View Poll Results: martial law in london?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes- bring in the real men

32 61.54%
  • no- police can handle it

20 38.46%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: martial law in london

martial law in london

martial law in london

to quote the DX:HR trailer "Breaking news: the riots continue"

But what is the cause of the riots currently underway in the UK? a justified one as seen in DX:HR? nope, just a chance for the scum to go on a rampage, it seems. (there is a cause but it is not confirmed, and if it does get confirmed, it is still not justified)

What the is wrong with people? One day i shall become The punisher. but for now what is your vote?

should we bring in the army to sort out this mess?
    i believe so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46l9R5XUu_A
    enjoy this funny deus ex vid if you dont care bout the riots

Where's the option to just let the people do what they want?
    Hate you can trust.

4. Granted, I am not native to the United Kingdom, but from my limited understanding on the subject it seems a teenager was shot and killed and the riots are a response to this.
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Machina
    Granted, I am not native to the United Kingdom, but from my limited understanding on the subject it seems a teenager was shot and killed and the riots are a response to this.
    nope, a Man, 29yrs old. apparently armed.

6. Granted I am not native to the United Kingdom, but from my limited understanding on the subject, it seems a teenager was shot and killed and the riots are a response to this.

Originally Posted by 1134
    Where's the option to just let the people do what they want?
    Thats what games like deus ex are for, vent your anger at children, hookers, bums or thugs. if thats ur thing.
    it doesnt give you an adrenaline rush. but boxing, extreme sports ect does.

Option 3 - Destroy Area 51.
    Hate you can trust.

option 4 - hack area 51

yeah let's believe the police, if they say the man they murdered was armed why should we question 'em?
    v for vendetta is coming!

If he was armed then it's his own damn fault but I want an investigation or something.
    signature image

Granted I am not native to the United Kingdom, but from my limited understanding on the subject, it seems a teenager was shot and killed and the riots are a response to this.
    Wha? It wasn't some teenager, it was some gangleader who took a shot at the cops.

Yes, I can't imagine the police simply walking up and shooting a teenager, you know, just 'cause. The fact that they say it was a suspect who was armed and dangerous makes sense (Someone threatens your life, you'll defend yourself). The riots arn't about that. The rioters just want a scapegoat to help explain their stupidity. Perhaps I missed the point where all the businesses and individuals whose property is being destroyed are responsible for the teen's death.

These people are idiots.
    "Square Root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed so harmless..."

Originally Posted by iloveyouXWORLD
    to quote the DX:HR trailer "Breaking news: the riots continue"

But what is the cause of the riots currently underway in the UK? a justified one as seen in DX:HR? nope, just a chance for the scum to go on a rampage, it seems. (there is a cause but it is not confirmed, and if it does get confirmed, it is still not justified)

What the is wrong with people? One day i shall become The punisher. but for now what is your vote?

should we bring in the army to sort out this mess?
    i believe so.
    The Punisher eh? Hm...well, I suppose I'll help you. I'll be Vigilante to your Punisher and together we can destroy all crime with any force necessary.

As far as the riots go, another reason for you to move to the US. Haven't had a huge riot since the Race Riots back in the day as far as I can remember. You still have to deal with the WBC, but that's not too bad.

Originally Posted by Romeo
    Yes, I can't imagine the police simply walking up and shooting a teenager, you know, just 'cause. The fact that they say it was a suspect who was armed and dangerous makes sense (Someone threatens your life, you'll defend yourself). The riots arn't about that. The rioters just want a scapegoat to help explain their stupidity. Perhaps I missed the point where all the businesses and individuals whose property is being destroyed are responsible for the teen's death.

