Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Legacy of Kain 6 - The first section of the game

The Real Blood Curse = Blood Omen 2.

BO2 is the curse WE were afflicted with, and have never found a way to cure.

If more people had just been happy with BO2, they could have accepted it as the thing Kain worried about at the end of SR2.

Because that's what the game was meant to be: it was supposed to answer the lingering question, "What hylden trap was Kain worried about at the end of SR2?" Well whoot there it is. BO2. Then Defiance confirmed that the hylden's hopes were indeed cranked up to 11---- BO2 was their baby. So it's only dissatisfaction with BO2 that makes us say 'No, that wasn't really the hylden's baby.... they secretly had twins!.... there must be another scheme, and it's just been hidden from us like Leia was hidden from Darth.' .....Well Luke is what we were given, so for the last 23 years I've been trying to come to terms with Mark Hamill's poor acting so I can get the most enjoyment out of Star Wars that I can. Same thing with BO2.

We're hoping real hard for more games. That's why I think we allow one line of dialogue ("The hylden! We fell right into their trap!") to trump an entire game (BO2). Surely, he must have been talking about something more than pesky little BO2! But regardless of whether we're happy with it or not, that mad-lib blank has already been filled in with "BO2". (The world fell into the hylden trap for 200 years in BO2.)

So I'm going to still hope for more games but not base my hopes on finally getting to see what Kain was worried about. Because I believe we've already seen that. The present moment should be Kain's worry from here on.

(Also, when I said it was a mistake for Kain to slaughter the BO2 vampires, I was mostly talking about the non-traitors. The traitors? )

Marry me.
    "Hope."

Those long distance relationships never work.

Tell me about it. TheHylden refused too.
    "Hope."

I still say that Kain could have been referring to Janos falling into the Demon Dimension. It makes sense to me. That he's worried about what could happen because of that.
    And I personally liked Blood Omen 2, though I do realize that there were mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha View Post
    I still say that Kain could have been referring to Janos falling into the Demon Dimension. It makes sense to me. That he's worried about what could happen because of that.
    And I personally liked Blood Omen 2, though I do realize that there were mistakes.
    I agree Janos falling into the DD can safely add to the reasons.
    "Hope."

Yes, but it has to be what happens to him in the dimension, which is an extension still we don't know about. The reason being that, before Janos was raised on the timeline, Kain never revived him and used him for anything, so the question remains what is so bad about removing Janos from the world, when he was dead previously? That is the event that never has been told, and what further needs to be explained. Why is Janos' fall so vital that Kain literally realed from it? Find out next time on ... wait Well, maybe next time, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Yes, but it has to be what happens to him in the dimension, which is an extension still we don't know about. The reason being that, before Janos was raised on the timeline, Kain never revived him and used him for anything, so the question remains what is so bad about removing Janos from the world, when he was dead previously? That is the event that never has been told, and what further needs to be explained. Why is Janos' fall so vital that Kain literally realed from it? Find out next time on ... wait Well, maybe next time, heh.
    Well, he got into the Demon Realm instead of just staying dead, but this is just what happened to him in the end. Before that, we know that he was used to put Hylden stuff in motion. "Great harm will come of [The Heart of Darkness'] use." Since Kain is referring to making Janos live again. What happens to him in life is indeed a problem. But again, we end up in the 'pointlessness' of this trouble. In fact, I think this post is completely useless. I dunno, I'll let you judge.

I guess we will really find out next time,
    In another life,
    In another dream,
    By a different name.
    "Hope."

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgbrtzchllha View Post
    I still say that Kain could have been referring to Janos falling into the Demon Dimension. He's worried about what could happen because of that. And I personally liked Blood Omen 2.
    To the hylden, Janos is like a Swiss army knife. They can do all sorts of things with him, as they've shown. So Kain doesn't have to know what's coming next. Just knowing that they have Janos is enough to worry over.

You know how car companies first build a prototype, then if people like it they build a bunch more. It could be like that with the Mass. What if in the banishment zone there's a whole huge oil field full of Mass creatures working away instead of oil derricks? All of them powering something unstoppable, using as their batteries a bunch of hylden whom Janos was forced to turn into vampires..... So what we saw in BO2 was just the test run, the tip of the 'berg.

I'd like to see a revelation about how the Mass creatures and the Squid are related, too. Like he used to be one of them but then busted loose and became so much more...... or EG is the ghost of a Mass who died from an overload of energy long ago when his Machine was reversed so that it DREW IN energies from everyone instead of SENDING OUT energies to kill everyone....... (This could be what made Squid feel like he's at the center of everything, the 'hub of the wheel.' After the original event was over, the process continued and Squid continued drawing in all souls like a black hole at the heart of the abyss.)

and I'd like to see a DEEP PAST time travel to when the hylden were healthy and they fought with the leviathan in the Lake of Tears (Big Boss Big Boss). And they were about to expose the truth to the vampires and save them from the monster's mental control but then EG twisted events so that everyone from both species who knew the truth could no longer work together because the rest of the unenlightened masses would now kill them on sight as traitors, and this led to them being damned, shunned, or dead. (Also, it's possible that Kain could make a real difference in this battle, right? Or fulfill history but in a way that's much improved, you know? Because the Scion has never lived long enough to make that trip until now, so this timeline's "new history" might hold some surprises. Like maybe he doesn't win in the past but he's able to set up a win in the future by what he does back then. Some tricky use of the timeline to benefit vampires for once. And he could see Janos way back when and send a message to him that Janos won't understand until millennia later after he's trapped in the Banishment. That way they could conspire across the ages and be on the same page suddenly when it comes time to whomp up on the hylden's plans. Whatever.)

Then again, I'd like to know how the Demon Realm works. I'd be dissapointed if what we saw in Defiance is the whole definition of it, (just another spectral realm but less spectral and more red and painful).
    "Hope."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234