be harder with the AI, but obviously, if you use a mouse it won't be as hard, but then if you plug in a controller it will be harder.

So, the PC version IS harder, doesn't matter how you sugar coat it.

"It's just more evidence that consoles are dumbing down games...and I own a 360."

True dat.

People forget that mouse+ keyboard is much more precise then consoles. There´s a reason why there was never a Games for Windows merger with Xbox Live. In fps´s even the crappier pc players would rape the best console players. It´s just not going to happen. That´s why hitboxs in most console fps´s are bigger then the pc counterpart.

Even at my worst pc wise, I can´t play Halo: Reach as well as I play Bioshock, MW2, HL2 and many others...

Originally Posted by thedosbox
    It's in the FAQ thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=86841

What was that about a lie again?
    "advanced AI to compensate for the precision offered by the mouse"

That doesn't mean the AI is going to be tougher. It means they will shoot much faster than console because the mouse speed can be jacked up. It has nothing to do with AI intelligence.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last