Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoshop caption fun. Win an exclusive poster and GI mag! [ended]

Photoshop caption fun. Win an exclusive poster and GI mag! [ended]

UPDATE: This competition has ended. The winners have been announced in this post: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...10#post1693810

------------

It's competition time again!

I know some of you have a short attention span () and won't bother to read this whole post, so below is a short summary.

This competition in a nutshell: Photoshop a funny caption onto one of the images from the media thread for a chance to win a signed TR9 poster and GI mag. Keep your entry clean and in good taste and in accordance with our forum rules. Public voting and a jury will determine the winners.

Now for the long version...

So, we just wrapped up our last competition a couple of days ago and we're already running a new one. The last one was a big success; a large amount of people have entered our guess the number "competition reboot" , we've made two people happy with some cool Eidos goodies and those prizes went out to both to a fresh new member and a forum regular, which worked out quite nicely

Now it's time to step it up a notch. Take a look at the coolness you will be able to win this time:
    FIRST PRIZE

(click image to enlarge)

That's right, it's a large (90x60cm / 36x24") poster of new Lara, SIGNED by the devs!

Plus a copy of the Game Informer issue with its TR9 world debut article, signed as well!

Thanks to Meagan Marie, for snatching these cool items from the CrystalD office.

RUNNER UP PRIZE

For the person who is just unlucky enough to come in second, we have another signed copy of the GI mag.

How do I enter?

This time we'd like you all to show off your creativity and take one of the officially released TR9 images from the official media thread and place a caption onto it.

The caption may be funny, inspiring, touching or otherwise striking. But remember that entries will have to adhere to our forum rules. That means keep it PG13; no profanity in your caption, for example. Also, keep it fun; don't put Lara in a bad light or degrade her in any way. Use common sense and good taste when creating your entry. Any entry which the staff deems inappropriate will be removed.

You may do whatever you wish with the image; you may cut out parts and put in different backdrop, you may place Kurtis in the image and make him kiss New Lara () and whatnot, as long as it's clear that the main image used came from the official media thread.

If you want to use an officially released TR9 image that happens to be missing in the official media thread, send me a PM and I'll put it up there.

Post your entry in this thread. When the competition deadline runs out, all entries will be first up for public voting. The entries who receive the most public votes will then be reviewed by a team of judges, consisting of forum staff members and/or Square Enix employees. They will pick the winners for the first and runner up prize.

Here is a quick (lame) example of an entry:

(This is just an example. Speech bubble is completely optional.)
    The rules

• You have up until 15 September 2011, 15:00:00 UTC time to submit your entry.
    • You may enter as many times as you like.
    • Your caption has to be placed onto the image with Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/GIMP/MS Paint/etc. No separate caption text above or below the image in your forum post.
    • During public voting rounds, only members who have reached Gamer status on this forum may cast their votes and only 1 vote per household will be allowed. (Sorry, no massively asking all your friends/family to sign up here just to vote for your entry)
    • During public voting rounds, if you reached Gamer status, you may vote for your own entry if you wish to do so.
    • When public voting has ended, the top most voted for entries will go through to the second round. We're aiming for a top 5, but this number may be subject to change, depending on the number of entries we receive.
    • During the second round, a team of Eidos Forums staff members and/or Square Enix employees will judge the entries which made the first cut and they will decide on a first prize winner and a runner up prize winner. The (forum) names of the judges will be made public after the competition ends.
    • Judges decisions are final.
    • Any entry which the staff deems inappropriate will not qualify and will be removed from this thread.

And on a final note: From now on we'll strive to hold one of these competitions every single month here on the Eidos Forums!

But like I said in the previous competition: while we do keep our competitions open to everyone including fresh new members, more perks will be given to those members who actively contribute to our community. So keep this in mind and spend some quality time here. We appreciate forum loyalty and reward it

Good luck, everyone!

Small print:
    1. Winners will be notified within 52 days of closing date by e-mail or Private Message on http://forums.eidosgames.com/. 2. A list of winners, including names and country, will be available within 6 weeks of competition closing. These can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed Envelope to the Promoter (see 9 below). 3. Square Enix Europe accept no responsibility for entries/prizes lost or distorted in transmission. 4. There is no cash alternative to the prizes. 5. Square Enix Europe reserves the right to substitute prizes with others of at least equivalent value. 6. Competition not open to employees of Square Enix Europe, their agents and suppliers. 7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to. 8. No purchase necessary. 9. The competition promoter is Square Enix Europe, Wimbledon Bridge House, 1 Hartfield Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 3RU.

