Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: No exit wounds = massive immersion killer.

No exit wounds = massive immersion killer.

No exit wounds = massive immersion killer.

Hey guys,

I'm pretty pumped as the next person about the release of this game, but there's one thing that really kills me inside whenever I watch footage. No exit wounds. Especially with the melee attacks, it just ends up looking really bizarre with a blade sticking out of somebody moving about freely.

Does anybody know if they plan on doing anything about this?

why are people complaining about such trivial things? simplified gameplay & lack of colour are more important!

Lack of colour? Trivial things? The irony...

I think exit wounds would probably raise the ESRB unnecessarily.

It's all opinion. I think that the color schemes fine but other's think it ruin's the game. What's small to you is big to other's and vice verse.
    I am Parado! God of opposites, contradictions and paradoxes!

Come on man they can't implement every little thing in the game, the things they already have in there are so immersive it's crazy..
    signature image

my opinion is more important this time. any big fan of dx1 would agree

No, my opinion is correct

*smug*

Originally Posted by iloveyouXWORLD
    my opinion is more important this time. any big fan of dx1 would agree
    Dx1 used heavy blacks and blues. As a big Dx1 fan I don't agree.

One question, are you a native speaker of english iloveyouworld?

Originally Posted by nutcrackr
    Dx1 used heavy blacks and blues. As a big Dx1 fan I don't agree.
    dx1 was full of colour. your wrong. yeah alot of blue sometimes but still plenty of everything else.

This isn't King's bounty

A better artistic style is more attractive than a plain "full" colored look. Cause it's that, plain. [<- only applies to some games, HR being one of them] Blizzard has been doing this for years with each of their releases.

Either way this is drifting off topic

dx1 had artistic style and plenty of colour.

on topic: exit wounds would be nice but so would gibbing

Gibbing??? What is this Duke Nukem? Im sorry but Deus Ex is supposed to be a serious game
    signature image

It's unfortunate that they weren't implemented, but it should just be a minor detail that shouldn't detract much from the overall experience.

Originally Posted by CoDEllite
    Gibbing??? What is this Duke Nukem? Im sorry but Deus Ex is supposed to be a serious game
    <removed> troll you aint even played dx1, which gibbing was a part of. and why should it not be in human revolution? when you blow someone up in real life they explode into little body parts do they not?

look codelite, im sorry but dont comment on what deus ex is "supposed to be" when you havent played any games in the series.

You want Soldier of Fortune type of gore where you see guts spilling out and enemies grasping their insides?

its just a trivial feature, but yet it was another feature removed from dx1.
    i wanted to carve up the evidence rather than hide the body! LOL the game IS all about choice after all
    nah like i said my main concern is gameplay and level variety + colour. (i did not say variety this time but have moaned bout it many times before. i fear the levels will have a similar feel/look to them. and my fears came true- one review stated that there was alot of office complexes that looked the same, and every screenshot i see is black & gold)

Does anyone else think some posts by a certain user should be moderated?

Originally Posted by tZer
    Does anyone else think some posts by a certain user should be moderated?
    and what posts would that be?
    i see no rules broken
    maybe cos i derailed the thread? almost every thread on this forum has been derailed at some point, it will get back on track if anyone wishes it.

Originally Posted by iloveyouXWORLD
    and what posts would that be?
    i see no rules broken
    maybe cos i derailed the thread? almost every thread on this forum has been derailed at some point, it will get back on track if anyone wishes it.
    "<removed> troll you aint even played dx1"

Or a.k.a I'm the only one on this forum who has played DX1 seriously. That's what you're making yourself out to be right now.

Originally Posted by ocstew
    "GTFO troll you aint even played dx1"

Or a.k.a I'm the only one on this forum who has played DX1 seriously. That's what you're making yourself out to be right now.
    LOL so i disagree with a couple of people about the colour scheme of dx1 and that means i think im the only one who has played dx1?

also didnt the abbreviation & word "<removed> & troll" both originate on forums?

codelite has NOT played dx1 before, he said so himself. if thats what your talking about.

This thread = massive brain cell killer.

To try and get back ON topic gentlemen.

More or less the lack of entry and exit wounds for such things as fatal take downs and so on, as to do a bit with realism. Ever seen what happens to a boar when its hit at close range in the head with a 12 gauge shotgun ?

I have and really in a game,I dont want to see anything like that at all. It is not pleasing at all to see.In effect the lack of exit and entry wounds may be due in part to it being a bit too gory for some, despite the titles mature rating.
    Doom befall you

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last