Thread: "Croft Manor" Achievement Issue (Xbox 360)

Question "Croft Manor" Achievement Issue (Xbox 360)

Hey

I am nearly done with my Anniversary run on Xbox 360. I am playing the disc based version and this achievement didn't unlock.

I have finished the Time Trial for Croft Manor and got the achievement for that, which is odd when you think about it. So, time trial and all artifacts for Croft Manor are down.

Does anyone know if I have to read the books as well? I'm pretty sure you can't skip any collectibles anyway as the whole level is based on inventory progression, so other than the journal (which I always get anyway), everything else is required to proceed.

Anyone ever experienced something like this? Any way around it?

Meanwhile I'll focus on finishing Obelisk of Khamoon without dying for my last Iron Raider achievement.

Sorry for this massive bump, but I wanted to report further on the case (seeing as this topic also came up on Google).

I picked up on the Xbox 360 version again last week, determined to get my 1000G. So I deleted all TRA saved data from my HDD and started fresh, but pretty much repeating my "MO": finish main game first (I had missed two achievements in Egypt) and only then going for Croft Manor.

I was careful in the Manor to do things differently, so not only I picked up everything but I also made sure to interact with every button and switch (not the books though) and only picked up the bow after reactivating the water pumps. I ran through Croft Manor twice, first accessing it from the main menu and then right after launching it from the Replay Level menu... Both times I entered the music room to be greeted by nothing but the level stats screen.

Frustrated, but still not willing to give up, I decided to delete everything again, but this time around I didn't touch the main game and hopped on straight to the Croft Manor. .. Can't really say I was surprised when the achievement finally popped up on the first try of this approach, though I'm still at a loss about what could have glitched it not once, but twice.

Still, happy to have my 1000G... and now I'm replaying the entire game one last time just for the sake of rebuilding my 100% savegame.