These people are idiots.
    Google, "Henry Glover." And if you have Netflix watch "Frontline: Law & Disorder". Changed the way I think of the police forever. I mean, two police officers shot this man and burned the body because he and his brother were looting from a grocery store after Hurricane Katrina (One was the police chief).

edit- not to mention: Danny Brumfield, Keenon McCann, Matthew McDonald, and the Danziger Bridge Incident. All happened after Katrina and all these people were unarmed mostly black men who either died or were seriously injured. The police reports were falsified and changed to say they were armed. Think about it. And back in the day police carried a "ham sandwhich" A.K.A a dirty gun they stashed on people they murdered. Don't believe me? Watch Frontline: Law & Disorder.

edit- #2 guess what was declared in N.O just before all happened? Martial Law.
    ))<>((

15. First of all, I apologize for the double post. Don't know why that happened.

I looked more deeply into the matter and I discovered something interesting. The London Police task force that was responsible for firing on the 29 year old suspect, Mark Duggan, was part of Operation Trident, a predominantly white unit that specifically investigates the black community for gun crime in London.

I've always been aware of the racial tension in the United Kingdom, especially during the 80's and early 90's with Combat 18, but I had no idea that in 2011 there is a modern-day police unit in a modern-day metropolitan city that admittedly, outright states they are committed to racial profiling instead of focusing on the crimes of ALL people. The 29 year old suspect, Mark Duggan, may have been the aggressor and was probably deservedly shot by officers defending themselves, but Operation Trident is a big step back for civilized people everywhere.

I guess some things never change.
    Unprofessional: Never calling back David Bateson AFTER you told him he got the part.

First of all, I apologize for the double post. Don't know why that happened.

I looked more deeply into the matter and I discovered something interesting. The London Police task force that was responsible for firing on the 29 year old suspect, Mark Duggan, was part of Operation Trident, a predominantly white unit that specifically investigates the black community for gun crime in London.

I've always been aware of the racial tension in the United Kingdom, especially during the 80's and early 90's with Combat 18, but I had no idea that in 2011 there is a modern-day police unit in a modern-day metropolitan city that admittedly, outright states they are committed to racial profiling instead of focusing on the crimes of ALL people. The 29 year old suspect, Mark Duggan, may have been the aggressor and was probably deservedly shot by officers defending themselves, but Operation Trident is a big step back for civilized people everywhere.

It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

In Christian iconography the "trident" is a symbol of the Devil. Believe what you wish, but a task force that says it's "looking for guns" is a smoke and mirrors for "we are going to do what we want with you n*s because we don't trust you and we will shoot you if we 'think' you are armed."
    ))<>((

bored teenagers with nothing to do. Bring in Chuck Norris.
    Have fun guys , I remember my first beer...

But seriously , we need FACTS. was he armed? did he threaten police? if so he probably deserved a bullet.
    think if this happened in the U.S, nobody would give a . As I understand it, over there its an everyday occurrence.

One more observation. White people get shot all the time by police, cant really remember there being any riots over it.........

OOOOOO too much truth for anyone? shall I make you a hot drink and get your saftey blanket out??

Occasionally the system thinks you've clicked twice, and it gets dumb and posts two seperate posts, thinking it's what you wanted. It's dumb, don't worry.

You are right, racial profiling has no place in a modern world, and that aspect needs to be dealt with accordingly. A cause for riots? Not really, as the rioters will make the police out to be the good guys in the end, thus undoing such a point.
    Originally Posted by Citizen_Snips
    Google, "Henry Glover." And if you have Netflix watch "Frontline: Law & Disorder". Changed the way I think of the police forever. I mean, two police officers shot this man and burned the body because he and his brother were looting from a grocery store after Hurricane Katrina (One was the police chief).

edit- not to mention: Danny Brumfield, Keenon McCann, Matthew McDonald, and the Danziger Bridge Incident. All happened after Katrina and all these people were unarmed mostly black men who either died or were seriously injured. The police reports were falsified and changed to say they were armed. Think about it. And back in the day police carried a "ham sandwhich" A.K.A a dirty gun they stashed on people they murdered. Don't believe me? Watch Frontline: Law & Disorder.

edit- #2 guess what was declared in N.O just before all happened? Martial Law.
    Oh, I have no doubt that there are a few bad apples in police forces. Hell, in Vancouver we had people in arms over a fellow named Robert J. Never-the-less, until I do watch the films, I'm going to be incredibly skeptical. Most human beings don't simply walk up to another and fire on them unprovoked. There is typically a reason, be it panic, adrenaline or misinformation.