I'm excited to see what you all come up with!!

Incredible prizes. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to everyone! I don't even know how to open up photoshop so that's my place in the running sabotaged lol.

(Just a notice, when I click on the "Gamer status" link, it says "Invalid FAQ Item specified")
    Adventure found me...

Four knocked up fast for the heck of it!

I've kept 'em pretty small, but if you prefer thumbnails, let me know, please
    signature image

Anyone explain how i do the picture caption and upload it thanks.

Dippy,

* Get image from official thread (Linked to in original post)

* Use photo-editing software to play and/or add caption (Even MS Paint is capable of this).

* Upload your image to an image hosting site.

* Use image code to display the result here.

Hope that helps
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dippy2 View Post
    Anyone explain how i do the picture caption and upload it thanks.
    1) Download a picture from this thread on your hard drive.
    2) Use a program like Paint or Photoshop (30 days free trial) or Gimp (free) to add a speech balloon and type whatever you want in it (take Elliot Kane's post for example).
    3) Upload it on Imageshack or Photobucket (free registration needed for the last one).
    4) Post it here
    Adventure found me...

dippy2, you can use my own image hosting service for this comp, if you'd like

http://driber.net/os/userpics/up/

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

signature image

Keep cool, Lara.

Contest Entry

Quote Originally Posted by Clara View Post
    (Just a notice, when I click on the "Gamer status" link, it says "Invalid FAQ Item specified")
    Oops, I forgot that we recently re-did our FAQ pages and that the old link isn't working anymore (I already wrote up this comp thread a few weeks ago).

I fixed the link in the first post. Thank you for letting me know and kudos on your diligence!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Devastation - The New Fragrence by Lara Croft

(click image to enlarge)

edit: thumbnailed image(s)
    edit: sry ^^

Lara Piñata ?

So far, every single entry had me giggling stupidly

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    (I already wrote up this comp thread a few weeks ago)
    Whaaaaat?! This has been ready for weeeeeeeeks and you didn't say anything? (seriously, you're welcome )
    Adventure found me...

Smile

Ok, here's my entry. Good luck for me and for everyone else...

(click image to enlarge)

Hilarity!

Awesome stuff so far, everyone

Keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRufina View Post
    Good luck to everyone! I don't even know how to open up photoshop so that's my place in the running sabotaged lol.
    You don't need any fancy photo editing software; just plain old MS Paint will do. If you have an idea for a funny caption, just load the image in paint and within minutes you'll figure out how to add a simple caption; it's dead easy

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    I've kept 'em pretty small, but if you prefer thumbnails, let me know, please
    Those were good size for this thread. Big enough to see the content in one go without having to click on anything and small enough to not distort the forum view

For images larger than 800 pixels wide, the BB code [THUMB] is recommended. There's a shortcut icon for it in the message editing toolbar.

Whaaaaat?! This has been ready for weeeeeeeeks and you didn't say anything? (seriously, you're welcome )
    I like to plan ahead. And not gonna run 2 comps at the same time of course, hehe.

So far, every single entry had me giggling stupidly
    Me to!

Ahem, well, in a masculine way, of course...

My first entry:

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Are we allowed to further edit the image? By like...adding items that help our caption a bit?

Sorry f it was said in the opening post, I am one of the many with a short attention span. :/

Some of these are really making me laugh! Amazing competition Driber

Ah! Editing is acceptable, I read!

(click image to enlarge)

I hope it doesn't degrade Lara and Roth too much.

edit: And if the beer is unacceptable, than no more Karl Stewart podcasts on this forum.

edit: Not that he drinks and drives...oh God. :/

Quote Originally Posted by larafan-25 View Post
    Are we allowed to further edit the image? By like...adding items that help our caption a bit?

Sorry f it was said in the opening post, I am one of the many with a short attention span. :/
    Yes you may, as long as it's decent and in good taste and doesn't break any of our forum rules (no profanity, no sexual imagery, etc)

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast