Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Deus Ex: Human Revolution: PROMO TRUCK TOUR in Germany

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: PROMO TRUCK TOUR in Germany

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: PROMO TRUCK TOUR in Germany

Square Enix organized a truck tour through Germany (mostly the north though) and offers the opportunity to play the game in all three versions, apparently 3D and Eyefinity are presented as well. So far it's not been mentioned what part of the game will be playable.

It has been announced last week I think, but the full list of locations and dates were published only now:
    http://www.facebook.com/DeusExHumanRevolutionGermany
    26.07.2011 Hamburg - Saturn - Mönckebergstraße
    27.07.2011 Hamburg - Nachtmarkt - Reeperbahn/Spielbudenplatz
    28.07.2011 Bremen - Media Markt Bremen - Im Weserpark
    29.07.2011 Berlin - Media Markt Berlin - Alexanderplatz
    30.07.2011 Berlin - Sommer Safari - Arena Gelände Treptow
    01.08.2011 Dresden - Media Markt Dresden - Mickten
    02.08.2011 Leipzig - Media Markt Leipzig - Paunsdorf
    03.08.2011 Frankfurt - Media Markt Frankfurt - Borsigallee
    04.08.2011 Kassel - Media Markt Kassel - DEZ Kassel
    05.08.2011 Köln - Media Markt Köln - Marsdorf
    06.08.2011 Bonn - ProMarkt Bonn - Nordstadt
    07.08.2011 Soltau - Heidepark Soltau
    08.08.2011 Hannover - Hannover - Maschseefest - Maschsse
    09.08.2011 Hamburg - Media Markt - Wandsbek
    Would be cool if we got some feedback from people who go there (won't have the opportunity myself).

That is rather black, I wonder if it's going to be driving around at night. It appears to have no lights at side and on top as large trucks usually do. If Jock is driving everything should be ok...
    signature image

Ha, what a coincidence! I'm going to Berlin on thursday and I'll be staying for the weekend. Timing couldn't be more perfect

Definitely will try to be there.

As they have decided to avoid the south, I am a very sad kitten.

if they would come to Stuttgart I would probably go there, but since Frankfurt is the nearest location and it is 250km away I don't think I will travel that far.

On an other node: Who of the staff is coming to GamesCom in August?

cya
    Tycho
    signature image

The same thing In France soon ?

What an awesome tour truck!
    Please come to the UK too.

__

PS
    Added this info to first page of news thread.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by MyImmortal
    Please come to the UK too.
    Yes!

Meh, I wish I lived in Germany now
    Bob page: Your too late, I am already more than human!
    JC: Does that mean I don't get the job?

I wonder if they will sell/auction off the truck and trailer at some point. What a very nice toy to play with!
    signature image

Am I the only one who thinks this is fishy?

Hehe! I used to live in Hamburg, There's a little stand that sells wurstchen (sausages) just yards from Saturn on the Monckebergstrasse that I could never walk past - it's called "Mo Grill". I recommend the Thuringer and the Krakauer "So braun wie es geht"

Hope they make their way to Manchester. UK.

Sooo, was there today (but had no sausage ).

The good:

Nice truck, friendly guys (one was playing a lot himself ), most were very enthusiastic.
    They had XBoxes, PS3 and PC (with 3 Monitors...Infinity or something). The PC version looked much better than I expected! I could play an early (I think the first) mission and one stretch of a later one
    . The game looked very polished, lots of different options and lots of fun.

Oh, and they also had the german dubbed version. Surprisingly good.

The bad:

Side by side the console versions looked much less crisp and less intense colors, like expected. However, I sat quite close to the TV. At home it's pobably different when you are farther away. So it's not Crysis but enough for me.

The ugly:

Cutscenes could not be skipped...ooooh the spoilers hurt! Naaa, not really...but still, I took of the headphones.
    Biggest disappointment...still 4 weeks left.

Originally Posted by Ashren
    Sooo, was there today (but had no sausage ).

The good:

Nice truck, friendly guys (one was playing a lot himself ), most were very enthusiastic.
    They had XBoxes, PS3 and PC (with 3 Monitors...Infinity or something). The PC version looked much better than I expected! I could play an early (I think the first) mission and one stretch of a later one
    . The game looked very polished, lots of different options and lots of fun.

Oh, and they also had the german dubbed version. Surprisingly good.

The bad:

Side by side the console versions looked much less crisp and less intense colors, like expected. However, I sat quite close to the TV. At home it's pobably different when you are farther away. So it's not Crysis but enough for me.

