Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: DX:HR "SAVES" - All Discussion

DX:HR "SAVES" - All Discussion

  1. #1

    DX:HR "SAVES" - All Discussion

    *Moderator Edit*

    Summary of Q&As


    Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    The game uses steamcloud so all your saves are stored locally and synced up to the cloud when you exit out. If you log into your account on another pc you get your saves immediately...

    PC has 99 save slots





    ___


    Will there be auto saves or save anywere on the pc version. I hate auto saves

  2. #2
    Pretty sure its been stated on one of the feeds that on PC you can save anywhere. There is a quick save function. Also, the game does have auto save/checkpoints I believe. Not sure why you'd be horribly against those though unless you're that nit picky about hard drive space.

  3. #3
    There's no "checkpoints" but the game does save automatically at certain points; you can quick save whenever you want though.

  4. #4
    You can save anywhere, even on console.

  5. #5
    You have autosaves, manual saves and one quicksave slot.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by KommissarK
    Pretty sure its been stated on one of the feeds that on PC you can save anywhere. There is a quick save function. Also, the game does have auto save/checkpoints I believe. Not sure why you'd be horribly against those though unless you're that nit picky about hard drive space.
    No, 2 reasons. 1st I work and have a wife which sometimes demands immediate attention & not as soon as I kill this guy (lol). 2nd and even bigger is that replaying one section over & over again is sortta not that much fun. And having been stuck with auto save in the past with pc games that SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER If the game has auto save only its gotta be one ***ing hell of a game to even get me to consider it.

  7. #7
    I find it depends.

    I prefer manual save anywhere, but I can understand why a game like Alpha Protocol implemented it. It's unfortunate that they felt they had to implement it though, but I have learned that people aren't really so keen on the idea of consequences in their game, but rather varying degrees of success.

  8. #8

    PC Question - Does DX:HR support multiple profiles for different saved games?

    I'm going to be sharing DX:HR with a roommate, and I'm really hoping I wont have to manually transfer saved games back and forth in windows explorer...

    Does anyone (maybe who played the leak) have any info on whether the game supports something like this? It would be good for people in general who want to have different playthrough's going simultaneously.

  9. #9
    For a long time now, games have been using window's built in "user profiles" to separate saved games and settings.
    If you want to manage 2 players, simply create another user account and the game (if run from that user) will handle the rest.

  10. #10

    Big Grin

    Well said Mosillivo!

  11. I don't know, that's pretty darn tedious. You'd have to log on either user account simply for a savegame change? How about, you know, what games have been doing for even longer: savegames? As in I save a game to a specified location? Games like Dragon Age are even smart enough to do it by character; at the very least I expect to be able to save to multiple locations.
    Oft we walk the edge, never afraid, always curious.

  12. #12
    Steamcloud?

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by pha
    Steamcloud?
    I don't think this will help the 2 guys who want to share 1 copy of the game

    Didn't realise that consoles had "save anywhere". And there was me thinking that the PC quick save/load was specifically developed for PC. Wonder how long quick loads will take? We'll find out soon enough...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    The game uses steamcloud so all your saves are stored locally and synced up to the cloud when you exit out. If you log into your account on another pc you get your saves immediately..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

  15. Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    The game uses steamcloud so all your saves are stored locally and synced up to the cloud when you exit out. If you log into your account on another pc you get your saves immediately..
    But you can still have multiple self chosen saves, ja? I guess I'll find out in a few hours.
    Oft we walk the edge, never afraid, always curious.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    Originally Posted by Cerulean Shaman
    But you can still have multiple self chosen saves, ja? I guess I'll find out in a few hours.
    yeh you have an autosave slot, which the game updates, a separate quick save slot, and then the manual slots you control and if you want just overwrite the 1 save all the time,
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

  17. Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    yeh you have an autosave slot, which the game updates, a separate quick save slot, and then the manual slots you control and if you want just overwrite the 1 save all the time,
    Actually, I wanted multiple save files in case my house mates wanted to hop on and try the game. One of Square's previous titles, Front Mission Evolved, didn't quite work like that and a friend of mine ended up making me a sad panda by mistake...

    Anyway, thanks for the info! I'm happy to hear that.
    Oft we walk the edge, never afraid, always curious.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    Originally Posted by Cerulean Shaman
    Actually, I wanted multiple save files in case my house mates wanted to hop on and try the game. One of Square's previous titles, Front Mission Evolved, didn't quite work like that and a friend of mine ended up making me a sad panda by mistake...

    Anyway, thanks for the info! I'm happy to hear that.
    The save slots are numbered, so if you tell ya mate to only use slot 2 etc..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    The save slots are numbered, so if you tell ya mate to only use slot 2 etc..
    Would you know if there is still a cap on how many saves you can have?

  20. #20
    Bugger -long load times - "the loading times punish you. On our none-too-shabby PC, they clocked up 20 to 30 seconds; running off disc on 360, we sometimes sat there waiting for just under a minute." (From Edge review)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    Originally Posted by Dr Bob
    Would you know if there is still a cap on how many saves you can have?
    Hm i not sure if theres a cap on pc, i think console has a cap ..

    update - PC has 99 save slots.. enough?
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Hm i not sure if theres a cap on pc, i think console has a cap ..

    update - PC has 99 save slots.. enough?
    Oh yes! Most certainly...

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    PC has 99 save slots.. enough?
    FFS PREORDER CANCELED


  24. #24
    Originally Posted by pha
    FFS PREORDER CANCELED

    I feel sorry for this guy. Cancelled because of 99 save slots?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 1998
    Location
    Blackfriars
    Posts
    3,885
    Originally Posted by musicrab
    I feel sorry for this guy. Cancelled because of 99 save slots?
    i did wonder that
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last