Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456

Thread: Re-Release - HD or Remake

Re-Release - HD or Remake

Less portables remakes and more full next gen remakes. We deserve a new game coming from the older one not a refreshed-graphics port from the original to spend our money in the same stuff. They should work on a full remake for pc/ps4/Xbox one and not to sell breadcrumbs from games who also deserve a better treatment

Red Face (Embarrassed) Final Fantasy VIII

I can't tell you how sad I am to see that FFVII is getting a remake when no one bothers with VIII or IX. VIII was such an amazing game with great characters and story. So much to do and I loved the map. Don't get me wrong I think all the old final fantasy games deserve a remake they're all so amazing and better than the new ones being produced. But I'd love to see an HD version of VIII more than anything. I have a heart problem and I hope one day before it gives out on me that I can see my favorite game in high definition. I even have the cover art from VIII's game case tattooed on my leg. Oh please let them remaster VIII. Of course I'm still excited to play VII when it's released but I'd be first in line for VIII.

You're not the only one.

Definitely.

FFVIII Remake

I do realize there is already a thread for this, but I was hoping to spark interest in it in a more explained way with the original post. There should definitely be a remake for FFVIII, as they're doing with FFVII, for a few reasons:

1. FFVIII is one of the more popular titles in the series, mostly being the second favorite from what I've seen from polls.
    2. It would be somewhat of a second chance for them to fix a lot of the things hated about it, and also spark more love for the older games that AREN'T FFVII. They could fix the whole "everyone hates Rinoa" thing, as well as some of the faulty battle systems (which I thought they were all great but it's a common complaint among those who don't like repetitive tasks.)
    3. It would be another chance to tell a story of a title that really should have been voiced, it being one of the few games (like FFVII) that weren't voiced that should have been, and the possibilities for theatrics are so strong. I want nothing more than to see the GFs in extremely well done CGI.
    4. It would take little work on their end. They already have a general notion of the dialogue, all of the story is written, all of the locations and templates for all of the characters and locations and such are done. It's just creating the actual game, voicing, and rehauling the battle systems to make the m more favorable. (Again, I disagree with this, but it's a common thought.)
    5. Since they wouldn't have to spend money on as many writers and spend as much time on creating the story and such, the game would be essentially pure profit.

So, all in all, it is an extremely good idea for a remake. Any thoughts? Questions, comments, ideas, snide remarks?

*desperately hopes this forum post somehow sparks the idea of a remake of FFVII proportions on the corporate level*

+1 FFVIII would be so epic on the remake, it has a dark atmosphere coz the sorceress dominator etc.

Square Enix please make FFVIII Remake.

As much as i am a final fantasy fan.... FFVII has been done to death.... and now a remake... i want to see FFVIII either remastered or remade!

List of Final Fantasy VII games and movies...
    Final Fantasy VII
    Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Last Order: Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
    Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode - Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding
    Final Fantasy VII - Remake

List of Final Fantasy VIII games and movies...
    Final Fantasy VIII

....Enough Said!

We WANT a FFVIII REMAKE!

As much as i am a final fantasy fan.... FFVII has been done to death.... and now a remake... i want to see FFVIII either remastered or remade!

List of Final Fantasy VII games and movies...
    Final Fantasy VII
    Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Last Order: Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
    Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
    Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode - Final Fantasy VII
    Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding
    Final Fantasy VII - Remake

List of Final Fantasy VIII games and movies...
    Final Fantasy VIII

....Enough Said!

Final Fantasy VIII remastered with more sorceress storyline would be great! Please Square, do a remastered version, It's the best game I ever played in my life (with great music and story and all) And having that Rinoa is Ultimecia... love this game so much.

**HOPE SQUARE ENIX CAN READ THIS**

I would love to get a FF-VIII PS4 HD remaster! Same with FF-IX and all the old Square Soft rpgs on SNES. I would buy them all!

FFVII is my all time favorit game, but Im afraid that SquareEnix will mess it up. Like the whole FF13 series.

Turn base rpgs for life!

Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456