The ugly:

Cutscenes could not be skipped...ooooh the spoilers hurt! Naaa, not really...but still, I took of the headphones.
    Biggest disappointment...still 4 weeks left.
    You mean polished game(little or no bugs) or great graphics?

Crap Augmentation: Real time Killing Floor voiceover.

Originally Posted by lol
    You mean polished game(little or no bugs) or great graphics?
    I mean polished game. No obvious bugs, controls worked fine and so on. There were no "in your face" graphics problems. No clipping (as far as I can remeber) and nothing obviously bad. It was more the side by side comparison between PC and consoles. But on the other hand, when I saw Mass Effect 2 on PC at a friends place and then played it at home on XBox360, I had the same impression. But in the end it wasn't a big deal.

But overall I am not the standard player regarding graphics. At the moment I replay Deus Ex, so I'm close to eye cancer...

Now that's a hot vehicle

I guess I could go to Bonn and try it, if I wanted, but if they're just displaying missions which I already played in the leak I see no real reason to...Also I don't want to play a german dubbed version, even if it's done comparably well. I just hate playing English games in German, or watching English movies in German, or reading English books in German,or...whatever.

Originally Posted by DisaFear
    Now that's a hot vehicle
    I swear, if this rig was mine I would convert it for living and travel the world in it.
    signature image

Frankly that truck looks a little shooped, LOL.

Originally Posted by Solid1723
    I guess I could go to Bonn and try it, if I wanted, but if they're just displaying missions which I already played in the leak I see no real reason to...Also I don't want to play a german dubbed version, even if it's done comparably well. I just hate playing English games in German, or watching English movies in German, or reading English books in German,or...whatever.
    Yep, I will also refuse to play the German dub, even if the dub is done "OK" we only get the same Standard voice-over voices we have known for YEARS, Jensens unique voice is totally butchered in the dub. Play the original.

A couple of pictures from the first two days were posted on the FB site:

Note the (wannabe) Jensen impersonator in the last pic.

What a fantastic set up, good job EM.
    Any chance you can offer this rig via some sort of prize raffle? No harm in dreaming...

Thanks for the pics, JaqTaar. I'm soooo jealous... but in the nicest possible way.
    signature image

Originally Posted by tZer
    Yep, I will also refuse to play the German dub, even if the dub is done "OK" we only get the same Standard voice-over voices we have known for YEARS, Jensens unique voice is totally butchered in the dub. Play the original.
    Yeah, a pity that that means getting a gaming PC or screwing over the German branch of the publisher by importing.

DX:HR Promo Truck in Bremen, Weserpark

(click image to enlarge)

Two MIB guarding the entrance

(click image to enlarge)

Nice decoration, both classic (the Rembrandt from the trailer)...

(click image to enlarge)

... and futuristic (the guy to the lower right fits well imo)

(click image to enlarge)

PC: first setup with shutter glasses and 3D

(click image to enlarge)

PC: second setup with 3 monitors

(click image to enlarge)

got some nice promo postcards:

(click image to enlarge)

Some observations:
    + Very friendly and enthusiastic team! I went there during my lunch break, so i couldn't really get deep into gameplay, nor did i take a look at the console versions (since i don't own a console myself).

+ I played a dedicated "demo version" of the game, consisting of two missions (i could only start the first one, the Zecke Sanders mission). So maybe there is hope for an official PC demo. I think the graphics are definitely better than in the beta demo. However, the promo guys told me this demo won't be out before launch, if at all.

- Some heavy spoilers in the starting cutscene (concerning Megans research, motive for attack etc.)

+ Start with 5 praxis points. Augs were changed minimally (e.g. you get silent walk for the first leg aug, instead of jump). Also, the demo allowed only a small subset of augs, the others were labeled as "only available in full game"

+ The 3d setup was amazing, no over the top in your face 3d effects, it was just done right. I'd love to play it like that in the final game, but i usually get headaches from 3D in movies...

- Precision control is horrible using a gamepad, and they had no mouse/keyboard setup How am i supposed to do quick hide zoom headshot move rehide sequences with that ?! It's probably a lack of FPS experience on consoles, but i honestly cannot see myself getting the same precision, speed and reaction using the gamepad, no matter the training.

+ PC version will have german and english dubs

Overall, very nice lunch break

Originally Posted by sajin
    + I played a dedicated "demo version" of the game, consisting of two missions (i could only start the first one, the Zecke Sanders mission). So maybe there is hope for an official PC demo. I think the graphics are definitely better than in the beta demo. However, the promo guys told me this demo won't be out before launch, if at all.

Gah, this is really f'in stupid. If there's a dedicated demo build already complete, why not release it?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last