Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CrystalD officials introduction and welcome thread!

CrystalD officials introduction and welcome thread!

Yo fellow Tomb Raider fans,

As we all know, communication between dev teams and the fan base is important.

We've all seen Meagan already doing an excellent job so far in her new role as CrystalD's Community Manager through this forum, and now, in spirit of the ongoing forum improvements we've been rolling out in the past few months here on the official forum, we will be joined by a number of key people from CrystalD!

Work schedules permitting, they will be popping in here on a regular basis to see what's brewing in the Tomb Raider community and to interact with you all. We're also planning to organize a number of dev Q&A sessions with them in the near future right here on this forum.

So now is your chance to get in touch with the people behind the scenes of what already promises to be an awesome game

Please all join me in giving our new forum members a warm welcome and say hi to Karl Stewart (Global Brand Director), Brian Horton (Art Director), Brent Dady (Senior Brand Manager), Chris Johnston (Brand Coordinator) and Alex Wilmer (Sound Designer)

To the very observant forum members among us; yes, this thread has already been around for a while. It was in a hidden forum while we collected all the "hello" posts from the CD guys and only just now moved it to the TR9 forum to introduce the whole gang to you all in one go ;-)

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Hello everyone!

Chances are you already know me from lurking about the forums, but there's no harm in a second introduction. As Driber mentioned, I'm the current Community Manager at CrystalD, and a huge Tomb Raider fan. Prior to this gig, I worked at Game Informer and wrote the article that introduced Tomb Raider to the world. The rest is history...or something!

I look forward to interacting with you more through the rest of the campaign. As always, thanks for your support!

Meagan Marie

Hey everybody,

My name is Chris and I am the Brand Coordinator here at Crystal Dynamics. I think of myself as an avid gamer but have been too busy working on the awesomeness that is Tomb Raider to play much games lately. Looking forward to talking Tomb Raider with you all and thanks for your support!

@CdotJohnston

What's up, peeps?

I'm Brent, the Senior Brand Manager here at Crystal, responsible for bringing the Tomb Raider franchise to the international marketplace. It's my responsibility to get you, the fans, excited about the game, and to also attract as many new fans to the awesome world of Tomb Raider, so we can keep the dream alive and keep making more exciting Lara Croft experiences for everyone.

I am proud to say I'm also the reigning Crystal Dynamics Ping-Pong singles and doubles champion -- so it's totally cool if you refer to me as Dr. Ping Pong or some other honorific referring to how I pwn Chris Johnston, Brand Coordinator (see above post), at The Beautiful Game. Seriously, my record against him is like 250 - 10, all time. I'm the McEnroe to his Borg. Hi, Chris!

I'm excited to get my feet wet in these forums and answer any and all questions that won't get me fired, and to hopefully get a chance to meet some of you IRL at some of our upcoming events and trade shows.

Hi everyone,

Karl here. Well, I'm sure a lot of you already know who I am but for those of you that do not, I am the Global Brand Director for Tomb Raider/Crystal Dynamics and one of the key spokespersons (is that a word??) for Tomb Raider. You'll hear a lot from me as the next year progresses. Get used to hearing my voice and listening to my rants, as I mean business when I say that I will be doing my utmost darnedest (again, is that a word?) to make sure we put this new version of Tomb Raider on the map.

All I seem to be doing is spend my time sitting in meetings, interviews or on planes, so hopefully I'll get into the forums to give you all an update on what's happening in my world as it goes down. In the meantime, keep abreast of what's going on in the world of Tomb Raider (and my own) via Twitter - @Tombraider & @crystaldkarl

All the best,

Karl

Hello Everyone,

I'm Alex, I'm a Sound Designer / Audio Engineer here at Crystal Dynamics. Its my job to record Sound Effects, Dialogue and Music and add them to the games that we make here.

On Tomb Raider I do a little of everything but my main focus is music. Specifically, I work with our composer to create the score and then design systems to play the score back in the game.

Our goal is to create a soundtrack that adapts to support the emotional arc of Lara's journey and for it to react seamlessly depending on how you play the game.

I am thrilled to be part of such an incredible project and to have such an active community to support us. One thing that surprised me when I joined this company was just how much the developers here listen to the community and how much of an impact it has on the final product.

Even if we don't always reply, you can count on being heard. We make these games for you!

Cheers,

Alex

@alwilmer

Hey Everyone...

I'm very excited to speak to you all through the forums, as a huge Tomb Raider fan myself it's been a dream project to be a part of. As Senior Art Director, it's my responsibility to ensure the characters, environments, FX, graphic design and overall visual presentation lives up to the highest standard. I look forward to your thoughts and questions as we continue our development of Tomb Raider.

Please feel free to follow me on twitter @BrianHortonArt. I discuss Tomb Raider news as well as updates for my fine art projects outside the studio.

Cheers,

Brian

Welcome guys, and of course gal

Am personally very very excited about the new tombraider, and not just cos have played it Its got a lot to live up to with recent releases, and i have an even harder challenge, as my better half is the biggest TR fan i know (and i know a LOT of em) she will be on me like a hawk if she thinks something is wrong
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Ahhh J, always showing off your perks as an inside man

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

chip5541 is offline Battlestations: Midway Lieutenant Commander
    Hidy Ho good neighbor. Welcome and salutations.

Welcome everyone!!!
    This is so awesome to have you guys here on the forums!!!
    signature image

Awesome! Hello, welcome, CD-people!
    I'm looking forward to those Q&A-sessions, since I'm thinking about studying something with game development/programming/design/... So I might have some questions that are not specific about TR. And if these are not allowed, well, I have still enough questions to ask about TR.

Anyways, keep up the good work. I'm very curious how the final product will look like.
    "I'm an outlaw, not a hero. I never intended to rescue you. We're our own dragons as well as our own heroes, and we have to rescue ourselves from ourselves."

Wooh! More awesome people! Hi!
    signature image

Welcome I like the fact that lots of CD employees will browse the forum.

Welcome to all the CD workers, I really appreciate to be very close to all the responsible of the new Tomb Raider and have fun with them on the forum
    signature image

Wow, this is amazing, you're more than welcome here Q&A sessions, woohoo
    Just want to compliment Alex and the composer, the music in the trailer is so awesome, I wonder if it's going to be the Main theme ^^ And all of you, of course, this game... it's just something else
    Anyways, looking forward to your interaction with this forum, there are plenty awesome threads Cheers! ^^
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Ahh, these are the people we yell at, harass and generally be evil to if Lara's using the wrong kind of nail polish? Good to know!

More seriously - welcome, all
    signature image

Howdy... a sort of contradiction as I don't think any of us in Britain say that....

Anyway, I just have one point to make out... Make TR continue from where MGS finished; by showing the outside gaming world what can be done with story-telling in games and direction!

Welcome everyone from CD . Great to have you here interacting with us and showing such intrest on our thoughts on the new game. We have a great community and everyone here really loves Lara so I'm sure if you get involved know you will really enjoy your time on the forum.
    signature image

Welcome guys, it's good to have you around these parts.
    Make a cup of tea. Enjoy a nice cheddar. Always bring a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    Ahh, these are the people we yell at, harass and generally be evil to if Lara's using the wrong kind of nail polish? Good to know!

More seriously - welcome, all
    Ha. Yes! Establishing a suitable nail color for Lara is our utmost priority.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Ha. Yes! Establishing a suitable nail color for Lara is our utmost priority.
    Excellent! I for one am relieved to hear this!
    signature image

Woo hoo, new members from CD! Welcome everyone!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast