Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Romance?

Romance?

Romance?

Are there any romantic options in this game?

Vending machines.

Originally Posted by NKD
    Vending machines.
    rofl

Vending Machines are totally the new companion cube.

What exactly do you mean by 'Romance options'?

My gosh, I hope not. This is not Bioware, after all.

Originally Posted by DXeXodus
    Vending Machines are totally the new companion cube.

What exactly do you mean by 'Romance options'?
    What do you think I mean? I mean are there any women in the game that Adam can have sexual relations with.

Originally Posted by Asterisk
    Wrong forum. Go here

This is a RPG. I want to RPG some romance.

Deus ex is not about fulfilling some teeny angst romance fantasy, so no.

Sorry nobody is willing to romance Adam Jensen

Freaking Bioware makes newbies think RPGs are about romances.
    Go play a Visual Novel if you want a virtual romance so much!

no - Adam lacks proper augumentations/prostetics

Bioware is one of my fav devs out there but no, i do not want romance in this game. It's better that it focuses on other things.

To answer your question, one reviewer in a magazine said that during the game there seems to be one romance option that could "open up" but never does. Take that as you will.

Anyway, if you know the storyline you should be aware that Adam shouldn't be in much of a hurry to get back to a relationship...

No, this isn't a Bioware game. You could always try your hand at actual real life romance.

That kind of attitude towards "newcomers" will just result in less sales. Gj

Deleted the last bunch of posts as they were not only off topic but completely pointless in the whole.

Today is a bad day

I hope there's no forced, stupid, moronic romance in this game like mass effect and dragon age.
    signature image

Originally Posted by KingNL
    I hope there's no forced, stupid, moronic romance in this game like mass effect and dragon age.
    iirc, all romances in those two games were optional, none were forced on you.

None the less it is an interesting question.
    Doom befall you

Originally Posted by sajin
    ummm... morgan anybody? also anders was pushy about it in DA2. as for mass effect yeah it didnt feel forced.

OT: if they do it naturally then sure but i prefer they just left out the love scenes.

Originally Posted by sajin
    I always thought Morrigan was pretty forced...the rest though, nah, they're avoidable. But I think literally everyone I've spoken to about Mass Effect has done like every single romance option. They love there waifu's.

Originally Posted by Jack Dandy
    Freaking Bioware makes newbies think RPGs are about romances.
    Go play a Visual Novel if you want a virtual romance so much!
    Freaking newbies think RPGs are all about shooting and talking to people.

If RPG stands for Role Playing Game, which would be an immersive game where you must roleplay - that is, act like a person inside the game (instead of jumping around like in Mario), then i think its natural to expect a romance in such.

However, this is a Deus Ex game, and that comes first. Deus Ex is a serious, dark game. There's no such thing as romance. We're dealing with special operations to save the planet from worldwide conspiracies, involving aliens, robots, cyborgs, terrorrists and orange sodas.

You dont have time to sit down and talk to the ladies. You have more important stuff to deal with.
    Visits the forum once every six months.

Originally Posted by AlexOfSpades
    Freaking newbies think RPGs are all about shooting and talking to people.

If RPG stands for Role Playing Game, which would be an immersive game where you must roleplay - that is, act like a person inside the game (instead of jumping around like in Mario), then i think its natural to expect a romance in such.
    Well given that the main character's recently ex-long term girlfriend was just brutally murdered I think it's natural that romance is the last thing on his mind and revenge the foremost.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last