All I can say is if Frontline: Law & Disorder turns out to be like the 9/11 conspiracy videos, I'm going to be utterly pissed at you for wasting my time.
    Originally Posted by ApertureRat
    bored teenagers with nothing to do. Bring in Chuck Norris.
    Have fun guys , I remember my first beer...

But seriously , we need FACTS. was he armed? did he threaten police? if so he probably deserved a bullet.
    think if this happened in the U.S, nobody would give a . As I understand it, over there its an everyday occurrence.

One more observation. White people get shot all the time by police, cant really remember there being any riots over it.........

OOOOOO too much truth for anyone? shall I make you a hot drink and get your saftey blanket out??
    Well, there are "facts", the question is whether or not people think they're trustworthy. Police stated he was an armed agressor and fired upon him. If you believe them, it's justified. If you don't, it's a hate crime. In either case, you are completely right: The riots are not based upon logic, just stupidity.
    "Square Root of 912.04 is 30.2... It all seemed so harmless..."

Originally Posted by ApertureRat
    Fist story by police: Armed gangster, shooting at policeman from his car, who only survived by sheer luck (bullet got stuck in his walkie), was shot down in self defense.

Problem: Turns out that bullet in the walkie was a police issue bullet, and Mark Duggan, the gangster didn't shoot at all (allegedly, still pending investigation). His "gangster" status also is somewhat questionable: He's 29, married, father of three, was never in prison. However, a weapon was found on him, and he might have had connections to a gang called "Star Gang".

Whatever the truth, the initial police version has flaws. They also completely ignored the family of Mr. Duggan and their questions about his death. I strongly condemn the riots, but the case leading to them certainly needs more investigation.

The shooting is no excuse for these riots, whether the shooting was wrong or not. It's led to anarchy, damn YOBs
    destroying property, stealing goods, wasting money, ruining people's lives.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by sajin
    Fist story by police: Armed gangster, shooting at policeman from his car, who only survived by sheer luck (bullet got stuck in his walkie), was shot down in self defense.

Problem: Turns out that bullet in the walkie was a police issue bullet, and Mark Duggan, the gangster didn't shoot at all (allegedly, still pending investigation). His "gangster" status also is somewhat questionable: He's 29, married, father of three, was never in prison. However, a weapon was found on him, and he might have had connections to a gang called "Star Gang".

Whatever the truth, the initial police version has flaws. They also completely ignored the family of Mr. Duggan and their questions about his death. I strongly condemn the riots, but the case leading to them certainly needs more investigation.
    And that's the reason to vandalize London? I start to think that people in UK are just morons in general and not only when they visit my country and start to drink till they don't know what they are doing (it seems for English drunks it is normal to piss all over our Liberty monument and after that to oppose the arrest and in the morning act like a saint who hasn't done anything).
    I bet there was a reason police shot at him even if he didn't shot at them. How about carrying a gun? Did he had license to do that? Normally you can have a gun in your house in safe etc but not to carry it around whenever and wherever you want.

Originally Posted by Brock
    And that's the reason to vandalize London? I start to think that people in UK are just morons in general and not only when they visit my country and start to drink till they don't know what they are doing (it seems for English drunks it is normal to piss all over our Liberty monument and after that to oppose the arrest and in the morning act like a saint who hasn't done anything).
    That's the description of the average British "holidaymaker".

(click image to enlarge)

When I first saw the images of the aftermath, the first thing I though of was Deus Ex

I gotta say, WTF people! WTF! Causing all this mayhem because of one person being killed, which may or may not be true, (the reason not the person dying), is just insane.

I was looking at some of the pictures online, burnt out cars, people looting a Carhart store, one person blatantly torching a car, most of these places look like a war zone. There's an 89 year old man's store that was sacked. All he did was give hair cuts, why would you hurt someone like that?! What could you even possibly steal of value from there?

This angers and saddens me. That people can go to such terrible depths, just for a little anarchy. I'm really, really, considering joining iloveyouXWORLD's vigilante crusade. When you mess with people that can't fight back, then you cross a line.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last